The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

GOTO style droid pet

rashadk

I'd really like to see a GOTO style pet. This would resemble GOTO from KOTOR 2 (also similar to the interrogator droid from Episode IV). If it could be large sized that'd be great, but if you have to reduce the size just don't make it as small as the probe droid pets are. It should be big enough to appreciate the outer surface.

Thanks.

Being that they won't make an exact copy of G0-T0 any more than they would an exact R2-D2, there are now four spherical droid pets available to you. Two are available from the latest cartel packs, one from the Dark Side vendor on fleet, and the other from the Social vendor on Hoth.

Being that they won't make an exact copy of G0-T0 any more than they would an exact R2-D2, there are now four spherical droid pets available to you. Two are available from the latest cartel packs, one from the Dark Side vendor on fleet, and the other from the Social vendor on Hoth.

Are you saying that because the droid was in episode IV? They've brought other elements from the movies like architecture, uniforms, speeders, C3PO look a likes so I imagine that wouldn't be too big an issue. Otherwise R2-D2 doesn't exist for another 3k years so naturally I'm not expecting that. If the problem is with bringing back a "character" from KOTOR, we wouldn't have to since the droid that was our GOTO was meant to be part of a bigger line of super intelligent droids meant to save the republic. A codex entry mentions:

"Sixteen of the droids in the Gordian Reach established dictatorships on the worlds they administered, eventually declaring the region an independent territory named “400100500260026.” Supreme Chancellor Cressa was forced to deploy the Republic military to reclaim the Gordian Reach. The campaign was a widely publicized success, though not all of the rogue droids were accounted for."

Lore-wise some of these droids could end up in hands of heroes of the republic/empire. If that's still too much, how about just a G0-T0 style interrogation droid. The probe droids currently in the game more resemble Darth Maul's probe's or the Remote from KOTOR 2. I was hoping for more of a large, interrogator droid to follow me around. Preferably with the diameter of a star destroyer pet.

I suppose I could settle for a flashpoint/op/questline based around G0-T0's return (think HK-51). I really liked the idea of a droid intelligence doing far more than was intended. Very matrix-y.

Edited by rashadk

Thank you for directing me to the Dark Side vendor who sold me an "Interrogator droid," which is as close to G0-T0 in appearance as we can get in the game. also to the social vendor on Hoth.

Also thank you for directing me to the social vendor on Hoth. "The Czerka Eye" is sold there and is affordable, but requires social tier VII to use. I was looking for that one. Saw many times before, but I forgot where I saw it and knew I couldn't use it because of my social level.

There is also the "Hutt Observer" droid on the upper level of both of the Fleets, but I think, if I'm not mistaken is sold by the CE vendor there. I don't know if that brings your count to 5 Spherical Droids. Oh well.

The "Imperial LE-34 Miniprobe Droid" is a Cartel Market droid that I bought on the GTN.

EDIT: I just noticed in my collections the "Cartel MJ-52 Miniprobe Droid" which is the similar and yet very different style of the "LE-34" model.

I like the sphere droids. I fondly remember G0-T0 and also Bao-Dur's little droid from KoTOR II.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
spelling, grammar, more info