The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The "New Old Republic Era"?

Sanguiluna

Well TOR is one big package, so KOTOR would definitely be a part of that.

I can't comment on post-TOR i.e. the Great Sith War, Great Hyperspace War etc., I don't expect them to ever be fully endorsed but of course like what is happening to TOR currently I expect we'll get references and the like.

I don't expect them to make TOR canon either, considering how integrated it is into the universe, it would canonise a lot of other stuff as well and potentially limit their creative abilities. However with the story group and all this is the perfect opportunity to streamline what I perceive to be a somewhat messy part of EU continuity. But it doesn't have to be canon.

I don't know about TOR featuring in the new movies, but then again it worked pretty well in TCW so perhaps.

They wouldn't necessarily need KOTOR to tell their story. Hypothetically, they could merge the Great Galactic War and the New Sith War into some hybrid war; e.g. Darth Ruin (or whatever they might rename him) becomes the first Sith Lord and founds the order, declares war and wins, the Sith rule for perhaps a century or so before the Republic remnants return and win, Bane survives, and the thousand year peace happens.

Just based on what little we've been explicitly told, there's only been one confirmed Sith war in the canon. Unless they reveal down the line that there have been previous Sith conflicts, they would have to hybridize the various wars from the Legends in order to keep it coherent.

They wouldn't necessarily need KOTOR to tell their story. Hypothetically, they could merge the Great Galactic War and the New Sith War into some hybrid war; e.g. Darth Ruin (or whatever they might rename him) becomes the first Sith Lord and founds the order, declares war and wins, the Sith rule for perhaps a century or so before the Republic remnants return and win, Bane survives, and the thousand year peace happens.

Just based on what little we've been explicitly told, there's only been one confirmed Sith war in the canon. Unless they reveal down the line that there have been previous Sith conflicts, they would have to hybridize the various wars from the Legends in order to keep it coherent.

Well as I said TOR is one big package, the Great Galactic War has its origins in the Jedi Civil War, the Mandalorians Wars and even the Great Hyperspace War before that. Regardless of whether they are referenced they are still part of it.

I think its pretty coherent as of now. All the wars follow on to each other, reference each other and are linked in some way. However the Great Galactic War poses a lot of problems and doesn't quite gel with the New Sith Wars I'd agree.