Returning Player, Achievements, and Datacron Master Exhibition

Klind

TL;DR:

Due to issues with returning players and the achievement system I can not access the Datacron master exhibitions. I would like a GM to simply reward this items to me, as I've met all the prerequisites to get them.

Good Afternoon,

After a Long break I decided to return to Swtor, and about 3 months ago I re-subbed to the game. I've been enjoying it so far, and I like many of the changes that have been made since I've stopped playing, including the new Strong Holds.

I however have run into an issue regarding Datacrons and Achievements. Apparently I am one of the people who got their Datacrons prior to the implementation of the achievement system and thus most of them do not seem to count for in the achievement tracker, although I have all my codex entries for them (69/69).

Because of this I am unable to receive the Datacron master Exhibition even though I meet all the prerequisites for it.

Having less time to play then I used to I have ZERO desire to roll a new toon and get all the datacrons again, nor should I have to.

I submitted a ticket and the response I got was unacceptable to me:

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

I don't even care about the achievements I'm missing, The cartel coins I'm missing (Class story completions), or the titles I'm missing. I just want to Strong hold items..... Which is COMPLETELY in your power to grant. I'm pretty sure Most other MMOs would grant at least that to a player when it was not the players fault to begin with.

I don't accept waiting for a patch when this was a KNOW issue, and yet you decided to tie this reward to an achievement many people have bugged anyways. This "fix" has also apparently been in the works for months....

Some fast examples of other people with the same issue reported months ago.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=738549

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=700518

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=742271

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=732578

Thank you for your time.

~Klind~

Edited by Klind

Have you verified that you have completed the fleet datacrons on both factions, and the makeb datacrons?

Yes that isn't the issue.

While my Codex says I have 69/69 on a character for example, The Tracker indicates I'm missing almost all of them, in fact I have credit for only 8 planets (Balmorra, Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Hutta,Korriba, Makeb, Ord Mantell, and Tython).

Also because of the way the crons work, if I return to ones I've already collected and click on them "I am not eligible for the conversation" and don't get credit again because I have the codex. So to get credit I would pretty much have to start a new toon, something I don't really have time for currently.

The datacrons aren't the only achievements bugged like this for people. I don't have credit for any of the "Chapter" Achievements either though I have 3 level 55 characters, and there are more.

~Klind~

My friend who loves achievements returned to SWTOR with me this past spring, and for some reason, while all of my achievements for things like datacrons and story appeared, his did not.

He went through several tickets getting the same nonsense no-help response over and over.

Guess who didn't renew their SWTOR subscription and hasn't bothered to play since?

Failure to provide basic service, even for something frivolous as achievements in a game, is a sure fire way to tick of your customers and have them leave.

Good luck OP.

Still waiting on a Gm or any other CSR to talk to me man to man about how this is a bug and not the fault of the Dev Team... As there are reports of this issue all the back in January and when 2.0 dropped....

When will this be fixed 3.0???? 2.1 was too much.

Please just give me what I have earned.

~Klind~

Edited by Klind

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently re-subbed and have run into this issue as well. After reading through dozens of posts regarding this, a few of which Klind has linked in this thread, I've yet to see a solution posted for those affected. That's a real bummer, because the game seems to have improved a lot, and I'm really enjoying it.

To the OP: Has your issue been resolved?

If not, is there any thread where Bioware has indicated their intention to fix this? It seems the threads on this issue go back well over six months, and maybe a year?

I have been dealing with this exact issue for 2 months now. I have all the datacrons on the planets but it will not unlock the title that it checks for the Datacron achievement. Also have other titles that are not being unlocked when they should. Easiest one to prove to them was , "The Wealthy" I have all the credits needed on one toon for this yet it has not unlocked. All I get are these cookie cutter responses basically saying TS. I got one from a CS rep named 'Chris", where he told me that I had not met the requirements. I sent him a bunch of screen shots showing it to have been met and ever since I get the please submit a bug report. I have done that many times and it has yet to be fixed. The customer service of this game is lacking and they have yet to even address this issue, to just say ,"Hey we know about it and we are trying to fix it."

Have you verified that you have completed the fleet datacrons on both factions, and the makeb datacrons?

I can confirm that fleet datacrons are not even required. They are not listed on the achievement for one. Second I have the decorations and the title and have never done a the fleet datacron on any character on either side.

Edited by Mozepy
spelling