The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Taxis for Capital Stronghold Landing Pads

Nichos_Ketra

One thing that's bothered me as soon as I saw the landing pads at the Dromund Kaas and Coruscant strongholds was that they were too small for and didn't have a starship hook. Sure, the spaceports aren't (realistically) very far away, but I would still think that you could at least park a taxi there, like there are at other spots on the two planets.

This is where my idea comes in. Through some means, players can acquire what effectively counts as both a vehicle decoration and a utility. These could come in several variations, including faction type (Empire/Republic/Neutral) and vehicle type (e.g taxi, skyhopper, etc). They can be placed on a large floor hook.

When placed, these vehicles can be interacted with to open the taxi menu for the planet corresponding to the stronghold. Only the nearest travel point(s) to the stronghold would be available unless others are unlocked in a linked route. For example, players using a taxi to leave the Dromund Kaas stronghold would only initially be able to access the Kaas City Central Taxi and Imperial High Command taxis, but could access any other point they can unlock so long as the route is connected.

When a Taxi is used to travel to a taxi point, the player would either be instantly moved there after a loading screen, or treated to a cutscene of them leaving their stronghold.

These could also be used on other planets, not just Dromund Kaas and Coruscant. For example, the option of factional or neutral transportation services on Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa, such as the aforementioned skyhoppers.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra