Another returning player...

timewyrm

So, I've returned (for 7 days at the moment, but thinking long term), and trying to sort out in-game priorities my my toons. My aim is to have all four of my toons be viable for endgame pve and pvp.

Currently have:

Level 52 Op Healer (Cybertech 450/ Scavenging 450/ Underworld Trading 190). Currently on Corellia Class Missions. Currently at Valor level 52, and around 3300 RWZ Comms.

Level 50 BH (still not sure whether to go as Tank or Dps) (Biochem 450/ Bioanalysis 450/ Diplomacy 450). He's learnt all the crafting schems for Strongholds. Aim with him is to RE all the green stims to get the prototype nano-infused stims (if they're still usable by anyobody and work through defeat). Currently on Corellia Class Missions

Level 23 Assassin (once again not sure whether to go for dps or tank, but most likely dps as I'm slowly also levelling a shadow tank) (Armstech 350/ Slicing 68/ Investigation 9). Can't remember where she is in terms of class mission.

Level 14 Shadow

1. I probably have around 100k between all four toons, and so my first priority is to starting making money. I'm thinking of:

a. crafting stronghold decorations and selling them

b. getting slicing to the point I can get TRs and selling them

c. crafting and selling high level augments

d. selling the nan-infused stims

Does that sound like it'll make me good money in the current state of the game ?

2. Gear. When you hit level 55, do you still go for pvp relics first, followed by as much Obroan gear as possible ? Then piece by piece work your way up to this new Brutalizer gear ? If I'm likely to do a 50/50 pve/pvp split, is it better to go for pvp gear first, and then a set of pve ?

3. Considering both of my high level toons are on Corellia, are there any dailies I can do at the moment, or do I have to wait until 55 ?

4. Considering I've got my Shadow levelling as a tank, does it make sense to go for assassin as dps , and powertech as tank ?

5. Do I need Underworld Trading at all ? Does it help with any of the skills I've got ?

6. Anything else I need to think about ?

God, I can't wait to get back into the game!

Thanks guys :D

Edited by timewyrm

So, I've returned (for 7 days at the moment, but thinking long term), and trying to sort out in-game priorities my my toons. My aim is to have all four of my toons be viable for endgame pve and pvp.

Currently have:

Level 52 Op Healer (Cybertech 450/ Scavenging 450/ Underworld Trading 190). Currently on Corellia Class Missions. Currently at Valor level 52, and around 3300 RWZ Comms.

Level 50 BH (still not sure whether to go as Tank or Dps) (Biochem 450/ Bioanalysis 450/ Diplomacy 450). He's learnt all the crafting schems for Strongholds. Aim with him is to RE all the green stims to get the prototype nano-infused stims (if they're still usable by anyobody and work through defeat). Currently on Corellia Class Missions

Level 23 Assassin (once again not sure whether to go for dps or tank, but most likely dps as I'm slowly also levelling a shadow tank) (Armstech 350/ Slicing 68/ Investigation 9). Can't remember where she is in terms of class mission.

Level 14 Shadow

1. I probably have around 100k between all four toons, and so my first priority is to starting making money. I'm thinking of:

a. crafting stronghold decorations and selling them

b. getting slicing to the point I can get TRs and selling them

c. crafting and selling high level augments

d. selling the nan-infused stims

Does that sound like it'll make me good money in the current state of the game ?

2. Gear. When you hit level 55, do you still go for pvp relics first, followed by as much Obroan gear as possible ? Then piece by piece work your way up to this new Brutalizer gear ? If I'm likely to do a 50/50 pve/pvp split, is it better to go for pvp gear first, and then a set of pve ?

3. Considering both of my high level toons are on Corellia, are there any dailies I can do at the moment, or do I have to wait until 55 ?

4. Considering I've got my Shadow levelling as a tank, does it make sense to go for assassin as dps , and powertech as tank ?

5. Do I need Underworld Trading at all ? Does it help with any of the skills I've got ?

6. Anything else I need to think about ?

God, I can't wait to get back into the game!

Thanks guys :D

First of all, welcome back! :D

1. Those sound good to me. The only one I'm not sure about is augments, because I've never been in the augment business, so to speak.

2. Well, I don't PvP anymore so I can't help you with that part of the question. But, if you're looking for a good set of starting PvE gear, I recommend you first get to 55. Then head over to Oricon. The short mini-story will get you a basic gear set you can use as a basis until you get even better gear. As for which gear to get first (PvE or PvP), it depends on what you want to do first. If you want to do some PvP first, go for the PvP gear. If you want to do PvE, get PvE gear.

3. Yes, there are several lvl 50 daily areas. They include: Ilum, The Black Hole, and Section X. There are also several lvl 55 daily areas, which include: Makeb, CZ-198, and Oricon.

4. Yup. Play any way you want to. If you want to make an assassin DPS, go for it. If you want to make a PT tank, also go for it. I don't see any reason not to. :)

5. Technically, you don't need any crew skills. They're all optional. Underworld Trading can be used to get companion gifts which can be sold on the GTN. As for if it helps with any of your skills, Underworld Trading is used as a mission skill for Synthweaving, Armormech and Cybertech. So, if you're going to be using any of those 3 crafting skills, you'll want Underworld Trading. If not, I wouldn't worry about it. In the end, it is up to you.

6. You may want to look over the major changes to game since you left, which can be viewed here. Also, if you're looking for a good source of info on SWTOR, I recommend you check out Dulfy.net. Dulfy always keeps the site updated with the latest info regarding anything from the latest cartel packs to game patch notes. One finale thing, if you don't want to be spoiled on the latest story arc (Forged Alliances), I recommend you stay far away from the Story and Lore forum. Maybe stay away from General Discussion too, just to be on the safe side.

EDIT: Finished updating for now. Will update with more info if I remember anything important, or if you update your questions again. :)

Edited by Essence_of_Light

First of all, welcome back! :D

1. Those sound good to me. The only one I'm not sure about is augments, because I've never been in the augment business, so to speak.

2. Well, I don't PvP anymore so I can't help you with that part of the question. But, if you're looking for a good set of starting PvE gear, I recommend you first get to 55. Then head over to Oricon. The short mini-story will get you a basic gear set you can use as a basis until you get even better gear. As for which gear to get first (PvE or PvP), it depends on what you want to do first. If you want to do some PvP first, go for the PvP gear. If you want to do PvE, get PvE gear.

3. Yes, there are several lvl 50 daily areas. They include: Ilum, The Black Hole, and Section X. There are also several lvl 55 daily areas, which include: Makeb, CZ-198, and Oricon.

4. Yup. Play any way you want to. If you want to make an assassin DPS, go for it. If you want to make a PT tank, also go for it. I don't see any reason not to. :)

5. Technically, you don't need any crew skills. They're all optional. Underworld Trading can be used to get companion gifts which can be sold on the GTN. As for if it helps with any of your skills, Underworld Trading is used as a mission skill for Synthweaving, Armormech and Cybertech. So, if you're going to be using any of those 3 crafting skills, you'll want Underworld Trading. If not, I wouldn't worry about it. In the end, it is up to you.

6. You may want to look over the major changes to game since you left, which can be viewed here. Also, if you're looking for a good source of info on SWTOR, I recommend you check out Dulfy.net. Dulfy always keeps the site updated with the latest info regarding anything from the latest cartel packs to game patch notes. One finale thing, if you don't want to be spoiled on the latest story arc (Forged Alliances), I recommend you stay far away from the Story and Lore forum. Maybe stay away from General Discussion too, just to be on the safe side.

EDIT: Finished updating for now. Will update with more info if I remember anything important, or if you update your questions again. :)

Thanks for the response Essence_of_Light and the edit! :)

For the PvP gear, you'll want to max out your comms prior to hitting 55. Relics are 1st priority, then probably earpiece/implants. After that you'll want to get the set bonus (depending on class, this is usually better than getting MH/OH first), and the best pieces to do so might differ depending on the min/max strategy for your class/build (should be guides on that here in the respective forum sections). Another thing to do, although expensive, is to put the mods from the Obroan gear into a set of orange gear of your choice, which means you can augment it right away and keep the empty Obroan shells to trade in for Brut once you get to that point.

For the PvP gear, you'll want to max out your comms prior to hitting 55. Relics are 1st priority, then probably earpiece/implants. After that you'll want to get the set bonus (depending on class, this is usually better than getting MH/OH first), and the best pieces to do so might differ depending on the min/max strategy for your class/build (should be guides on that here in the respective forum sections). Another thing to do, although expensive, is to put the mods from the Obroan gear into a set of orange gear of your choice, which means you can augment it right away and keep the empty Obroan shells to trade in for Brut once you get to that point.

Thanks for this info MagikFingerz. I probably will rip out the mods and transfer to orange gear.

If you want money augments are a really good deal,my first 10 million money in game were through augment selling,don't get me wrong,i do not say that this is a easy profit and requires some time to get in "the mood of the job" so to say,and also,i do not know in which server you play and how are there the prices and how fast they sell,for example,i play on ToFN and most of the time my augments are being bought in seconds before posting and i undercut the gtn prices by like 5-10 credits.hope this will be of good use;)

If you want money augments are a really good deal,my first 10 million money in game were through augment selling,don't get me wrong,i do not say that this is a easy profit and requires some time to get in "the mood of the job" so to say,and also,i do not know in which server you play and how are there the prices and how fast they sell,for example,i play on ToFN and most of the time my augments are being bought in seconds before posting and i undercut the gtn prices by like 5-10 credits.hope this will be of good use;)

lol, I'm on ToFN too :D

I was thinking of augments, but I'd also like to get the grade 7 ship schematics, but it looks like I'll need 500 fleet commendations, which will take ages :eek:

I was thinking of augments, but I'd also like to get the grade 7 ship schematics, but it looks like I'll need 500 fleet commendations, which will take ages :eek:

nice coincidence :)they sell really good here,i mostly sell augments,and craft maybe some gear sometimes,about ship schematics i do not really know anything about them as i am a synthweaver,if you got any other questions feel free to ask.

Actually, it doesn't take as long as you think. You get fleet commendations from running space missions (obviously), but you also get them from the daily and weekly for GSF.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.