HK-51 Bug

ThirdDementor

So, HK-51 is supposed to get a Target Eliminated stack whenever he participates in a kill. Problem is, he very rarely gets a stack, no matter how much I make sure he hits a target at least once before I kill it, in a way that seems completely arbitrary. Worse still, by the time I do manage to get 5 stacks for Assassinate, it just doesn't do what it's supposed to: HK charges the ability, the animation is fired, and the enemy stays very much alive. Rest assured, I am not trying to use it on Gold+ enemies.

In case this detail may be relevant, this is a new toon on a starting planet (specifically, Bounty Hunter), in case HK isn't supposed to function properly before level 10 or something.

Also, he's still "equipped" with his starting level 50 gear (which he obviously can't use). Is that the issue, perhaps? Will unequipping him solve this?

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by ThirdDementor

In case this detail may be relevant, this is a new toon on a starting planet (specifically, Bounty Hunter), in case HK isn't supposed to function properly before level 10 or something.

Since all companions start out with a subset of their full skill set, it might be that this is also the case with HK. Which means his skill level may not be high enough yet to use the ability's full potential

Edited by LeJarC

HK functions fine for me on lowbie characters, mostly. I strip out all his stuff, buy him a cheap green rifle and send him off to kill everything on the starter planets while I eat my packed lunch. Works a treat. Even with no gear other than a rilfle he is a killing machine at low levels. I then gradually equip him using my Cybertech alt as I level.

Now I do very occasionally have his assassinate ability fail to kill someone on lowbie characters. Very rarely mind. Never have any trouble racking up the five stacks though. I think at the very least you need to get him a new gun. I usually get one of those green ones they sell cheap on Hutta for starter characters, and use that until something better comes along.

Edited by PLynkes

HK functions fine for me on lowbie characters, mostly. I strip out all his stuff, buy him a cheap green rifle and send him off to kill everything on the starter planets while I eat my packed lunch. Works a treat. Even with no gear other than a rilfle he is a killing machine at low levels. I then gradually equip him using my Cybertech alt as I level.

Now I do very occasionally have his assassinate ability fail to kill someone on lowbie characters. Very rarely mind. Never have any trouble racking up the five stacks though. I think at the very least you need to get him a new gun. I usually get one of those green ones they sell cheap on Hutta for starter characters, and use that until something better comes along.

Aye, I did my research and preemptively crafted everything HK needs from my Cybertech (basically blues until he has the levels for the moddable gear).

At any rate, you were right. Giving him a rifle - any rifle but his starting one - solves everything. Stacks through the roof, Assassinate works, and his damage became even more ridiculously high. Thank you, good sir! :D

Edited by ThirdDementor