Harnessed Shadows Bug

xMaranathax

There seems to be a bug with the Shadow Protection/Harnessed Shadow mechanic for Kinetic Combat shadows. I haven't caught the bug completely but I am getting closer.

Since I am mostly a PvPer, I tend to use my Force Cloak quite a bit more than I ever did in PvE combat. I don't know if I ever noticed this bug in PvE, but I will keep a closer watch in PvE content.

Given the following hypothetical situation, Shadow Protection is not being proc'd as intended, unless I am not fully understanding this mechanic.

Scenario:

From stealth, out of combat, activate Project, then Slow Time, giving me 2 stacks of Harnessed Shadows. Then let's say I Force Breach for a debuff on my targets, and something happens where I feel Force Cloak is the right thing to do (e.g., another enemy shows up and I am completely out numbered). Then let's say I have allies show up. So I re-engage the enemy.

At this point, I am at 2 stacks of Harnessed Shadows, and have started a new combat, keeping those 2 stacks from the previous fight.

If I project, I am at 3 stacks of Harnessed Shadows. Now, it may be silly, but for the sake of example, let's say I then activate Telekinetic Throw. What happens is the Telekinetic Throw seems to only be seeing 1 Harnessed Shadow, and my Shadow Protection doesn't get refreshed. This results in the waste of 2 Harnessed Shadows, and downtime of my Shadow Protection. After the Telekinetic Throw, I must use 1 gcd of choice, then start the the Harnessed Shadow building rotation again.

Where I plan to test: I am not sure if this is an issue due to "linked sets" of Harnessed Shadows, or if its because I left combat with the Force Cloak and the mechanism that tracks Harnessed Shadows is reset to 0, and as such, the Telekinetic Throw activated in the second combat/fight is only seeing the 1 stack of Harnessed Shadows from the Project in the second fight, that increases the stacks to 3 on the interface.

Temporary Fix: If I leave combat, even though the proc for Harnessed Shadows is active on my interface, I reset the stacks to 0 in my head. It seems to work if, when I re-engage into combat from having stacks of Harnessed Shadows from a prior fight, I rebuild the Harnessed Shadows to 3, completely ignoring what I previously had.