The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market Certificates.

Jayshames

Please increase the drop rate on these, or lower the costs in reputation stores. Honestly..

I've opened atleast 60 packs to get halfway through Hero rank in Interplanetary component exchange and only had 6 Cartel Market Certificates.

It costs an absolute fortune to get the rank needed for the "good" items. Then, you need to spend even more just to get enough Cartel Market Certificates. It's completely unreasonable.

So it's taken me ATLEAST 60 packs to get Hero rank and 6 Certificates. Series 505 set costs 10 Certificates and requires Hero rank. So, going by those figures I need to have opened roughly 100 packs to buy it.

Let's put a price on that..

• (Credits) 100 packs at roughly 200,000 each = 20,000,000 Credits.

• (Real cash) 100 packs at (current CC prices) 2,592/24 (x4 = 96) + 120/1 (x4 = 4) (100 total) = 10,848 CC which equates to £47.98 ($77~)

That's absolutely stupid. Not only that, but the GEAR ISN'T EVEN LEGACY BOUND????

I could sell those packs instead for quarter of the price and still be able to buy several sets of the same gear through GTN and have leftover credits.

Even the items obtained from the packs would sell for enough to buy a set off the GTN. What is the point?

Please do something to make getting reputation actually worth while..

I won't be buying any more CC until it's actually worth my time.

I'd like more cartel certificates for a different reason - they gated some pretty common decoration behind certificate wall(the only pretty rug in the game, the best plants, etc), and very few people are selling them on GTN(I saw the bush only twice, and the fern - once).

I'd like more cartel certificates for a different reason - they gated some pretty common decoration behind certificate wall(the only pretty rug in the game, the best plants, etc), and very few people are selling them on GTN(I saw the bush only twice, and the fern - once).

On my other account I had 12 Certificates from the first few packs released and I only just used them on the Senator's Rugs the other day since I won't get rep for anything else.

Sold those rugs for 750k each. Was nice, but I'd much prefer some unique looking items as opposed to a fast method of cash.

There should be nothing in the game that is obtainable only through cartel market certificates. The only purpose they should serve is to let people buy some of the more popular and rare cartel pack items, like the Thana Vesh, Mira, etc outfits. Basically, a secondary method of obtaining an item through buying cartel packs; either you get lucky and find it in a pack, or you collect enough certs from packs to buy it from the vendor. The fact that they are adding so many items that originate only from certificate vendors is actually offensive to me. Every single one of those decorations on those vendors needs to be added to cartel packs, or I am not touching them.

When Strongholds came around, I had been saving up money and what not. I didn't even know that Certificates would be a currency for decorations, so Certificates were useless until SH came out. I had 51 Certificates account wide, and I had usually bought a hypercrate or two, depending on how much extra cash I had, per month. This habit started around my birthday, late January.

As a subscriber i FULLY agree with you, have been with this game since open beta. Ive also spent over 200$ on cartel packs, yet i still am no where near the rep needed to buy the 1, JUST ONE, item i want. GG bioware grats on making the worst MMO addition of all time. Jesus is there 1 certificate item that DOESN'T require rep? LOL my god these developers are a joke hahahaha. Game is ok the ppl they have working on it are clearly trash. Edited by exodeath

+1 While I'm really enjoying Strongholds, this was an unpleasant surprise to find out about certificates needed for stronghold items / decor.

Edited by Code_Airwolf