The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Character/Mount Models for Fan Animation?

kittensouls

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has any resources regarding getting my hands on my character's in-game model or a model of a varactyl?

A general google search didn't reveal anything and 3d model sites like turbosquid and creativecrash, as well as a search of the forums, didn't turn anything up either. I'm assuming there are some copyright issues because of course no one wants their (very expensive) work stolen for profit, so I'm not even sure if this thread will get deleted or not (my sincere apologies to the mods if even asking is problematic) but I thought I might just try anyway?

I'm only asking because I'm a 3d animation student and I want to make a small animation (for fun and practice, not for a class or commercial gain) about my character adopting an older varactyl in bad condition. The availability of autoriggers means I can prepare premade models for animation fairly easily (I've never rigged a quadruped before though oh lord wish me strength) but being able to start with a premade model would be a lot easier, and make a nicer final product than if I had to redesign the character and varactyl into simpler models that I'd be capable of modeling in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks for any help and if I manage to get this done it'll go up in the "fanart" forums.

Hey Jayshames, what I'm referring to is a file of the model. Not an image file, but the data of a fully 3d object- the file that allows SWTOR to show your character standing in the 3d space of the game, capable of being viewed from all angles. I intend to take this file and add a rig or 'skeleton' to it so I can move it around and make a movie.

That image is useful as a reference for texture, shape and detail if I do end up having to create the model myself though, so thank you very much for your help.