Question about crafting

Great_pharaoh

Hello everybody,

I am playing this game for some days already 17 level and find it really good and for that I subscribed.Huge fan of star wars of course and lightsabers.I am playing in rp-pvp american server .My questions are :

Is crafting good as it was in star wars galaxies?

Is it worth it and can you make credits?

I always liked the idea in games of crafting something good or unique for you and playing with it (armor weapon etc) does this game have it?

If it's good what skill should I train for since I think you can not have all of them correct?

Are the craftable items good as a boss drop or pvp gear ?

My final question is can you craft crystals and give them colors you want?

Also I think for a game to be good at end game it must have good crafting system.

Edited by Great_pharaoh

Hello, I am not the most experienced player, so I can only answer a few of your questions. I don't really know what's profitable, and I never played SWG.

Hello everybody,

I always liked the idea in games of crafting something good or unique for you and playing with it (armor weapon etc) does this game have it?

Armormech makes armor for non-force classes

Armstech makes blaster weapons (and some melee weapons that aren't light sabers)

Artifice makes lightsaber hilts, off-hand items, and crystals

Biochem makes medpacs, stims, and implants

Synthweaving makes armor for force users

Cybertech makes grenades, droid armor, implants, speeders, and gadgets.

I can't speak for how good they are compared to what you get from quests or other in-game rewards. From my experience, at low levels they don't stack up to quest rewards. Maybe it improves at end-game. You can create an item and reverse engineer it. Reverse engineering gives you some mats back, but also gives you a chance to discover a 'better' version of the schematic that makes the item.

I've heard that biochem is a good way to make credits since you're creating reusable items like medpacs and stims.

If it's good what skill should I train for since I think you can not have all of them correct?

Skills are divided in three categories: crafting, gathering, and mission. You can only have one crafting skill. The skills are more or less setup so each crafting skill has one gathering skill and one mission skill that can supply materials. But if you're primary interest is making credits you can just get three gathering or mission skills and sell the materials on the GTN.

Sort of. You can use Archaeology o get 'raw' crystals of certain colors (blue, red, green, etc.) Or you can buy them on the GTN. You can then use Artifice to turn them into crystals you can equip in blasters and light sabers, provided you have the appropriate schematic.

These posts are probably good starting points:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425519

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530#

Answers in red

Hello everybody,

I am playing this game for some days already 17 level and find it really good and for that I subscribed.Huge fan of star wars of course and lightsabers.I am playing in rp-pvp american server .My questions are :

Is crafting good as it was in star wars galaxies?

Can't comment, never played Galaxies.

Is it worth it and can you make credits?

You CAN make credits. Augmentation kits, Stims, Grenades etc are all consumed on use (except reusables ofcourse) and they are used often. So, they are constantly being sold. At end-game you can "Reverse Engineer" an item to have a 20% chance of learning the schematic. For example if you get a Rating 180 mainhand drop, you can reverse engineer the hilt and if you're lucky you will learn how to craft them. These require a lot of expensive materials (for high tier items) and you can then proceed to sell these on the Galactic Trade Network above the cost it took you to make (remember to account for the 6% tax). As these are high tiered items, people with cash will buy them.

Yes. There are re-usable items such as Re-usable medpacs and Grenades. These require level X in that crafting discipline. Those who do not have that level, cannot use them. There are similar versions that they can use, however they are consumed on use.

You can take any 3 Crew Skills on 1 character. You can take 3 Gathering disciplines, or 3 crafting. It's entirely up to you. As for which ones, again.. it's up to you.

You can get a description of each Crew Skill by speaking to each of the trainers, then pressing "L" in-game and selecting the Codex pane. From here you can select Crew Skills and highlight them and it will tell you about that Crew Skill, and other suggested skills to take.

Are the craftable items good as a boss drop or pvp gear ?

In terms of armour with stats, the best comes from drops. Though, you can create moddable shells that allow you to insert mods inside them. You (or buyers) may prefer these shells to the actual boss drop shell and then purchase them.

You CAN craft crystals. Each crystal requires a schematic which can be obtained in different ways in-game. Personally I have never trained Artifice so I couldn't go into detail on where to obtain specific schematics.

Though, the Schematic that you get determines the stat and appearance of the crystal.

Also I think for a game to be good at end game it must have good crafting system.

Edited by Jayshames