Red Reaper (solo?) bug. Opponents invisible at Chandrila Orbital Station entry

LeJarC

Don't know whether this is from doing it solo, but every time I enter the Red Reaper flashpoint there's a lot of fighting going on at the entry (before going into the hall) but none of the opponents are visible. You can get a rough idea where they are from looking at where the defending soldiers are firing, but if you aren't what most would call overgeared, you would probably risk death if you don't have any aoe ability before having figured where enemy fire is coming from Edited by LeJarC

• 2 weeks later...

I figured what the problem is. It's not that opponents are invisible but they are placed below the floor surface.

I had not payed enough attention to it or simply never had the chance to notice before but recently I had switched from auto-loot on right-click to having to confirm. As a result, loot indicator light beams were up long enough to notice there was a small difference between the basic blue ones on some killed opponents, and invariably this was always on those that were invisible.

I still would not have put two and two together if it weren't for the Nar Shaddaa heroics on previous conquest week. One of them takes place around the space port and while racing through it, I noticed the same difference on loot indicators on the upper floor. Turned out that the ones which were different, emanated from opponents on the lower floor.

Another thing I noticed is that if you use an ability with a knock-back or knock-down effect, some of the previously invisible opponents become visible.

So the base of problem is the initial Z positioning of the opponents causing them to end up under the floor instead.

Edited by LeJarC