HUGE Conquest chang 1/2 way through the week? Absurd!

Creonaw

This "change to what was intended" has effectively locked the leader board. Maybe for the first three days of the conquest it "wasn't as intended", but re-running the flashpoints was seemed to be the best way to gain points. It's the weekend now, a holiday weekend for many...(no conquest on Monday again so SOL to those planning to spend the day exploring this new part of the game) As far as I know there is no advanced warning as to what the Conquested planets will be, or what the specific objectives will be, especially this first time through, so we have to go on the fly, making plans, scheduling times to get together... unless you have 40 people on constantly... we made plans, set-up a strategy and get blindsided here... total bullship! and bush league bra..

I'm in 3 guilds. For two of them we're on the leader board, upper 1/2 so no one off the board has any chance to catch us now, great thank you for skrewing them over! But in the other guild we planned to make a push this weekend.... no chance, totally shut down can't possibly get on the board. You changed the game 1/2 way through so it's not possible to make a huge point push unless you are crafting or have huge numbers to run warzones and star fighter.

This mid week, exactly half way through, change was a bone head call. It seriously unbalances the conquest. I'm guessing you won't have the balls to reverse it, for the last 2 days or sooner..., at least learn from it. Ask yourselves "Will making this 'intended change' 1/2 way through the week keep a balanced playing field?"

Again frustrated with incompetence... shame on you all,

- Rob

I agree...

If it wasn't "Intended" then your QA of a couple months you added to the delay of 2.9 should have caught this. Any MMO player is going to find the path of least resistance and I would hope you have QA people that actually PLAY MMO's doing that type of thinking ahead.

If it was not intended then it should have been fixed BEFORE the week started or AFTER the week was started. Much like last weeks exploit was 'Fixed" mid-week locking the leader boards effectively as well.

SO what is next weeks Mid-Week knee jerk going to be? OH crap PVP ques are unlimited... and have a MASSIVE upswing in players.... gee wonder why?

I am glad they hot-fixed it. There is no need to let an exploit persist. That said, the legacy-wide lockout on the FP objectives is disheartening.

Perhaps they should have just added WEEKLY missions like "Complete BT (any difficulty)" as Conquest objectives (you'd have to pick them up from a mission terminal, but a Conquest mission termianl wouldn't be a bad thing) so that the lockout would be per-toon rather than per-legacy.

I would guess you are either on the leader board solidly or had no chance to make it.

I do like your other points though. They appear to be limited by what they can limit. Allowing each toon to do the objectives would be helpful.

-Rob

Edited by Creonaw

This "change to what was intended" has effectively locked the leader board. Maybe for the first three days of the conquest it "wasn't as intended", but re-running the flashpoints was seemed to be the best way to gain points. It's the weekend now, a holiday weekend for many...(no conquest on Monday again so SOL to those planning to spend the day exploring this new part of the game) As far as I know there is no advanced warning as to what the Conquested planets will be, or what the specific objectives will be, especially this first time through, so we have to go on the fly, making plans, scheduling times to get together... unless you have 40 people on constantly... we made plans, set-up a strategy and get blindsided here... total bullship! and bush league bra..

I'm in 3 guilds. For two of them we're on the leader board, upper 1/2 so no one off the board has any chance to catch us now, great thank you for skrewing them over! But in the other guild we planned to make a push this weekend.... no chance, totally shut down can't possibly get on the board. You changed the game 1/2 way through so it's not possible to make a huge point push unless you are crafting or have huge numbers to run warzones and star fighter.

This mid week, exactly half way through, change was a bone head call. It seriously unbalances the conquest. I'm guessing you won't have the balls to reverse it, for the last 2 days or sooner..., at least learn from it. Ask yourselves "Will making this 'intended change' 1/2 way through the week keep a balanced playing field?"

Again frustrated with incompetence... shame on you all,

- Rob

All this angst over a change that impacts conquest for a single week. To read your post, this is the greatest tragedy ever to befall mankind.

They fixed an exploit ASAP. That's what MMO's should always do. Get over it.