Gathering nodes don't work for additional toons

jedial

This is a pretty minor bug with a simple workaround, but I thought I would post it anyway.

In your stronghold, if you use a gathering node with one toon and get the debuff, and then switch over to another toon, the second toon cannot use the same gathering node. It should be interesting to note that when you mouse over the node the cursor does not even change to the hand that indicates it is clickable even though other nodes are clickable. The node also does not turn purple indicating it is clickable. A simple work around is to leave the stronghold and return.

In case it helps, here is how I discovered this. All toons in this scenario were in the same stronghold when I logged them out last night.

Logged into my Shadow, gathered Blue Disphanous Crystal formation (twice) got the debuff.

Logged into my smuggler, gathered Enriched Durasteel (twice) got the deduff.

Logged into my sage, attempted to gather Enriched Durasteel but could not. Checked the Blue Disphanous Crystal formation and was not able to gather from that node either. Checked the other gathering nodes and was able to gather from them. I left this stronghold for another and returned. I was again able to gather from all nodes.

I belive this may be working as intended, similar to other clickable objects in the game. Once something is looted, you need to wait a certain period of time before it resets/respawns and can be looted again. At least that would explain why you need a silver key to be able to loot something, otherwise there is no need to restrict it.

Strangely, you can easily reset it by picking the decoration up and placing it again, so they should just shorten the respawn time to like 10 seconds instead of a few minutes.

There is another bug related to gathering nodes that I reported on PTS (group members can need/greed on the items you looted even though only you looted the item), and that is a much more pressing bug IMO.

Edit: Also reported in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=759392

Edited by Jerba

I doubt this is working as designed because there are two known workarounds, the one I posted above, and the one from the other post. Both resolve the issue in an extremely short amount of time. Although the pick up and re-place method is faster so I will probably start using that one until they fix the bug.

Well, the pickup/place doesn't work for me. It does change the cursor but even though I had not clicked it before on the toon I tried it with, I still get the "resource exhausted" when another alt just harvested the node. Leaving and re-entering also did not work for me, didn't even make the cursor change where as pickup/place did.

The weird thing is that sometimes I can change to another alt and the node is immediately clickable. Or harvest the same node a few times in a row on the same toon. I have even had that I had clicked the node on one toon, switched to another alt that gets the exhaust msg, and then the next alt only a minute later can click the node again... it feels as if there is no pattern.

Edited by LeJarC

Well, the pickup/place doesn't work for me. It does change the cursor but even though I had not clicked it before on the toon I tried it with, I still get the "resource exhausted" when another alt just harvested the node. Leaving and re-entering also did not work for me, didn't even make the cursor change where as pickup/place did.

The weird thing is that sometimes I can change to another alt and the node is immediately clickable. Or harvest the same node a few times in a row on the same toon. I have even had that I had clicked the node on one toon, switched to another alt that gets the exhaust msg, and then the next alt only a minute later can click the node again... it feels as if there is no pattern.

This is working as intended. Check your buffs, you get a 4 hour buff where you can't loot with that char again, and need to wait until it has run out before you can loot again. Alts that don't have the buff will be able to loot just fine.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no bug with the resource exhaustion.

• 1 month later...

Statement: I've been able to gather from the same node three times in a row before getting the four hour restriction. Then I switched to another toon and was able to gather from the same node some more. Only once did I gather from a node and I wasn't able to gather from it. Then I logged out and back in and I've been able to gather from it repeatedly.

Contemplative Queries: So I'm wondering, are you supposed to be able to gather from the same node repeatedly with a chance of getting the restriction? Or are you supposed to gather just once?