Not a bug really, just a complaint.. query even..regarding patch install time.

Rugworm

I have a quad core i5 3570 3.4 ghz cpu, loading the game onto a samsung ssd. With 50 gig of free space.

Yet the patch is taking FOREVER to install. It downloaded in no time. But it's taking around 10mins to install 1-2% of the install. At this rate it'll be hours before the game is ready to play.

Anyone else getting this?

I've tried ending the install and restarting, but it doesn't change the install speed.

Took 15 mins to install from 36.69% to 36.7% everything else installs fine.. but swtor insane.. times. Now it's going a little faster. I'm at 35.81%..

Disabled firewall and av.. makes no difference. @ 39.18% now.. I'm going to go sleep for a few hours.. at this rate it'll be 7pm by the time the games installed the patch. That's 5 hours from now.

Edited by Rugworm

It sounds like you have the streaming client. It is known to give you ridiculous patch times (I had minor patches take me 45 minutes). I would *highly* suggest you switch to the non-streaming client. Since I did, 2.9 took me about 5 minutes to download.

The only catch is you'll have to re-download the entire game. But I think it's worth it.

There's a guide here on how to make the switch:

Cheers!