Octom

Die? Pets are gone.

Go to your ship? Pets are gone.

Leave your ship? Pets are gone.

Fleet pass? Pets are gone.

Priority Transport? Pets are gone.

Go into an instance? Pets are gone.

Change planet instance? Pets are gone.

Pets are vanity items. They are meant to be shown. A patch (and it was reported right away to then be looked at right away; really should have been, I can't recall which now; would've help narrow the search) introduced this bug into the game several months ago and we'd really like it fixed. I don't have 175+ pets to NOT use them. Like the inventory force close bug, the pets should stay the way YOU put them. There's no reason to force despawn them at any time except to annoy. We don't want to have to pull them out every time.

Here's the original thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=649367.

Can confirm this issue, but there's no use reporting it here. We know that this bug has been forwarded to QA and is in the system, but when it will be fixed now depends on the developers; Tait can only forward the bug reports, he can't tell the devs they need to prioritize a bug.

Nevertheless, I agree that this bug needs to be fixed. As reported in this thread, this bug is the main reason why players are not that interested in using their pets and spending CC on them.

Die? Pets are gone.

Pretty sure this part is working as intended, since it has been this way since release. Only when changing the planet should the pets stay out, not when you die.

'Since launch', 'working as desired by programmers', and 'desired by players' are 3 unique things. I'm pretty sure we'd prefer that it get changed along with the rest of the fix, sort of a 'while we're at it' thing.

Die? Pets are gone.

Pets are vanity items. They are meant to be shown. A patch (and it was reported right away to then be looked at right away; really should have been, I can't recall which now; would've help narrow the search) introduced this bug into the game several months ago and we'd really like it fixed. I don't have 175+ pets to NOT use them. Like the inventory force close bug, the pets should stay the way YOU put them. There's no reason to force despawn them at any time except to annoy. We don't want to have to pull them out every time.

I could try to go into the different times that this happens, but the companion despawn bug when mounting already took probably a year to get some attention so I might as well start this one now. Please take the programming going into keeping your inventory and pets the way YOU last put them and put that into companions. They really like to pop up out of nowhere when I despawned them for a reason. They also like to disappear on you; this still happens periodically when in a group and you dismount, for example. That should have been fixed. Making it not happen every time is better, but not fixed. Just make them do what you tell them, that's it. Don't have the game change it on its own for any reason.

Die? Pets are gone. *

*This one may have always been that way, but that doesn't mean it was ever supposed to be that way. If it is actually what was originally desired so long ago, I'd ask for it to be changed to where they do no despawn. They're vanity. Does it make sense for my match-to-chest to go away when I die? No; I see this as the same thing. Just leave as is, please.

I could try to go into the different times that this happens, but the companion despawn bug when mounting already took probably a year to get some attention so I might as well start this one now. Please take the programming going into keeping your inventory and pets the way YOU last put them and put that into companions. They really like to pop up out of nowhere when I despawned them for a reason. They also like to disappear on you; this still happens periodically when in a group and you dismount, for example. That should have been fixed. Making it not happen every time is better, but not fixed. Just make them do what you tell them, that's it. Don't have the game change it on its own for any reason.

They haven't always been like this. I remember a time when if you logged out with a pet summoned, when you logged back in, you would be crouched down (in the same position as the action when you summon) when you logged back in. It was about the time that they gave us our free Tauntaun Rams. We used to call it "bowing to our Tauntaun Overlords."

Can confirm this bug, first reported in this thread, already forwarded to QA and waiting to be fixed.

Off-topic:

I'll just pick this thread to respond since you once again flooded the bug reports forum with all of the new threads. I can understand that you'd like to see these threads fixed, I also find some of these bugs quite annoying, but consistently recreating the threads doesn't really solve anything.

I recommend to listen to this episode of the Ootinicast, because there Tait describes his work on the bug reports forum. The gist is that once a bug has been forwarded to QA, there is no reason to continue to push the thread, because Tait cannot influence how the bugs are prioritized, this is completely at the discretion of the developers. For bugs like this where we already received a confirmation that this is a known bug, we just have to be patient. Constantly pushing the thread won't cause the bug to be fixed sooner. :)

Therefore, I ask that you stop recreating your threads and in the process spamming the whole bug reports forum with it, while newer bug reports (that have not yet been forwarded to QA) get pushed to the second page and risk being ignored by the devs. If you don't stop doing this, I am going to report your threads based on rule 5 from the Bug Report Forum Guidelines.

Edited by Jerba

I was specifically told to do exactly this by Bruce MacLean in person. He even specified the time frame I was to start doing this. I'll listen to him before you. As such, I wouldn't expect any reporting to get any 'action' against me when I'm doing what one of them told me to do.

I'll be back next week. Try not to let it bother you too much.

Edited by Octom