The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith War Era Ships

JoshuCassidy

Hey there,

I've been working a Star Wars d20 Online Persistent World for a few months now and I've found myself at a roadblock that maybe you awesome people can help me with.

The setting is based during the same time period as The Old Republic but I am finding next to no information on Starships of this era, beyond the player ships.

Anybody know a good place to look?

Hey there,

I've been working a Star Wars d20 Online Persistent World for a few months now and I've found myself at a roadblock that maybe you awesome people can help me with.

The setting is based during the same time period as The Old Republic but I am finding next to no information on Starships of this era, beyond the player ships.

Anybody know a good place to look?

Are you looking for starships of the Sith War era (from the Tales of the Jedi comics, set circa 3997 BBY), which is what the thread title seems to imply?

Or for era of the two Great Galactic Wars (from this game, set circa 3643 BBY)?

Because there's about a 350 year difference and pretty much all of the ships in common use have changed in that time.

For Sith War era, I would say you should try to track down a copy of the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide for the D20 system - it has info on things like the Krath's Chaos Fighters and Supremacy Attack Ships, the Republic's Star Saber fighters, etc.. That book actually has info on ships from as far back as the Great Hyperspace War (circa 5000 BBY) like the Sith Derriphan Battleships, up through the Jedi Civil War (from the KotOR games, circa 3956 BBY) like the Interdictor Cruisers.

I guess the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook also has info on some of the Jedi ships from the Sith War era like the Qel-Dromas' Crescent-X9 starship, the Nebulon Ranger.

For the Great Galactic War/TOR era,your best bet for a book would be the Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia, although I'm honestly not sure how much detail it goes into on the ships. I think it will probably have good info on the player ships like the Fury Interceptor or the BT-7 Thunderclap, and it should at least have a little bit on the Harrower Dreadnaught, Terminus Destroyer, Valor Cruiser and Thranta Corvette, which seem to be the only Capital Ships in common service.

In-game descriptions through Galactic Starfighter of the various Scouts, Strike Fighters, Bombers, and Gunships are probably the most in-depth info you're going to be able to find on those ships.

And of course there's always Wookieepedia itself.

Edited by DarthDymond