The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Searching?

Zxatan

I am new to SW:TOR but not to MMORPG and one thing that really annoyed and frustrates me about SW:TOR is the option to look at created guilds so to be able to pick and choose where you would like to call home per se. I feel that it would be a lot easier for players to be able to open a pane/window and see a list of guilds with a summary of what that guild has to offer. Then if you are interested in joining that guild, sending an application to the guild for considerations from leaders as to whether they would like to have you as a team member.

Waiting until someone from a guild to send you an invite and you no absolutely nothing about that guild is a waste of time and effort to say the least.

When I started the game my first character was invited to a guild at around level 10 and much to my dismay I soon realized that this was not the guild that suited my needs or one that I could offer any type of team play as a member. Since then I have never been invited to another guild. Thus any benefits from being in a guild are not being established for building up and leveling my character(s).

Please do not think I am being meticulous or overly picky about what guild I am in. I have enough years in MMORPG to know that nothing or no one is perfect. Just like real life there are flaws in everything and everyone. Especially me lol.

Bottom line is that it would be nice to be able to look at the options of being able to choose a guild instead of flying in blind and most of all waiting forever before a guild invites you to join only to learn that it may not suit your taste.

I do hope that the creators have some sort of plan to include the aforementioned idea in the near future.