The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech/Vanguard stat distribution for HM/NiM content question

enslaviour

So, I will preface, I am still fairly new to the game in general, but have been in a HM/NiM guild tanking since I was first able to. I have read dipstik and keyboardninja's posts on stat distributions and weights and understand them fairly well, but in a discussion in guild last night with a few guys on our NiM teams they started to push the weight of shield over absorb, and eventually mixing in a a couple of high endurance mods over their high defensive stat counter parts. The key point that they made was that KBN's numbers were based off of an even distribution of white/yellow attacks when that is largely not the case (I am not refuting KBN just hoping someone with a better grasp can give me some direction).

With that said, I saw in dipstik's thread a powertech from suckafish pointed to the above stat distribution I am referring to where at some point the break even point for health favors us over stacking defensive stats, and that shield is by far more important in practical execution than absorb and certainly well more than defense.

To the point, the guys/ladies who tank the high end NiM content, how are you distributing your stats/what was your progression like and did you notice any changes if you deviated from KBN/dipstik's numbers?