Trouble breaking the Pyro ceiling - 3.8k

PrivatePSYcho

Hi all,

I've been stuck in a bit of a rut for the past few weeks - I can't seem to break 3.8k on a 1mil dummy, no matter what I try and I've pretty much been pulling my hair out as to why I can't.

I would love to get some input on what I can do to improve, and bust through this (possibly self imposed) limit.

Spec: Pyro 2/8/36

Gear: Mostly 180s, with Dread Master Implants

Fairly recent parses here

I've been following what Marisi has been using for rotation:

TD, EN, Adrenal, IM, RS, PS, PS, RS, PS, PowerSurge+TSO, FM, PS, RS, TD, PS, PS, RS, IM, PS, PS, RS, PS, PS, PS, RS, TD, Vent, PS, PS, RS, IM, PS, PS, RS, EN, PS, RS, TD, PS, PS, RS, EN, PS, RS (rinse and repeat)

and have skirted around 3.8k DPS on the 1 mil dummy, but just can't quite hit it.

I know it's entirely achievable in my current gear, so I would greatly appreciate any input anyone can provide!

What I've noticed from your parses that you link is the crit rating is low. In order to break that threshold your powershot and railshot need to be at least 50 percent. Of course the only way you get 50 crit on rail shot and power shot is RNG and maybe a little more crit rating in your gear. I noticed you have around 240 crit rating, I would add one crit mod or enhancement.

I've only been able to get one or 2 parses over 4k and that was with good crit, good RNG and almost near perfect rotation. Don't get discouraged.

He's right, for the most part. Your rotation looks good, your APM is fine. If you're hitting 3.8k consistently, you're not doing bad. Most of my 4k+ parses had significantly higher crit than yours (same rotation).

The other thing with pyro is that occasionally, due to the tiny bit of alacrity you have to take for reduced CD on vent heat, 2x PS won't proc PPA. It sucks but not much you can do other than do your best to fix it and get back into the rotation asap. Basically if you're parsing and you have a failed proc, you can bet you just lost a good chunk of dps. I tend to find that most of my 1 mill parses get a screwed proc somewhere in them.

Edited by Izisvi

Thanks for your input guys!

I've found that when I subbed in a 186 off-piece crit mod, I actually lost about 100 DPS on average!

How much higher crit percentage do you guys have over a 1 million dummy?

Also, regarding the (annoying) extra Power Shot to proc PPA: since I've dropped Rapid Shots, and have been doing the TD -> UL -> IM rotation, I've found that it only happens if I clip the Unload..

I found I have to queue the Power Shot at the last possible .2 of a second, other wise I cop that extra one.

Edited by PrivatePSYcho