The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2 Debate Thread, Dxun 213

Silenceo

Just a quick note, Vashti's flame thrower has been noted to make use of oil and tar instead of gas. Which means the rain wouldn't instantly put the fire out.

Though from the PM's concerning the weather I am getting from Karadron, it will make long range shooting nonviable, unless I am misreading the information Karadron? (Not trying to condescend, just looking for clarification since it is your storm)

Another thing Karadron mentioned that is good to remember is that the area they are in lacks much vegetation and Jahuro is down 70 or so meters on a rocky ridge, with a heavy downpour.

Side Note: I just want to mention that if anyone disagrees, then VOICE IT. Just because I am the Narrator, does not mean I am always right, it means I have to gather as many facts as I can and to make sense of them. It is everyone else's job to ensure that they opinions are heard as they are, unaltered by what they fear the Narrator might do to them for it. I will never use Narrator powers like that. I want honest opinions, even if it means everyone siding with Vashti. Not just for this round either, always voice it, or the Narration ends up listening to the IC, the OOC, and the 2-4 people who give comments. The goal is for me as the Narrator to take opinions, statements, and scenarios from all participants to more accurately craft the scenes and events. Do not fear Narrator backlash, instead fear the lack of information given to the Narrator to work with.

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then killing you just been made that much harder for her she have to fight you close range in range of your force powers you have a pretty good blaster defense so her blaster will not be that useful hand to hand we all have a good combat skills when it come to that so her best option would be to shot you with her blaster which you will deflect and use her flame thrower to create distance so she get away

It might sem like am on Jahuro side for this one but all in all Vashti would have kicked your as if it wasn't for the rain so the rain is what really keeping him from being killed even with you being dazed I doubt she will be able to hit you fast enough or hard enough to kill you her best bet would be running and looking for torval liked she original planned

Also so the tomb is in the 100 mile radius no2

@Jaron curse those grenades! He was just trying to sell girl scout cookies!

As for the Temple, if I recall its location in relation to the Mandalorian base, then it should yes, but no obelisks (sp?), and I do not advise going inside... No spoilers, but bad idea. :d_evil:

As for the situation at hand, I would not count Vashti out yet considering how injured Jahuro is and the fact that BB isn't exactly a chump in melee.

Just eh, don't slip...

Side Note: Originally I was waiting for more data so that I could write how Vashti killed Jahuro, showing his injuries and such, but the narration of the storm changes the entire scenario. So many more variables and changes. (Again, I did not ask for/order it to be done to save Jahuro. I am not sure why I keep saying this since no one is making accusations, and I have already cleared this matter... Bah, curse me for being wary of good fortune!)

After Thoughts: To spark conversation, in his injured state, what do you all think Jahuro could do? I feel we are focusing a bit much on what Vashti can do, which is immense given the injuries she has already delivered.

Edited by Silenceo

@Jaron curse those grenades! He was just trying to sell girl scout cookies!

As for the Temple, if I recall its location in relation to the Mandalorian base, then it should yes, but no obelisks (sp?), and I do not advise going inside... No spoilers, but bad idea. :d_evil:

As for the situation at hand, I would not count Vashti out yet considering how injured Jahuro is and the fact that BB isn't exactly a chump in melee.

I 4f

Just eh, don't slip...

Side Note: Originally I was waiting for more data so that I could write how Vashti killed Jahuro, showing his injuries and such, but the narration of the storm changes the entire scenario. So many more variables and changes. (Again, I did not ask for/order it to be done to save Jahuro. I am not sure why I keep saying this since no one is making accusations, and I have already cleared this matter... Bah, curse me for being wary of good fortune!)

Ikr those grenades are a dangerous if not used under heavy supervision of a professional lol

Ok that's good kills two birds with one stone then look at the group I am going after look at there make up bring who to the temple with me will be most beneficial also I have concel others so I can sneak us into the outpost and onto a ship so I have my way off the ship and why no obelisks armor my character will look so cool but am happpy no obelisks at all it makes it a little easier

Also am not saying she isn't a great at hand to hand combat but you have the height and reach advantage and she is on a downward slope so slipping would not be out of the question

Also I don't think you are writing you character a way out of death you can just write yourself out of things better then most also you had that lucky update that saved your life but I want into the action I need to start my character journey soon I'll right the beginning of it tonight

Also I don't think you are writing you character a way out of death you can just write yourself out of things better then most

I assume you are referring to the last match where S1L was quite good at evading destruction by skillful deception? Granted, Jahuro is also based on similar concepts of deception. However, I am trying to get my biased out of my vision and trying to get the prospective arguments of how he might be killed, or how he might escape out without my interference. I might correct or note certain things, but for the most part I am trying to practice not getting too involved with the character as well as allowing others to have their view of the characters effect the possibilities. I of course will point out the ones that are unlikely, but for the most part, DIE BIASED OPINION!!!

Side Note: There are ways out for him, but first I want to gauge everyone's thoughts on his condition and available concentration. Don't want to write him doing a back flip as he uses dominate mind while simultaneously slipping into force cloak. :p That would be absurd! But epic imagery...

Edited by Silenceo

I assume you are referring to the last match where S1L was quite good at evading destruction by skillful deception? Granted, Jahuro is also based on similar concepts of deception. However, I am trying to get my biased out of my vision and trying to get the prospective arguments of how he might be killed, or how he might escape out without my interference. I might correct or note certain things, but for the most part I am trying to practice not getting too involved with the character as well as allowing others to have their view of the characters effect the possibilities. I of course will point out the ones that are unlikely, but for the most part, DIE BIASED OPINION!!!

Side Note: There are ways out for him, but first I want to gauge everyone's thoughts on his condition and available concentration. Don't want to write him doing a back flip as he uses dominate mind while simultaneously slipping into force cloak. :p That would be absurd! But epic imagery...

Yes I am you got out from almost all of the death scene last round but I haven't really seen no bias from you its just you trying to keep your character from dying like the rest of us with all the information you can get and I just pictured it that would be awesome like a scene from a movie but I don't think he would stick the landing since he ia wounded but why it seems like we are the only 2 dealing with this problem

Yes I am you got out from almost all of the death scene last round but I haven't really seen no bias from you its just you trying to keep your character from dying like the rest of us with all the information you can get and I just pictured it that would be awesome like a scene from a movie but I don't think he would stick the landing since he ia wounded but why it seems like we are the only 2 dealing with this problem

That is part of the absurdness of the image. :d_grin:

I do think everyone should take a more active role, but I can not force them, we all have things we get busy with or do not have interest in if they do not feel they are needed. I think they are needed to give input, but not much I can do.

But yeah, S1L had lots of experience, hence part of why he was able to escape such scenarios so often as well as fabricate facades before they were in called into question so that they would be solid when inspected. Jahuro does not have nearly that much experience, even compared to this Era's S1L simply because by this point S1L is already around 300 years in operation.

On that note, we have not seen the last of S1L3NC30 this round... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_P6Tmp0CE when I release the Legacy II (second part of the Legacy Scenario) in a few days, after this fight is resolved, I think you guys might have some unkind words for me. Trust me, very soon here, S1L shall add to his ever growing kill count...

:d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::d_rolls_eyes:

Side Note: Aurbere, Star, Canino, and Warren, you guys need to do a bit more to catch up time wise. I mean, only so many songs of Kumbiya can be sung by the Pacifists... As for the weapons dealer and the IA, quite a long jungle run. :d_grin:

Edited by Silenceo

That is part of the absurdness of the image. :d_grin:

I do think everyone should take a more active role, but I can not force them, we all have things we get busy with or do not have interest in if they do not feel they are needed. I think they are needed to give input, but not much I can do.

But yeah, S1L had lots of experience, hence part of why he was able to escape such scenarios so often as well as fabricate facades before they were in called into question so that they would be solid when inspected. Jahuro does not have nearly that much experience, even compared to this Era's S1L simply because by this point S1L is already around 300 years in operation.

On that note, we have not seen the last of S1L3NC30 this round... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_P6Tmp0CE when I release the Legacy II (second part of the Legacy Scenario) in a few days, after this fight is resolved, I think you guys might have some unkind words for me. Trust me, very soon here, S1L shall add to his ever growing kill count...

:d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::d_rolls_eyes:

Side Note: Aurbere, Star, Canino, and Warren, you guys need to do a bit more to catch up time wise. I mean, only so many songs of Kumbiya can be sung by the Pacifists... As for the weapons dealer and the IA, quite a long jungle run. :d_grin:

I'd say if they do not respond by the time the storm reaches them then they die in it.

I agree. Only reason i'm not debating is I actually have no clue what I'm debating (And I'm waiting for Taz vs Vashti to go down)

Do you mean you can't decide on a side, or just not sure due to the confusion? If it is the first, then just state what you see no matter what side it is for, that often subconsciously helps you to decide. If it is the second, then I can answer the questions to straighten it out for ya when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Edited by Silenceo

Do you mean you can't decide on a side, or just not sure due to the confusion? If it is the first, then just state what you see no matter what side it is for, that often subconsciously helps you to decide. If it is the second, then I can answer the questions to straighten it out for ya when I wake up tomorrow morning.

It's the second, I literally have no clue what is going on

It's the second, I literally have no clue what is going on

Due to recent narrations the scene for the Vashti vs Jahuro has changed and we are trying to settle it once and for all so that we can get past this roadblock.

Summery:

Extreme storm rolling in

Zakkeg charging Vashti *flamethrower likely*

Rain on a rocky slope

Periodic lightning

Heavy rain

From there, I am trying to gather all of the variables, opinions, possible scenarios, likely actions, ect to try and make the most accurate conclusion to this roadblock. Did this clear up the confusion or is there something specific I can clarify?

Due to recent narrations the scene for the Vashti vs Jahuro has changed and we are trying to settle it once and for all so that we can get past this roadblock.

Summery:

Extreme storm rolling in

Zakkeg charging Vashti *flamethrower likely*

Rain on a rocky slope

Periodic lightning

Heavy rain

From there, I am trying to gather all of the variables, opinions, possible scenarios, likely actions, ect to try and make the most accurate conclusion to this roadblock. Did this clear up the confusion or is there something specific I can clarify?

We need lk for this I need to know ho2 her armor hold up inthis type of weather and its no road block really the strom made it hard for her to do anything her best move would be to just hide pr wait for it to die down

All Mandalorians have boots designed for vertical climbs or landings on sloped edges, etc... so fairly decent at the least.

So you slipping isn'tvery likely ok thank you well now I have a potential scenario for how this wil play out this can play out a few ways but I don't think killing our 2 best story tellers would be a good idea when it is only the IC second day come on people atleast give it till the forth day before crap hit the fan lol but all seriousness I think both character should be severely wounded I think both character have abilities that would injury the other without kiling them there play style cancels each others out Vashti can't fight from a far with her sniper rifle thanks to the rain so she have to move in close enough to fight him hand to hand or with her heavy blaster/flamethrower combination but Jahuro abilities are perfect for fighting far away so he is going to keep backing up to creat separation between the two so so this fight thanks to the rain will be a draw no matter what unless one of you want to just drop died but the zekkargs I don't know how they will affect the out come

Side note: Am working on my next post am thinking Jaron is more then a about 10 miles away from Darksaber and Karadron characters so can I see the storm coming or am I to far away to notice it tell I am already in it

Edited by Jarons

Ok, sorry for the absence, kinda felt the need for a break, sorry :/

Umm, I think it's less how good her boots are and more the terrain of Dxun, it's not unheard off for a cliff or rock face to give way during a massive storm, and really if a lot of it's off then you really wouldn't stand a chance of landing without injury, especially because in my head the place she's standing on is near vertical.

She has been to plenty of extremely dangerous planets including Dxun before.

Canderous Ordo became Mandalore the Preserver and kept his title for two reasons: 1.Vision and 2.Experience, he had more experience than any other Mandalorian could claim. He was in his fifties and he knew more about combat and tactics than anyone else who could call themselves Mando'ade.

Vashti has 53 years of experience as a Mandalorian, being sent out on missions to execute Mandalore's personal most wanted on worlds all across the galaxy, it is what she lives for.

Keep this in mind when judging how effectively she will be able to deal with stuff like weather or terrain.

Also I really don't see how rain is going to effect a sniper rifle with a tactical HUD as a scope and a helmet with multiple spectrums to view through. If Mandalorians couldn't fight effectively in rain or storms on Dxun then they wouldn't have caused so much of a pain in the *** for Surik and her men on the same moon.

Like i said above, she is highly experienced and making such a rookiee mistake is unlikely.

But in you post you made that mistake you used the plasma grenade you put one in b4 or you throw one at Jahuro so why wouldn't that confuse your Hud

Also no one is doubting you skills but the strom is the worst seen on that planet even if you been there before you never experienced one like this its a strom created by the force either by a force ghost in the tomb or a seriously powerful dark side force user creating it so its no normal strom it could be extremely dangerous your best bet would be to hide and wait for it to die down before its kills you or damages you equipment

Side note:Just because you have years of experience everyone makes mistakes even professionals so Vashti making a mistake isn't impossible its not likely but can still happen

Edited by Jarons

Yet you are assuming she was staring right at it, she was not. Vashti was hidden and used the comms to listen in, when it became apparent that B4 was not complying to her plan, she executed the plan she had in place, taking the droid out simultaneously.

Also Dxun's storms are going to be minor compared to other hostile worlds such as Tatooine, Rhen Var, etc...

Also no mistakes from her are not impossible, however her personal margin for error is going to be minimalist at least.

Yet you are assuming she was staring right at it, she was not. Vashti was hidden and used the comms to listen in, when it became apparent that B4 was not complying to her plan, she executed the plan she had in place, taking the droid out simultaneously.

Also Dxun's storms are going to be minor compared to other hostile worlds such as Tatooine, Rhen Var, etc...

Also no mistakes from her are not impossible, however her personal margin for error is going to be minimalist at least.

So she did not have line of sight on Jahuro at the time?