The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2 Debate Thread, Dxun 213

Silenceo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure we're just waiting for Sel to narrate what happened.

You are? :eek:

Well, like I said, can't until I'm back tonight :(

I would do it off my phone, but last time "baby Bantha" got autocorrected to "bit of banter."

My phone is so British :D

But yeh, that, and I'm travelling :(

Edited by Selenial

You are? :eek:

Well, like I said, can't until I'm back tonight :(

I would do it off my phone, but last time "baby Bantha" got autocorrected to "bit of banter."

My phone is so British :D

But yeh, that, and I'm travelling :(

(Dooku's Voice) We are expecting great things from you... Do not disappoint us...

No hurry, Sel. Although seeing the autocorrects of your phone might be entertaining.

Offtopic on Strongholds:

My stronghold feels like it has a big hole inside. Filling it up will yet take many Flashpoints and Operations. More on this topic should happen in the chatting thread.

I feel there are a few inconsistencies in the recent scenario, mostly things that seem out of character for Jahuro, considering Jahuro is not in control currently, it is Boran.

Boran is less rash, and considering his array of skills and his previous experience, I do not believe he would walk into another trap after surviving the first trap.

He would indeed be pissed though, and he would indeed fear the Zakkegs, I just feel that a bit of it didn't feel like it was IC. Then again, it could just be because it is one of the first times he wasn't under my control. :eek:

Side Note: I am not trying to argue the end result, merely that he might not rush forward so readily after surviving a trap.

Edited by Silenceo

The question now is: Can Jahuro defend himself from her direct attacks? Heavy Sniper rounds, Heavy Blaster shots and possibly flamethrower bursts, I don't think in his current state he could defend himself from such attacks.

Then take into consideration the following: she has a tracking dart launcher, even if he makes it out, she could easily stick him with a dart and then just kill him later.

Depending on how far away the Zakkeg is, if she can put in a fatal shot or two then Jahuro/Borans might be dead, then it is down to escaping.

Given her L-A-M, she likely knows the exact positions of the targets and with her experience, including on Dxun itself, she knows what time she has.

This is her plan remember.

If Boran could affect the Zakkegs with a wave of fear, I guess they were already rather close at that point. Firing at a wounded Boran first and worrying about the charging Zakkeg afterwards seems very dangerous.

Also: The Narrator post doesn't say anything about it, but since the wave of fear was sent out blindly, shouldn't it affect everything nearby, including BB, in some sort? Not as much as the Zakkegs, of course, but it might unsettle her enough to focus on the wrong target first.

Like: BB injures Borans severely/fatally and the Zakkeg injures BB severely/fatally.

If Boran could affect the Zakkegs with a wave of fear, I guess they were already rather close at that point. Firing at a wounded Boran first and worrying about the charging Zakkeg afterwards seems very dangerous.

Also: The Narrator post doesn't say anything about it, but since the wave of fear was sent out blindly, shouldn't it affect everything nearby, including BB, in some sort? Not as much as the Zakkegs, of course, but it might unsettle her enough to focus on the wrong target first.

Like: BB injures Borans severely/fatally and the Zakkeg injures BB severely/fatally.

Overall sounds accurate, but I just feel I should remind you that he can force cloak to escape if need be. I am not saying he will not take injuries, merely that he didn't earn the title, "Terror of the Night", by just massacring people out in the open.

Yeah I would say that BB will have to deal with the Zakkeg first. It will not be an easy kill so getting it out of the picture is really her only option if she wants to live.

On this note, I would like to ask how feasible it would be for Boran, once he has recovered from the concussion blast, which wouldn't be that long really. To exploit the opening the Zekkag gave him when it charged Vashti to dominate the mind of the other Zekkag, that has its direction unspecified. While I could be wrong, Zekkag's seem dull witted and rely on their brutish strength and durability to survive, which makes a perfect tool for Jahuro/Boran to take advantage of when he is back on his feet.

If he is able to do so, it would likely tax his reserves vastly, meaning he would have to recuperate for a few days, though it would do nothing for his physical condition, I would like to remind everyone the effect that massive amounts of fear around him does for Boran/Jahuro. While yes, it does sooth his mind, think of it like a vampire and blood, just mentally. So with the Zekkag's filled with the wave of fear, it is likely that could actually cause him to be more lethal with his mental abilities. Kinda like a snowball effect. The more fear he induces/senses around him, the more he can draw on it from other sources than himself, which both sooth his psyche, and builds upon his mental abilities. Do note this has 0 effect whatsoever on his physical abilities, because in theory he already has the ability that the fear unlocks, but he is only able to achieve it with the right conditions, which are similar to what drove him insane in the first place.

Think of him + fear similar to Shark + blood. They both already possess the ability to be deadly and have what the additional thing has inside of them, but it merely sets it off. The shark goes into a frenzy, and Jahuro/Boran would go into a somewhat sadistic state of mind that grows with the fear when in the midst of it. Once the fear stops rolling in, that is when he stops using it to fuel his mental abilities, which is when his mind begins to be soothed. He could do it mid-combat, but he knows full well that doing so could be wasteful as well as counter-intuitive, since it would mean less fear would be produced.

For those of you scratching your heads at this, I did mention this type of effect before the game began when we were going over character details, albeit not too deeply then, and went over it briefly when Jahuro encountered the Fearful Soldier. To simplify, he already has the strength within him, but the fear is the key to unlocking it, it allows him to become very close to how he was before the incident that made him insane.

For example, see the scene with Chuckles-At-Predators where while he is indeed talking to a squirrel, otherwise seems to act quite sane and reasonable. And while he lost a bit of the sanity when he came upon B4 merely due to time elapsed, he was still acting quite like a noble in manners and wordings. However, the explosions and injuries have likely stripped what remained of his "fear reserves" meaning he will be fully insane in the coming fight, though he is likely to allow the fear from BB and the two Zekkags to effect his mind throughout the encounter.

She isn't going to be effected in this manner, that is way out of character, her emotions were burned out of her over the decades, fear requires emotion, something she lacks.

The Zakkeg should not be all that difficult to handle at all in reality, she has 49% of her fuel left and one of the major weaknesses of the beast was flame engulfing. It's under-belly is little more than rough hide, burning to death is well within possibility.

That shouldn't be difficult by any means, she is the only one in the group with previous experience dealing with these things. Once this is accomplished, tackling Jahuro should be fairly simple. He is not Darth Malgus, he will not tank grenades and then stand up like nothing happened.

He has taken three grenade hits, gaining a reliable train of thought in less than five minutes would be an accomplishment.

She isn't going to be effected in this manner, that is way out of character, her emotions were burned out of her over the decades, fear requires emotion, something she lacks.

The Zakkeg should not be all that difficult to handle at all in reality, she has 49% of her fuel left and one of the major weaknesses of the beast was flame engulfing. It's under-belly is little more than rough hide, burning to death is well within possibility.

That shouldn't be difficult by any means, she is the only one in the group with previous experience dealing with these things. Once this is accomplished, tackling Jahuro should be fairly simple. He is not Darth Malgus, he will not tank grenades and then stand up like nothing happened.

He has taken three grenade hits, gaining a reliable train of thought in less than five minutes would be an accomplishment.

I don't think it will be that easy. Zakkegs were considered a challenge. Sure the flamethrower will help but hitting their vulnerable underbelly will not by any means be easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, we need this scenario to be completed within the next few days, or I will kill all characters and living beings within a 10 mile radius, excusing it as, "Darth Vespus grew bored of the battle so he bombarded the location as he laughed." In order to do this, I have a list that needs to be completed.

Karadron: I need background and environmental details as well as all NPC locations within a mile of the encounter. What they are currently doing or if they were attracted by the explosions is crucial *though unlikely to change anything* since it effects the aftermath. I also need to know more about the storm such as rapidity of the lightning strikes since they are on a raised slope.

Selenial: I need you to brainstorm possible scenarios starting from when the rain starts, taking into account the probable distance and environmental effects. I need to know everything you think might or could happen, no matter how unlikely or implausible.

LadyKulvax: I need you to list in great detail how Vashti will respond to said things such as the sudden change in weather *which is worse than I at first thought*, if the severe rain might effect her flame thrower, and how good of a shot she is with her pistol. Any other responses to any events that could occur, I want Vashti's responses to them, ASAP.

Everyone Else: Opinions, thoughts, possible scenarios, everything!

Get to it people, all of these are pieces I will need to make an unbiased scenario that fits with the current scene. Just to alleviate thoughts that I might have conceived the storm to save Jahuro, I will state right now that I did not come up with the idea nor the specifics, I merely gave my stamp of approval to Karadron for when he thought it a good time to introduce it. Time was not specifically given, so that it did not have an expiration date and it would make things intense.

All questions and remarks are welcome and demanded.

Side Note: Some of you might be re-acting terribly to the prospect of the Narrator Character simply ending some of the characters, but I have been more than patient, but we have not had enough of a response nor enough information to move forward in an informed manner. I have been trying to not be the one to write it so as to not be biased, but if I must, I will do what needs to be done. Jahuro's death is pretty good odds.

Edited by Silenceo

Alright, we need this scenario to be completed within the next few days, or I will kill all characters and living beings within a 10 mile radius, excusing it as, "Darth Vespus grew bored of the battle so he bombarded the location as he laughed." In order to do this, I have a list that needs to be completed.

Karadron: I need background and environmental details as well as all NPC locations within a mile of the encounter. What they are currently doing or if they were attracted by the explosions is crucial *though unlikely to change anything* since it effects the aftermath. I also need to know more about the storm such as rapidity of the lightning strikes since they are on a raised slope.

Selenial: I need you to brainstorm possible scenarios starting from when the rain starts, taking into account the probable distance and environmental effects. I need to know everything you think might or could happen, no matter how unlikely or implausible.

LadyKulvax: I need you to list in great detail how Vashti will respond to said things such as the sudden change in weather *which is worse than I at first thought*, if the severe rain might effect her flame thrower, and how good of a shot she is with her pistol. Any other responses to any events that could occur, I want Vashti's responses to them, ASAP.

Everyone Else: Opinions, thoughts, possible scenarios, everything!

Get to it people, all of these are pieces I will need to make an unbiased scenario that fits with the current scene. Just to alleviate thoughts that I might have conceived the storm to save Jahuro, I will state right now that I did not come up with the idea nor the specifics, I merely gave my stamp of approval to Karadron for when he thought it a good time to introduce it. Time was not specifically given, so that it did not have an expiration date and it would make things intense.

All questions and remarks are welcome and demanded.

Side Note: Some of you might be re-acting terribly to the prospect of the Narrator Character simply ending some of the characters, but I have been more than patient, but we have not had enough of a response nor enough information to move forward in an informed manner. I have been trying to not be the one to write it so as to not be biased, but if I must, I will do what needs to be done. Jahuro's death is pretty good odds.

Within a mile of Vashti and Jahuro?

EDIT: NVM just got to actually read the whole thing. I feel like an idiot now. :p

Edited by karadron

Ok well I was fine with the update but lk character confused the hell out of me first I thought Jahuro was alive next he somehwo had his head blown off but then I thought maybe she was hit with a wave of insanity but the whole post she had left me confused so are you died or not

Also there been alot that made the game go slow but I think you should give the game till next monday to start it back up again or just kill the players who stopped playing off so don't kill me this my first round dude also am out the 10 mile radius so I should be fine right

I think Lk post need to be retcon as a attempt at killing you she shoild leave you serveverly wounded but not died

Edited by Jarons

I think that if Vashti kills Jahuro then there should be some sort of psychological backlash. Jahuro is all about mind games so I think if he realizes that the end is inevitable then he would react in a way that would leave a lasting impact on his killer. I'm thinking along the lines of breaking down the barrier she's put in place to block out her emotions.

Like what else are you looking for

Anything and everything that everyone thinks could in someway at all influence the Vashti vs Jahuro situation.

I do not currently need character data on Jaron.

Side Note: Edits with notations such as Side Note, After Thought, or ect are good in my opinion to avoid double posts when others do not seem to be posting quite yet.

Edited by Silenceo

Anything and everything that everyone thinks could in someway at all influence the Vashti vs Jahuro situation.

I do not currently need character data on Jaron.

Side Note: Edits with notations such as Side Note, After Thought, or ect are good in my opinion to avoid double posts when others do not seem to be posting quite yet.

Ok well her flamethrower can still be useable because its gased powered I think not sure if it is then it can still be used but won't be as strong if it wasn't raining but the plasma grenade would stil work maybe but it just be a regular flash bang because as far as I know a plasma grenade is just a fire bomb but hotter but the rain will cool it off so that usekess aslo her LAM I think she called it when you were blown back you would have landed in some mud am pretty sure we all seen predator the mud will cover up your heat signature and the sinper thing will also be hard to do professional snipers have trouble shooting in the rain am not saying she won't hit you but it would take time to line up the shoot right Jahuro would have been left also Jahuro has enough power and mastery of force fear to a dent or either destroy her emotional barrier doing that he won't have to kill you all your emotions you been holding back will come flooding back into you your character will be a reck