The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2 Debate Thread, Dxun 213

Silenceo

Crazy talk! :rolleyes: This may be a fight scene, but do remember why it was initiated, the execution of Rork due to Tune's request. ;)

As for the firing the shots off at S1L while he is getting free of the trap, unless Rork is already within sight of the trap I doubt this. That does not mean however that he will not get shots off or that it will be a one sided fight. When I get enough opinions and thought out ideas, I will try and make it quite entertaining.

The hard part for me currently is thinking of how S1L injures Rork at range, that causes him to bleed out or to become poisoned. All of the stuff that could do that, are his close range equipment.

Proposed Scenario

What I see as being a posibility, while brutal, is for S1L to approach, notice the trap just in time, and activate it remotely with a stick or a small animal to draw Rork's attention. When he comes, he ambushes the wookie, and the fire fight ensues. It will likely end up with Rork becoming angry that he is unable to land any shots on the droid, and the droid luring him towards a specific spot. A spot where he likely planted a mine. To fit with the rest, Rork would normally avoid the obvious trap spot, but due to his rage which pushes him to fight, he steps on the explosive, blowing off one of his legs. Moments later S1L steps out from the shadows and cuts off one of his hairy arms that tries to swipe at him, likely as proof of the kill. He then leaves Rork bleeding on the ground. As S1L leaves on the shuttle, to present the arm to Vespus, Jaron arrives at the site of the start of the fight. He makes his way through the battle ground and finds Rork bleeding out, I end the narration there to allow a few last words between the two.

Any disagreements with the above scenario?

Do not read the spoiler if you do not wish the fight scene to be ruined.

That was...Disgusting :eek:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy talk! :rolleyes: This may be a fight scene, but do remember why it was initiated, the execution of Rork due to Tune's request. ;)

As for the firing the shots off at S1L while he is getting free of the trap, unless Rork is already within sight of the trap I doubt this. That does not mean however that he will not get shots off or that it will be a one sided fight. When I get enough opinions and thought out ideas, I will try and make it quite entertaining.

The hard part for me currently is thinking of how S1L injures Rork at range, that causes him to bleed out or to become poisoned. All of the stuff that could do that, are his close range equipment.

Proposed Scenario

What I see as being a posibility, while brutal, is for S1L to approach, notice the trap just in time, and activate it remotely with a stick or a small animal to draw Rork's attention. When he comes, he ambushes the wookie, and the fire fight ensues. It will likely end up with Rork becoming angry that he is unable to land any shots on the droid, and the droid luring him towards a specific spot. A spot where he likely planted a mine. To fit with the rest, Rork would normally avoid the obvious trap spot, but due to his rage which pushes him to fight, he steps on the explosive, blowing off one of his legs. Moments later S1L steps out from the shadows and cuts off one of his hairy arms that tries to swipe at him, likely as proof of the kill. He then leaves Rork bleeding on the ground. As S1L leaves on the shuttle, to present the arm to Vespus, Jaron arrives at the site of the start of the fight. He makes his way through the battle ground and finds Rork bleeding out, I end the narration there to allow a few last words between the two.

I like it it needs a little more flair but its good and its allow me to show my sith side a little

I like it it needs a little more flair but its good and its allow me to show my sith side a little

In regards to the flair, the real thing always has more than the simple outline, silly! :p

As for the sith side...Gooooooood! :jawa_evil:

Any inconsistencies in that scenario that anyone sees? Out of character behaviors? Mistakes? ect? Need to be sure of all of these things before going forward with it. :D

Side Note: This is just my curious side, but what type of 'flair' were you referring to? Curse me and my curiosity to know others thoughts and opinions!!! :o

After Thought: I did warn you the scenario would be brutal Nala.

Edited by Silenceo

In regards to the flair, the real thing always has more than the simple outline, silly! :p

As for the sith side...Gooooooood! :jawa_evil:

Any inconsistencies in that scenario that anyone sees? Out of character behaviors? Mistakes? ect? Need to be sure of all of these things before going forward with it. :D

Side Note: This is just my curious side, but what type of 'flair' were you referring to? Curse me and my curiosity to know others thoughts and opinions!!! :o

After Thought: I did warn you the scenario would be brutal Nala.

When he go full dark side and he is upset like he is now he scarier then Jahuro by miles he gets sadistic he dismembered three of his fellow acolytes while they were still alive with a training saber but if you want it will get very dark indeed I can't let Jahuro have all the fun can I (can't do links so imagine I put Palpatine laughing here)

Also do you want a list or just suggestions because I think it should be long and brutal it should come down to the last few shots flame throwers should be used grenades everything you have a armory on you use it Jareel won't go down easily it would take a few shots to take him down atleast 3 or 5 maybe more to kill him

Proposed Scenario

I ask that Rorrk remain in character. Remember while he enrages like a wookie its not normally over "a challenge" anything that is a "challenge" he welcomes and see's as a problem to be solved a puzzle and he absolutely LOVES puzzles.

What he HATES and what enrages him, is being taken lightly or being taken for a fool.

For example

in the proposed scenario he would be enjoying himself rather then enraged up until you try to trick him into the mine. Then his thoughts will be around something like this

(A Mine...... A MINE!!!!!, what kind of a fool does this machine take me for, ME who has set up traps from the fat of the land ME who can make traps invisible to sensors is going to fall for a stupid land mine!!!! GAAAAH HE'S DEAD!!!!! No one ***** me around, takes me for a fool and gets away with it.)

then I suggest leading into a better less obvious trap, one similar in respects to what Jareel may make (not Jareel's own traps even enraged not stupid) such as leading to a cliff side and then blowing the cliff landing Jareel underneath the rubble. A make shift on the fly kind of trap, while enraged will definately be the way to go.

When you find Jareel Something along the lines of

Edited by tunewalker

When he go full dark side and he is upset like he is now he scarier then Jahuro by miles he gets sadistic he dismembered three of his fellow acolytes while they were still alive with a training saber but if you want it will get very dark indeed I can't let Jahuro have all the fun can I (can't do links so imagine I put Palpatine laughing here)

Also do you want a list or just suggestions because I think it should be long and brutal it should come down to the last few shots flame throwers should be used grenades everything you have a armory on you use it Jareel won't go down easily it would take a few shots to take him down atleast 3 or 5 maybe more to kill him

Listen to this song while Reading this, Makes it so epic :

A cliff trap could work.

As for the ideas, any and all. The more information, the better.

And I will try to keep Rork in character, if you wish, I could PM it to you before posting so you can go over it to make sure first since it is his send off.

Side Note: Jaron, do remember that all that has happened, has been while Jahuro/Boran have been in GOOD moods... Now, should he ever get extremely pissed off... :jawa_evil:

Edited by Silenceo

A cliff trap could work.

As for the ideas, any and all. The more information, the better.

And I will try to keep Rork in character, if you wish, I could PM it to you before posting so you can go over it to make sure first since it is his send off.

sounds good, like I said just havent had enough time to really be paying attention to everything and I would love to play the game, but when I can maybe make like 2-3 posts a week. I dont feel I am paying it the proper attention. If it wasnt for me coming in to help manage my own characters death I doubt I would even be posting right now.

Currently working on the Scenario, it is going to be a long one. I hope you all enjoy it when it is finished! :D

Side Note: Aaaand I accidently just closed the window...Luckily I periodically had been copying what I was doing with the ctr c command... Fortunately, I only lost about 10 minutes worth of work, and I remember well enough what happened to recreate it. You can not imagine the mini-heart attack I just had... I was just about to PM it to Tune too... *sigh* (Gets back to work remaking what was lost)

After Thought: Finished it again, and PM'd it to Tune to make sure it is all accurate. In word, single spaced, it is 5 pages. Double spaced, 9. It is quite a long read, but I feel it should be good. I fear I might be wrong however.

Edited by Silenceo

Currently working on the Scenario, it is going to be a long one. I hope you all enjoy it when it is finished! :D

Side Note: Aaaand I accidently just closed the window...Luckily I periodically had been copying what I was doing with the ctr c command... Fortunately, I only lost about 10 minutes worth of work, and I remember well enough what happened to recreate it. You can not imagine the mini-heart attack I just had... I was just about to PM it to Tune too... *sigh* (Gets back to work remaking what was lost)

After Thought: Finished it again, and PM'd it to Tune to make sure it is all accurate. In word, single spaced, it is 5 pages. Double spaced, 9. It is quite a long read, but I feel it should be good. I fear I might be wrong however.

Its mostly good I made a couple small notes that should help just little edits are needed.

That's long I its going to be good

Nicce that was amazing better then thorns ny a long shoot and thron and SL battle was great but is he still alive so I can get a few words in

He likely survived the fall, but will still die from it. I estimate all of his bones are broken, multiple cuts, bleeding out, severe burns. He will not live long. Go to him.

Side Note: All feedback on such scenarios is much appreciated, both good, bad, and even neutral. It all helps improve the next scenarios. Not to mention if the characters stayed, 'in character' for the whole thing. I need all the feedback I can get on these to keep the quality up.

After Thought: With the debate over, please take the gen chat back to the main thread.

Edited by Silenceo

So I think we can assume the droid is scrap, but how much damage does 'Borans' take.

I'm going to say quite a bit. Burn damage mostly. The concussion grenades aren't going to have an effect on them because I have a feeling that they are too far out of range.

The droid stopped presumably about 10 feet, before reaching the 15 feet forward that Vashti had placed them. I assume Borans is three or four feet in-front of the droid to be able to make such easily recognizable facial gestures and certainly due to the droid handing him the imperial comm link.

The droid stopped presumably about 10 feet, before reaching the 15 feet forward that Vashti had placed them. I assume Borans is three or four feet in-front of the droid to be able to make such easily recognizable facial gestures and certainly due to the droid handing him the imperial comm link.

Actually they started out fairly far apart (10-15m) and I was under the impression that it had moved at least that far before they started conversing.

I imagined it like B4 was coming down the ridge to see if the new comer was hostile or not, armed with its grenade, that MM said B4 would likely disassemble the signal portion. Not to mention B4 likely saw Vashti plant the grenades, so likely standing away from those positions.

The way I see it, B4 traveled 20-30m down the ridge to greet Boran who was walking slowly, and once they were within 10m B4 kept backing up until Boran stopped. I estimated that went on for about 10-20m, since Boran halted due to the droid constantly putting distance between them. This is the main visual issue I am currently having.

Though Boran does not escape unscathed, do remember he has been watching for trouble during this entire encounter due to the steely pysche, and the whole, 'only one can survive' thing that Vespus stated. He had hoped to resolve it peacefully, but he was fully prepared for battle should it have come. That said, these are concussion grenades, correct?

Well their interactions point to a close proximity and the grenades would have been well placed, she has 53 years of experience prepping ambushes, this isn't going to go off of chance.

Also as far as B4 removing the signal, how does it even know of the signal detonators? she certainly wouldn't trust it with such information and wouldn't have given it the chance to tinker before she gave him the grenade, plus it's not as if he could activate it himself.

Yes concussion grenades, to knock him off his game mentally.

However would the Zakkegs be drawn to the sounds of the explosions? if so, this could get interesting.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Well their interactions point to a close proximity and the grenades would have been well placed, she has 53 years of experience prepping ambushes, this isn't going to go off of chance.

It seemed to me like B4 set the com link on a rock, and then backed away to maintain the 10m. I could be mistaken however, would be easier to clear up if MM was awake.

Also as far as B4 removing the signal, how does it even know of the signal detonators? she certainly wouldn't trust it with such information and wouldn't have given it the chance to tinker before she gave him the grenade, plus it's not as if he could activate it himself.

Well, it has worked for the Republic, for pirates, and various other groups for a combined total of 21 years, with all of its mechanical abilities preserved from the wipes. It is quite likely in all of that time it has come across signal dotonators before, and did not like the thought of sticking one inside of itself with someone it did not trust with their finger on the trigger. As for not being able to activated it... Sure it can! Game Mechanics incoming, T3-M4, had done so on a regular basis.

Yes concussion grenades, to knock him off his game mentally.

So rude, though I do not think he will take the full effect of the explosions, but still become injured mind you.

However would the Zakkegs be drawn to the sounds of the explosions? if so, this could get interesting.

It is possible, but I do not know enough about Zakkegs to decide definitively whether or not they should be in this specific area.

Vashti just loves killing everyone she meets, doesn't she? :p

Edited by Silenceo