The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2 Debate Thread, Dxun 213

Silenceo

The thing is, You can't have NO emotion, If you had none, then well, you're not really human, But anyway, I don't think humans can lose their emotions unless something Traumatic happens.

She was beaten everyday when she was for 14 years but you should do something with Taz Nal so you can meet up with Vashti and have that deathmatch

Side note: I remember asking about it but can't remember if i got a yes or not can i have Red Lighting its just a cosmetic buff doesn't make my character any stronger so i think it should be doable

Edited by Jarons

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm inclined to agree with Nala and Sil here.

If anything she might believe that she has done away with emotion, but in reality she has just put a mental block in place to protect herself from what she thinks will hurt her.

Even during the game she has had subtle showings of emotion: disdain and annoyance for example. So she still has them.

I'm inclined to agree with Nala and Sil here.

If anything she might believe that she has done away with emotion, but in reality she has just put a mental block in place to protect herself from what she thinks will hurt her.

Even during the game she has had subtle showings of emotion: disdain and annoyance for example. So she still has them.

This.

Ah so i am having something forced upon my character despite it being an integral part of her psychological profile and history that she doesn't? I see.

I also love the part where someone wrongfully calls her human and assumes Sephi are anything like their younger cousins.(Hint: They aren't.)

But no worries next round I will force something on other characters and gauge the reaction there as well.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Ah so i am having something forced upon my character despite it being an integral part of her psychological profile and history that she doesn't? I see.

I also love the part where someone wrongfully calls her human and assumes Sephi are anything like their younger cousins.(Hint: They aren't.)

But no worries next round I will force something on other characters and gauge the reaction there as well.

That was uncalled for, I just forgot she was a Sephi.

Also, i don't think anyone would allow you to have any type of power with an attitude like that :/

Sidenote : Can you Explain how she can't have any emotion whatsoever?

Edited by Nalathemaster

If Taz was suddenly decided to be a terrible shot, would you agree?

I wasn't being serious.

Sephi naturally lack as much emotion as other races do, they gain more and more emotion the more they are mixed in with human or near-human species, Vashti does not share this trait.

So right away you already have someone whom biologically lacks the emotional level of other species. Add on top of that having what emotions remained beaten out of her for fourteen years. Add five decades of Mandalorian training, doctrine and out-right brain-washing and you have an emotionless killer.

This isn't hard to understand.

Edited by LadyKulvax

If Taz was suddenly decided to be a terrible shot, would you agree?

I wasn't being serious.

Sephi naturally lack as much emotion as other races do, they gain more and more emotion the more they are mixed in with human or near-human species, Vashti does not share this trait.

So right away you already have someone whom biologically lacks the emotional level of other species. Add on top of that having what emotions remained beaten out of her for fourteen years. Add five decades of Mandalorian training, doctrine and out-right brain-washing and you have an emotionless killer.

This isn't hard to understand.

Thank you for giving me a straight answer and not raging at me.

Bah, can't seem to find the exact quote, so I guess I will have to trust what you say concerning the Sephi, since I know little of them.

It is not like I am saying, *She was petrified with fear* I am saying that as a biological being, she has the capacity, albeit much smaller than most, to feel fear. Fear was an instinct that was pretty darn important for survival.

Though, I just thought I would mention the rumors concerning a younger sister as well as a daughter within the clan. *shifty eyes*

*sigh* Such a big argument, over something that wouldn't even have a major effect on the event... *shakes head*

Note to self, learn to be less stubborn on forums...

Edited by Silenceo

Bah, can't seem to find the exact quote, so I guess I will have to trust what you say concerning the Sephi, since I know little of them.

It is not like I am saying, *She was petrified with fear* I am saying that as a biological being, she has the capacity, albeit much smaller than most, to feel fear. Fear was an instinct that was pretty darn important for survival.

Though, I just thought I would mention the rumors concerning a younger sister as well as a daughter within the clan. *shifty eyes*

*sigh* Such a big argument, over something that wouldn't even have a major effect on the event... *shakes head*

Note to self, learn to be less stubborn on forums...

I know but it does have a major effect on her character as is, if she could feel emotion even in the slightest then her conscience would have drove her insane long ago. Simply put the logic would go straight out of the window otherwise.

Those rumors were going to lead to something, in fact I was going to do a little short story with every one of the character updates for her. But after the last match, I am being a lot more wary. I have no intention of being public enemy number one again simply because I want some character development.

Well...technically she's a Sephi-human hybrid according to her character sheet. :p

I know but it does have a major effect on her character as is, if she could feel emotion even in the slightest then her conscience would have drove her insane long ago. Simply put the logic would go straight out of the window otherwise.

Those rumors were going to lead to something, in fact I was going to do a little short story with every one of the character updates for her. But after the last match, I am being a lot more wary. I have no intention of being public enemy number one again simply because I want some character development.

I have to say one more thing about her having no emotions again i don't thinking no living creature can cut off their emotions i think she can have a high threshold for ignoring them like when people say the have a high threshold for pain there just ignoring the pain they can still feel it but they just doesn't notice till they reach their breaking point so with enough fear i think it will shock the system and reboot it or kill you from to much fear

Also no one is trying to make you Public Enemy number 1 at all i like what you tried to do last round it made sense if you thought about it her father were trying to use essence transfer into her body like he did with another one of your family member but the problem was you give her warrior skills when she was originally a sorceress so i think that what made a lot of players upset but i say no one is trying to stop you from crafting some kind of character development am planning on doing it a little later in the round

I have to say one more thing about her having no emotions again i don't thinking no living creature can cut off their emotions i think she can have a high threshold for ignoring them like when people say the have a high threshold for pain there just ignoring the pain they can still feel it but they just doesn't notice till they reach their breaking point so with enough fear i think it will shock the system and reboot it or kill you from to much fear

Also no one is trying to make you Public Enemy number 1 at all i like what you tried to do last round it made sense if you thought about it her father were trying to use essence transfer into her body like he did with another one of your family member but the problem was you give her warrior skills when she was originally a sorceress so i think that what made a lot of players upset but i say no one is trying to stop you from crafting some kind of character development am planning on doing it a little later in the round

This. I wan't trying to be offensive, I know nothing about Sehpi, and It was late at night.

Yes they can, if you think otherwise you need to catch up on more species and lore in general.

I am going to be working on that scenario today, my goal is to have it finished before I go to sleep tonight. Everyone who wishes to continue playing, must interact with their character within 48 hours of the scenarios posting, otherwise I will orchestrate their characters death so that we have less loose ends.

Once this gets out of the way, I hope that we can continue on with the game, and that my school work doesn't stop me from progressing it this badly the next time a conflict arises.

Side Note: Placeholder Scenario strikes again!

After Thought: Wow, when you actually start with the details, some things come out that just don't seem possible... No spoilers, and I will run it by LK before I post it of course, but I actually am not 100% this will end in a Fatality.

Edited by Silenceo

I am going to be working on that scenario today, my goal is to have it finished before I go to sleep tonight. Everyone who wishes to continue playing, must interact with their character within 48 hours of the scenarios posting, otherwise I will orchestrate their characters death so that we have less loose ends.

Once this gets out of the way, I hope that we can continue on with the game, and that my school work doesn't stop me from progressing it this badly the next time a conflict arises.

Side Note: Placeholder Scenario strikes again!

After Thought: Wow, when you actually start with the details, some things come out that just don't seem possible... No spoilers, and I will run it by LK before I post it of course, but I actually am not 100% this will end in a Fatality.

What the whole Vashti v Jahuro? With no fatality? I was of that opinion all along.

What the whole Vashti v Jahuro? With no fatality? I was of that opinion all along.

No not that piece. I figured they would both walk away in one form or another, with a few ways for one of them to die that we have gone over a lot. However, I was pointing to something else. Incoming PM so no spoilers, if LK approves it.

Side Note: Scenario is completed, just waiting on LK to approve or rectify a few details and it will be good to go. :D It is not quite as epic as I had thought it would be, nor as exciting. (Sorry guys...) The length was already starting to reach questionable levels for such a scene, but it does serve a few good purposes you guys will see when it is posted. The storm also had a major factor to play in that.

Edited by Silenceo