Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Level 55 Armor

Patroller

I have a lvl 40 almost lvl 41 Sith Warrior and was starting to prep my lvl 55 gear. I know what armor i want, but was curious,what is the easiest way to get mods/ench's/armoring with a rating of 180? I was also wondering if it is even worth spending time getting 180 mods with the new expansion coming out?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Through passion, i gain strength; through strength, i gain power; through power i gain victory; through victory, my chains are broken. I am one with the force :sy_darkside:

Edited by Patroller

It's probably not worth it to grind, but it's worth it just to get in the game.

1) Double-check that you really want to get the best gear for *this* class. For example, I started grinding for my Mara, and then found out that I really preferred sniper, and even better, a healing operative. So I'd like to get cunning stuff now, and not str. :)

2) Get a legacy suit for level 55. Choose a nice one, the one that fits your character. (Personally, I've got my eye on the Gree legacy suit for the Champion rating, but Makeb Imperial suit for the Champion is good for BH/Troopers, and Nar Shaddaa Event legacy suit is pretty good, too).

3) When you got some money and level 55, spend your money on purple augments for this suit. It's legacy-bound, so it's worth it.

4) Be sure to get a 180 hilt/barrel if you're a DPS. This is pretty much essential.

5) Oricon weekly, tactical flashpoints and Makeb weekly all give you nice elite comms for 168 gear; hard mode flashpoints and story mode ops give you comms for 180 gear. If you're not shy like me, just enter pugs on the fleet, join GF, and you'll be geared faster than you know. Even faster if you're doing ops with multiple toons, because of the weekly ultimate limit.

6) I wouldn't recommend buying 180 mods off GTN. With December not far away and the level cap coming up, chances are those elite-ultimate comms will start dropping like candy next year.

Okay, thank you. Do you know when the next level cap will come and what will the new gear rating be? Also, I know how to get a full of WZ gear with minimal effort. Would i be okay having a gear rating of 158 for the new update? I would of coarse mod the gear over time, but encase i ran out of time, would i be okay?

Of course you'll be okay - most players haven't even got Oricon gear yet, and a Makeb boost is coming in the next patch, so they'll probably be practically giving out 156-162 gear for all we know. Next level cap will come with 3.0, everyone talks about December, no other info(armor ratings, exact date, new level cap) is given, but there'll certainly be a level cap raise, it's most certainly a Makeb-like expansion.

And now the new manaan flashpoint that is coming in 2.9 also yes. Not sure yet what direction this story is taking but that's the gist of what 3.0 is supposed to be about.

Also try not to listen to any naysayers too much about content etc. if they pop up. Many people thought GSh was a waste of time and look at all the content we are getting with guild strongholds, flagships and this whole conquest business. 2.9 is a much larger update than just housing as many people thought ( AND a new flashpoint too boot! ).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.