Companions for Sniper

Alekerro

Hello folks!

Got a questions a bit:

1) Well what companion is better for sniper? I mean tanking one (like kaliyo). Best survival abilities and aggro ofc.

2) Is Treek useful till 50 lvl? Should i take her as my tank companion?

Because there too many melee\ranged tank companions so im a little lost ><

Thanks!

Edited by Alekerro

So if i even take Treek, she can get me without any problems to cap?

Using the two Sniper Tank companions, I was able to complete the Imperial Agent class story. I'm an okay player. Definitely not a shining example of RDPS greatness, lol, but I can hold my own as an RDPS and get the job done.

With my ranged DPS characters, I prefer to play with Tank companions.

With solo PVE play, use whichever companion increases your fun when playing.

If you intend to do grouped content, where knowing how to play your character's role is vital (be it ranged or melee DPS, Tank, or Healer), be sure to practice fighting as that role. In solo PVE, a player using a RDPS character with a Healer companion might use fighting rotations and strategies that are not what's needed from a RDPS in a group.

I obtained Treek after completing all the class stories, and she is now the only companion I fight with. I equip Treek as a Tank, although a few times I've switched her to the healing stance in a pinch (couldn't get a Healer for a +4 Heroic).

In general, no companion -- not even Treek -- trumps a player's skill.

I'm not implying anything about your skill level with that statement, Alekerro. :)

Edited by Nmyownworld

Using the two Sniper Tank companions, I was able to complete the Imperial Agent class story. I'm an okay player. Definitely not a shining example of RDPS greatness, lol, but I can hold my own as an RDPS and get the job done.

With my ranged DPS characters, I prefer to play with Tank companions.

With solo PVE play, use whichever companion increases your fun when playing.

If you intend to do grouped content, where knowing how to play your character's role is vital (be it ranged or melee DPS, Tank, or Healer), be sure to practice fighting as that role. In solo PVE, a player using a RDPS character with a Healer companion might use fighting rotations and strategies that are not what's needed from a RDPS in a group.

I obtained Treek after completing all the class stories, and she is now the only companion I fight with. I equip Treek as a Tank, although a few times I've switched her to the healing stance in a pinch (couldn't get a Healer for a +4 Heroic).

In general, no companion -- not even Treek -- trumps a player's skill.

I'm not implying anything about your skill level with that statement, Alekerro. :)

Yeah i understood))

Thanks everyone! Im takin Treek xD

I used Dr. Lokin all the way to 55. Sniper has good defense and Dr. Lokin just takes a back seat and heals any damage you take. Really easy combo to play through with. I also feel that Lokin is the strongest Healer companion. I know they are most likely all equal, but for some reason he just seems better :\

For some reason, I don't like having the enemy in my face while playing PVE. So, I use Kaliyo as my tank and have her jump to the mobs as I tear them up with my sniper rifle. Once I realized you can unlock Treek in collections for all characters for free (after Cartel Coin collections unlock) I use Treek. She can jump in, take damage, her fighting skills are great, plus she still heals you a but in the Tank stance too.

Treek is numero uno for me, then Kaliyo.

I wanted to use Kaliyo on missions so I ran with a ship droid for a while. Then I unlocked Treek. If Vector is all he is supposed to be (ladies seem to vote him the best romance) I will run with Vector unless I like another companion more. I normally like to run with a companion that I really really love rather than the most efficient one. I'd rather over-gear and go slow... even though, yes, I had a brief period with a Gunslinger when I swapped for Treek. But some L2P helped the matters. :)

If you ask me, everyone is useful except the Healer. Idk about RDPS + Healer combo. It sounds kinda...wrong. I mean it is ok, but requires WAY more skill than other comps(tanks especially).

Leveled my gunslinger back before Treek came around using my ship droid. He does no damage to speak of, but he pulls lots of agro and heals himself.

I rarely had to stop between fights to self heal.

Other companions require stopping between almost ever fight. Even Treek, if in tank stance, forces you to pause frequently, and in healing stance draws little agro.

Btw, rocket boost/speeder helps immensely for tank companions: if you don't need to heal yourself after the fight, but your companion does, just use rocket boost/speeder - next time your companion comes out, they'll be at full health.

I prefer Treek in her tanking stance for sniper and pretty much everyone. I remember experiencing troubles when I switched from Kaliyo to Vector. Lokin's good, but you'll be drawing aggro with him, which is bad - enemies at melee range are way too annoying. I'd say use Kaliyo->Scorpio, if you don't have Treek, and use Treek on all missions + your favorite companion on class missions otherwise.

Edited by Kulyok

I used Dr. Lokin all the way to 55. Sniper has good defense and Dr. Lokin just takes a back seat and heals any damage you take. Really easy combo to play through with. I also feel that Lokin is the strongest Healer companion. I know they are most likely all equal, but for some reason he just seems better :\

I also used Lokin until I dinged 55, by which time I had half-decent gear for the others. If I wanna burn em down quick, I use Ensign Temple, but I usually flit between Kalyio and scorpio now.