The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaron, if you are heading towards Alderick and Elsia, they were North West of your position, not North East. Though, when again did he detect Jahuro? Just curious, because if it was only recently that wouldn't work because of Art of Small. If it was earlier then sorry for the inconvenience. Or was he referring to someone else?

Jaron, if you are heading towards Alderick and Elsia, they were North West of your position, not North East. Though, when again did he detect Jahuro? Just curious, because if it was only recently that wouldn't work because of Art of Small. If it was earlier then sorry for the inconvenience. Or was he referring to someone else?

My bad I could swear it was northeast thank you il fix it now but he did it on the first day after Tune built the shelter and I was keeping watch this was before you did it or asked about what wil happen if you did he sense while he was meditating but he did not look to see where you were just looking for other people on the planet force sensitive are easier to sense he sensed you but he could feel the corruption and insanity in you so he did not look for you or look in your mind so he assume your dangerous but he felt a feint singnal so to speak sense Alderick he couldn't find him but he fpund his general location he thinks its a child with no training that why its so weal he can't sense you now because of art of small but he know you are here

Still 94% fuel? I am a little hesitant of that considering the distance that would have been crossed to make the soldiers shot take out a ridge above them.

It is likely inaccurate, but the wiki says that most jetpacks have enough fuel for 20 or so jumps that last 3 seconds each, or one minute of continuous flight, so if we were to go by that amount, Vishti's would at most be at 85%. It very likely is much less, likely less than 20%.

"The fuel tank held enough fuel for one minute of continuous operation (20 three-second blasts). Each three-second blast moved the wearer up to 100 meters horizontally or 70 meters vertically. A user of standard height and weight could reach a top speed of 145 kilometers per hour with a maximum range of two kilometers. Directional thrusters featured gyro-stabilizers to apply counterthrust for maneuvering and landing. "

If you wish to provide evidence to support it, I await it. I am merely trying to maintain balance and make sense of so much fuel being left. Granted, it was used much more liberally by Taz who only has 25% left. (Constant use as well as using some of the fuel to use his flame thrower can do that)

I merely wish for a quick explanation. No hostility intended. (Then again, when DO I wish hostility? :p )

Side Note: Where did she hear them mention 'Torval'? I merely ask because I haven't seen the mandalorians respond much if at all to Torval, and they likely would call him merely, 'Sir'. I am sure there is a reason for it, and I will feel silly for not noticing it, but I must ask none the less. As for Rork/Jaron, I expect there to be difficulties as you travel. I had thought another narrator would give Jahuro difficulties as he wandered, but apparently not...

After Thought: Do remember comms are being jammed that would go beyond the hunt zone. Only those from the mandalorians can give an out going signal even *as demonstrated with Vishti's equipment* but even they will not be able to go beyond atmosphere, due to their strength if nothing else. Of course, Alderick does not know this, just thought I would mention it so the post with the attempt doesn't have him having a conversation with a secretary on one of the ships. :p

Question: So, was B4 buried and need digging out and Vishti ditched him, or did he evade the avalanche is again following behind the mandalorian?

Edited by Silenceo

After Thought: Do remember comms are being jammed that would go beyond the hunt zone. Only those from the mandalorians can give an out going signal even *as demonstrated with Vishti's equipment* but even they will not be able to go beyond atmosphere, due to their strength if nothing else. Of course, Alderick does not know this, just thought I would mention it so the post with the attempt doesn't have him having a conversation with a secretary on one of the ships. :p

Well, Alderick and Elsia both have a Mandalorian comlink thanks to the two that wandered into our outpost :p But don't worry, wasn't planning to try to contact the ship yet. Alderick will simply assume he needs better com equipment, or at least something to boost the signal of the comlink, before he tries to contact the ship in orbit. (Remember, he is a soldier, he'll probably assume that Sith hunting them would order comms jammed)

Side Note: Where did she hear them mention 'Torval'? I merely ask because I haven't seen the mandalorians respond much if at all to Torval, and they likely would call him merely, 'Sir'. I am sure there is a reason for it, and I will feel silly for not noticing it, but I must ask none the less. As for Rork/Jaron, I expect there to be difficulties as you travel. I had thought another narrator would give Jahuro difficulties as he wandered, but apparently not...

Question: So, was B4 buried and need digging out and Vishti ditched him, or did he evade the avalanche is again following behind the mandalorian?

There will be a couple of sprain ankles a broken bone or two all the works also I'll ask can we get a few mandalorians tracking us or a pack of maalraas attackinb us but I aave one and rise him as my own pet or something alomg those lines and I think Jahuro need some stuff written but you scaring most of the animals away so ther not alot that can w e written

Also what did happen to B4 is the little guy ok

There will be a couple of sprain ankles a broken bone or two all the works also I'll ask can we get a few mandalorians tracking us or a pack of maalraas attackinb us but I aave one and rise him as my own pet or something alomg those lines and I think Jahuro need some stuff written but you scaring most of the animals away so ther not alot that can w e written

Also what did happen to B4 is the little guy ok

I leave the dispensing of Mandalorians mostly to Karadron, he likely knows how they operate much better than I. As for the maalraas, it is extremely unlikely that any adolescents would be hunting meaning none could be raised as a pet. Though, I caution you regarding wishing them to hunt you, they were extremely dangerous, even for jedi/sith, not to mention tough and elusive. Though it wouldn't be out of the question for me to set a pack of them after you.

As for scaring the animals away, they are not as entertaining as the squirrels! Those Jahuro does not scare away, he and his squirrely friends have had many debates these last few days as he traveled through their forest, the likes of which you would never believe! :p Matter of fact... *Idea for next scene while Jahuro travels.*

I leave the dispensing of Mandalorians mostly to Karadron, he likely knows how they operate much better than I. As for the maalraas, it is extremely unlikely that any adolescents would be hunting meaning none could be raised as a pet. Though, I caution you regarding wishing them to hunt you, they were extremely dangerous, even for jedi/sith, not to mention tough and elusive. Though it wouldn't be out of the question for me to set a pack of them after you.

As for scaring the animals away, they are not as entertaining as the squirrels! Those Jahuro does not scare away, he and his squirrely friends have had many debates these last few days as he traveled through their forest, the likes of which you would never believe! :p Matter of fact... *Idea for next scene while Jahuro travels.*

Well okay ill wait for Karadron send some after me or not well I asumed there like wolves there quite similar in the way they act and hunt but you can domesticate a adult wolf its hard as hell I'll admit buts it is do able but your right they are difficult totake down but the challenge half the fun but k don't wish for them to hunt me but I don't want the story to be uninteresting

Well okay ill wait for Karadron send some after me or not well I asumed there like wolves there quite similar in the way they act and hunt but you can domesticate a adult wolf its hard as hell I'll admit buts it is do able but your right they are difficult totake down but the challenge half the fun but k don't wish for them to hunt me but I don't want the story to be uninteresting

"It is always calmest before the storm..."

Side Note: I warning to all, I intend to make tomorrow very...active... I hope it is not impeded by participant inactivity.

Edited by Silenceo

Lol that's the truth but wait why your character not heading towards the mandalorian that was released into the forest

Do you mean the Soldier that escaped Vishti earlier? If so, he is dead. As for the Mandalorian squad, their mortar tipped Jahuro off to their location and he is indeed making his way towards them.

Do you mean the Soldier that escaped Vishti earlier? If so, he is dead. As for the Mandalorian squad, their mortar tipped Jahuro off to their location and he is indeed making his way towards them.

No the one karadron and Darksaber released

The rock avalanche took place at the position of the Mandalorians. B4 was the max range of a mortar away from them. The droid was nowhere near the danger. The only thing that hit him were the rocks that also rained down on Vashti after the first Mortar shot (as described in Karadrons first post about the mortar)

I was surprised about the 94% as well. I expected it to be much less, especially given the height and distance that happened in the mortar-confrontation.

Edit: However, it's fair to say that Vashti ditched B4. It won't be able to catch up unless Vashti is stopped by someone (and I have an idea when this will happen).

Edited by Mathemagica

Still 94% fuel? I am a little hesitant of that considering the distance that would have been crossed to make the soldiers shot take out a ridge above them.

It is likely inaccurate, but the wiki says that most jetpacks have enough fuel for 20 or so jumps that last 3 seconds each, or one minute of continuous flight, so if we were to go by that amount, Vishti's would at most be at 85%. It very likely is much less, likely less than 20%.

"The fuel tank held enough fuel for one minute of continuous operation (20 three-second blasts). Each three-second blast moved the wearer up to 100 meters horizontally or 70 meters vertically. A user of standard height and weight could reach a top speed of 145 kilometers per hour with a maximum range of two kilometers. Directional thrusters featured gyro-stabilizers to apply counterthrust for maneuvering and landing. "

If you wish to provide evidence to support it, I await it. I am merely trying to maintain balance and make sense of so much fuel being left. Granted, it was used much more liberally by Taz who only has 25% left. (Constant use as well as using some of the fuel to use his flame thrower can do that)

I merely wish for a quick explanation. No hostility intended. (Then again, when DO I wish hostility? :p )

The jetpacks you refer to contained missile launchers and left far less room for fuel.

The SWTOR:E shows us that the jetpacks of this time could keep being used regularly for a few days, practicalities of warfare I presume.

Her mission is to kill every Mandalorian on yhe planet, she knows who they are and what they look like, Torval, Taz and the NPCs are her execution list, simple as that.

Edit: However, it's fair to say that Vashti ditched B4. It won't be able to catch up unless Vashti is stopped by someone (and I have an idea when this will happen).

She went back the way she came, meaning picking up B4 would be easy.

Edited by LadyKulvax

She went back the way she came, meaning picking up B4 would be easy.

Oh, well in that case it depends whether she waited for B4 doing the operation with the Mandalorian. If so, I'll have to edit my post slightly to indicate that the distance between them isn't as large as I described.

Found an issue with B4's last action. He would not have found any bodies in the rockslide. They managed to escape it.

Copied narration:

His troops had barely escaped the rockslide, a couple of scrapes here and there, but nothing serious. They had run their targets jetpack’s fuel down quite a bit, and now it was time to enact the next phase of the plan.