The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that pod has an HD monitor and gets over 9,000 different stations! :D

Yeah but it is 8,998 Imperial propaganda channels, a Bith version of MTV, and channel for reruns of old holovids dubbed in Shyriiwook.

Edit: and there is like, 1 pixel out on the TV dude. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT'S LIKE!?!?!

I mean, once you notice it... *curls into the fetal position*

Edited by StarSquirrel

Yeah but it is 8,998 Imperial propaganda channels, a Bith version of MTV, and channel for reruns of old holovids dubbed in Shyriiwook.

Edit: and there is like, 1 pixel out on the TV dude. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT'S LIKE!?!?!

I mean, once you notice it... *curls into the fetal position*

I am sure Havoc would enjoy it still. :p

As for the one Pixel...you do not even know... Remember the Orange Pixel? R.I.P.

I am unsure if I tread on toes there but I hope it was enjoyable.

Was just thinking that same thing. Technically it isn't stated if they died... So I will have to think it over before saying either way. Though, I was a little confused when Vishti flew to a higher point, wasn't she already at the highest vantage point? Also, wouldn't their weapons have not become out of range, with only a change of 20 ft? Not to mention it was hinted at that the squad had a sniper of their own.

I also doubt that they are exactly green horns due to Torval's previous statements concerning them which leads me to believe they are unlikely to try and shoot an air born target down with a Mortar, instead falling back on their more conventional weaponry. Though, are they not 3 miles apart? That is the part I am having the hardest part wrapping this scenario around.

The other parts sound good, otherwise an enjoyable scene.

No she was taking cover on a ridge side and given the first description of this immediate terrain I imagined the ravine was rather deep, she was about half way up at first, and they were presumably at the other end, she jetpacked to the top and made it out after the first erstwhile mortar shot, then took advantage of her terrain.

Plus Torval is no longer giving any orders and letting them do as they will, they are not greenhorns no but they are hardly the best and have been told to pump out mortar shots, it was not one shot that brought down her side of the cavern, it was the sequence of shots that did it.

They may yet be alive but she isn't sticking around to find out.

No she was taking cover on a ridge side and given the first description of this immediate terrain I imagined the ravine was rather deep, she was about half way up at first, and they were presumably at the other end, she jetpacked to the top and made it out after the first erstwhile mortar shot, then took advantage of her terrain.

Plus Torval is no longer giving any orders and letting them do as they will, they are not greenhorns no but they are hardly the best and have been told to pump out mortar shots, it was not one shot that brought down her side of the cavern, it was the sequence of shots that did it.

They may yet be alive but she isn't sticking around to find out.

...Poor B4... Wait...is this the same Ravine that Jahuro started in?

Ah B4, I imagine he just followed her, as he always seems to do, I doubt he just sat down there.

No idea, you would have to ask your assistant.

I have a feeling it is...and if it is... Well...read Jahuro's last post for his location... Fire works such as these are loud and obvious... On the upside, those soldiers were not NEARLY as scared as the previous ones so chances of him detecting out of sight are way down. But if it is the same ravine... Where is Karadron? Need to ask him about this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lQMyfbDo7Ow#t=64

Side Note: Oh I figured B4 managed to make it as well, just imagining him evading falling cliff sides is... Well, his paint might have taken a beating. :p Vishti and her want for destruction! :rolleyes:

Edited by Silenceo

Moved things forward a little more for my group, our Mandalorian is now awake. Will let someone else handle narrating the interrogation :D

Alderick intends to get the information he wants, he doesn't enjoy being on Dxun, and since he considers the information vital to protecting his companion Elsia as well, he'll be fairly...insistent on getting answers.

And the Mandalorian prisoner won't enjoy his fate at all if he decides not to help. (That thing Alderick mentioned about a dishonorable death wasn't really an idle threat)

...Poor B4... Wait...is this the same Ravine that Jahuro started in?

After reading LK's post, I'm somewhat confused. Which part of the ridge collapsed? The part above the Mandalorians or the part where LK was originally trying to set up a shot?

In the first case, B4 is quite fine, though it didn't follow Vashti up the ridge. The droid is still roughly where it was when the first explosion happend (the one that cut our way back off).

In the second case, B4 would now be right in the path of a rock avalanche. I don't think that this would be too dangerous for it. It can just hide in a niche at the ridge and work its way out of the rock-tomb with its saw and such, but it would definitely take time.

Also: The enemies had a Sniper, so I doubt that the mortar would have been the only thing firing at Vashti. While their sniper might not be such a good shot as Vashti, he might manage a grazing shot.

The rocks probably aren't falling into Jahuro's ravine. If you read my description of the landscape earlier in the IC thread, you'll see that B4 and Vashti are on the northern ridge of the western of two mountains. I figured that Jahuro's ravine would be the one between the two mountains.

I'd guess that Jahuro is currently climbing the eastern ridge of the mountain B-team is on. Since he found the fleeing soldier there and Vashti went into the opposite direction from the soldier, B-team is currently heading westwards, away from everyone else.

Edited by Mathemagica

I have a feeling it is...and if it is... Well...read Jahuro's last post for his location... Fire works such as these are loud and obvious... On the upside, those soldiers were not NEARLY as scared as the previous ones so chances of him detecting out of sight are way down. But if it is the same ravine... Where is Karadron? Need to ask him about this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lQMyfbDo7Ow#t=64

Side Note: Oh I figured B4 managed to make it as well, just imagining him evading falling cliff sides is... Well, his paint might have taken a beating. :p Vishti and her want for destruction! :rolleyes:

OK . Overall I didn't have a problem with it, but the only reason they fire the mortar was to bring the BB in closer.

The two men behind the largest rock set up their surprise: a mortar. It had just enough range to land the shots they needed, and their goal was to make her come closer.

With her moving towards them, they would not use it. But even if they did, and it caused a rockslide they would more than likely escape in one piece. After all this was a distraction to make sure her jetpack fuel would be depleted when she reaches Point B. Also that second rockslide would mean that B4 would need assistance to get move forward...rocks behind and rocks in front.

And Torval would only accept the best. He's a very picky man.

Sil...that first explosion would definitely have gotten Jahuro's attention. :jawa_evil:

With her moving towards them, they would not use it. But even if they did, and it caused a rockslide they would more than likely escape in one piece. After all this was a distraction to make sure her jetpack fuel would be depleted when she reaches Point B. Also that second rockslide would mean that B4 would need assistance to get move forward...rocks behind and rocks in front.

That's what the grapple hook is for. Unless the ridge is very smooth. In that case, the droid can't climb the ridge, but it should be able to climb the rubble in front of it, because there it should find enough places to place itself to get past it with use of the grapple hook.

Sil...that first explosion would definitely have gotten Jahuro's attention. :jawa_evil:

Alright, does anyone have any objections to me starting my next post with the soldier dead from...Jahuro's mental fun... and him hearing great booms in the distance, aka mortar fire. Likely drawing is attention, leading him to meditate and sense the presence of so many? Proximity is what would allow him to detect them, not fear.

Edited by Silenceo

It seems like the most plausible of actions, agreed.

Also, still working on Zaerys' next move, I just think she throws a lot more pain out than Karadron, so she'd be more end game.

Just know that I am reading every post in both threads :p

It seems like the most plausible of actions, agreed.

Also, still working on Zaerys' next move, I just think she throws a lot more pain out than Karadron, so she'd be more end game.

Just know that I am reading every post in both threads :p

Seems to me like Karadron is Sustained Dps, whereas Zaerys is Burst Dps. :p

Though, we need Alderick's interrogation scene narrated, and I am no good at that.

Side Note: Going to write Jahuro's next post soon since it seems that people agree with the action. Just wanted to make sure it didn't seem too... Odd... for him to detect those mandalorians.

Edited by Silenceo

Seems to me like Karadron is Sustained Dps, whereas Zaerys is Burst Dps. :p

Though, we need Alderick's interrogation scene narrated, and I am no good at that.

Hmmm, I could do it, I guess, Unless Karadron wants it?

I'm easy.... but I might get a little more gruesome than most :p

Hmmm, I could do it, I guess, Unless Karadron wants it?

I'm easy.... but I might get a little more gruesome than most :p

It is an interrogation. Go nuts. :D Just...try and keep with Alderick's character.

Side Note: About time they left that pod...

It is an interrogation. Go nuts. :D Just...try and keep with Alderick's character.

Side Note: About time they left that pod...

I will, I was thinking a more psychological interrogation scene.

What kind of Info will this Mandalorian be giving up though?

I will, I was thinking a more psychological interrogation scene.

What kind of Info will this Mandalorian be giving up though?

Nothing too vital, perhaps mission generalities. Perhaps small details about Torval, perhaps why Vespus has them all here on a hunt. Information that won't give them much of an advantage, but that will allow them to at least know what they are dealing with. Beyond that, feel free to fill in the gaps.