The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

Can I get a little more info on the Mandalorians my group has to deal with? I think I have a solution worked out, just want to make sure I understand the situation a bit more first.

Is it just the Mandalorian officer, or are there additional Mandalorians with him?

What kind of affiliation do the Mandalorians have?

Can I safely assume Alderick hasn't sensed any imminent danger, since it wasn't mentioned in the narration? (very important to know)

No imminent danger, because it all depends on what you do....

Just an officer, good combatant but would be taken by surprise.

Mando's in general are Imperial supporters, but these might not be, being on Dxun. I'm not saying either way, because your characters wouldn't know :p

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mando's in general are Imperial supporters, but these might not be, being on Dxun. I'm not saying either way, because your characters wouldn't know :p

Only Clan Ordo and Clan (I don't remember) switched sides, beyond that they all bow to Mandalore.

So I assume my part is being handled by Selenial, no matter which way this goes it would be fun. If the Imperials start shooting then they just gave her a reason, if they actually talk then this could get a lot more interesting and our Sith Lady here will learn quite a bit.

Actually, this all depends on you.

Obviously I doubt that the Imperials could even wound you, but whatever you say will lead to Zaerys' decisions on you, and how your relations with the imperials go.

Well, it seems a little silly to simply state outright "I'm an Imperial!" to someone that may decide that's grounds to shoot me :p

And if no imminent danger, then I think a combination approach should work. No reason not to talk first, when my group needs more information/etc. And Alderick's precognition is good enough to warn him if the conversation is about to turn violent. (And no reason for Elsia not to remain hidden to ambush him should he decide he doesn't like Alderick :D )

Any issues with taking that approach? If not I'll post it, then let one of the narrators decide how it plays out.

Silenceo because of rule 20 can we write us killing the Cannok or do we habe to debate the outcome

If they were small Cannoks I would have you write it. However, these are Large Cannoks which are quite a bit deadlier. While Cannoks are typically lower on the food chain than the other predators, when Cannoks get larger, they often are able to fend off the predators much better.

For example, Tough/Large Cannoks are known to fend off maalraas.

Well, it seems a little silly to simply state outright "I'm an Imperial!" to someone that may decide that's grounds to shoot me :p

And if no imminent danger, then I think a combination approach should work. No reason not to talk first, when my group needs more information/etc. And Alderick's precognition is good enough to warn him if the conversation is about to turn violent. (And no reason for Elsia not to remain hidden to ambush him should he decide he doesn't like Alderick :D )

Any issues with taking that approach? If not I'll post it, then let one of the narrators decide how it plays out.

Seems like a plan.

If they were small Cannoks I would have you write it. However, these are Large Cannoks which are quite a bit deadlier. While Cannoks are typically lower on the food chain than the other predators, when Cannoks get larger, they often are able to fend off the predators much better.

The Risk isn't just the beasts, it's how you kill them.

There's only like 2 or 3 there, killing one or two would scare off any more, but what they digest doesn't always get destroyed, so shooting the things could cause any ammunition that was possible consumed to explode.

Ok so how you want to do it also how many are there that was never stated I was thinking 4 or 5 was that a accurate assumption but am sure me and tune are strong enough to kill them easily I can cut 2 in half myself with tune shooting the other 2 plus there not that strong the mandalorian saw them as pest so they would punished you by clearing out a herd as a punishment so am pretty sure we can kill them without being hurt

Ok so how you want to do it also how many are there that was never stated I was thinking 4 or 5 was that a accurate assumption but am sure me and tune are strong enough to kill them easily I can cut 2 in half myself with tune shooting the other 2 plus there not that strong the mandalorian saw them as pest so they would punished you by clearing out a herd as a punishment so am pretty sure we can kill them without being hurt

True, but the larger ones are...how do I put this...better at getting what they wish into their jaws.

Regular Cannok = rodent. Large/Tough Cannoks = legitimate threat. Think like as if it is a small pack of particularly large and muscular wolves.

All you said was that Karadron posted last nights, can I do today's...

In my mind, that meant Karadron did it during the night and mine was during the day, it was like 14 hours after his :p

Meh, I'm actually glad about the time. That way I actually manage to post before I go to sleep.

Exile, the Mandalorian would turn violent, but seeing as I already think you'd win, I'll allow you to narrate the fight :p

On his corpse you'll find a com link, which you can use to contact Mandalorians as a way off world, or disregard in case it can be tracked.

True, but the larger ones are...how do I put this...better at getting what they wish into their jaws.

Regular Cannok = rodent. Large/Tough Cannoks = legitimate threat. Think like as if it is a small pack of particularly large and muscular wolves.

Well selenial said there are 2 or 3 even with them being large Cannoks they still not that much of a threat also there not paying attention to me there eating with force speed I should be able to get up close to them and cut down 2 before the thrid has time to react with tune slicing it head off

Also if there nothing like wolves if they were all I have to do is kill the alpha and the rest will leave me alone plus ill be way more scared of a pack of large muscular wolfs I'll crapmy pants but large Cannoks are not scary

Edited by Jarons

Did I not say this next round would be harder? As for that Taz, regardless of his standing, it will not work. Karadron can explain why if you wish. Torval might want a word...What are you talking about here? Oh, and yes it would be godmodding to make yourself Mandalore without going through the usual Mandalorian traditions. Regular folk, remember? Average strength levels.Just wondering

Responses in red Edited by Nalathemaster

Exile, the Mandalorian would turn violent, but seeing as I already think you'd win, I'll allow you to narrate the fight :p

On his corpse you'll find a com link, which you can use to contact Mandalorians as a way off world, or disregard in case it can be tracked.

Ok, I'll work on a narration for the fight. And we get loot after the fight, awesome :D