The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I just need to ask before I go farther... Is Boran sounding creepy enough currently? Or crazy enough? Trying to find the balance since Boran is less creepy and less crazy than Jahuro, whereas Jahuro will be...extremely...

Though yes, Zaerys will prove a problem.

Alright, I just need to ask before I go farther... Is Boran sounding creepy enough currently? Or crazy enough? Trying to find the balance since Boran is less creepy and less crazy than Jahuro, whereas Jahuro will be...extremely...

Show me a sample of jahuro

Edited by Nalathemaster

You sound off your rocker, I have a feeling if I were the one you bumped into, unlike the way I am treating this sith I would ditch you....

Show me a sample of juharo

"Tell me, soldier, do you FEEL death? No? Allow me to enlighten you! Now, off to Alderaan with you! Go on I said! ...Always stuck with lazy bones... Some go far, others only reach the bottom of the hill."

Kinda hard to setup some crazy banter without some context, though along these lines would be similar to Jahuro.

Ok, so that's 4 Squads in the jungle.

Anyone looking too happy? No? No volunteers? :(

Jaron and Rork appear to be about to setup their own little hovel, complete with the luxuries of life such as hot tubs. :p

Then again, Vishti seems pretty well off too. She kinda just left the droid hanging however...rude! RUDE I SAY! :D

Edited by Silenceo

Jaron and Rork appear to be about to setup their own little hovel, complete with the luxuries of life such as hot tubs. :p

Then again, Vishti seems pretty well off too. She kinda just left the droid hanging however...rude! RUDE I SAY! :D

I am just doing as wookies do. Though I keep giving instructions in hard to understand Thykarann to a guy who barely learned Shriiwook. My Techno babble is going to drive him nuts..... lol

Hoping to set up some pit falls, Bear traps and similar such things here soon. :D

Edited by tunewalker

I am just doing as wookies do. Though I keep giving instructions in hard to understand Thykarann to a guy who barely learned Shriiwook. My Techno babble is going to drive him nuts..... lol

Hoping to set up some pit falls, Bear traps and similar such things here soon. :D

I swear, if Rork installs a jacoozy... Jahuro will feel a disturbance in the force... :p

I swear, if Rork installs a jacoozy... Jahuro will feel a disturbance in the force... :p

He doesnt intend to stay put, this is a quickly put together shelter, He still needs to make a proper fishing net for quick food and a few traps to stay for the day, hopefully a boat to move down stream and set up in the next area when done... thats what the large Log is for.... if Jahuro understood the Thykarran at all about FINDING such a log which I doubt he will.....

Tune can you do that a jacoozy would be perfect it can help us relax after we finish hunting for foodand then we can lure the sith troopers there for a party and bring them to ourside or slaughter them all or brings some babes baxk to our hut lol

Edited by Jarons

Tune can you do that a jacoozy would be perfect it can help us relax after we finish hunting for foodand then we can lure the sith troopers there for a party and bring them to ourside or slaughter them all or brings some babes baxk to our hut lol

Your character really shouldnt be understanding the Thykarrann. Like I said its basically wookie techno babble. Shriiwook has emotions and the like in it, but Thykarran is very dry and very Technical. I dont think your character should be understanding that portion of it. He may understand the idea of "scout" and "bring back log" but anything specific like actual measurements and the like are going to be to technical in the wookie Thykarann speech. You would maybe understand it if he spoke SLOWLY, but in usual speech paterns I dont thnk you should understand Thykarann.

Edited by tunewalker

Your character really shouldnt be understanding the Thykarrann. Like I said its basically wookie techno babble. Shriiwook has emotions and the like in it, but Thykarran is very dry and very Technical. I dont think your character should be understanding that portion of it. He may understand the idea of "scout" and "bring back log" but anything specific like actual measurements and the like are going to be to technical in the wookie Thykarann speech. You would maybe understand it if he spoke SLOWLY, but in usual speech paterns I dont thnk you should understand Thykarann.

I think I understand what you mean by that but even you said I should understand the basics of it measurements should be part of that 40 meters he should understand but when hou get to advance measurements like kilometers or millimeters but basic measurements he should have been able to pick up from the drain knowledge he used on you

I think I understand what you mean by that but even you said I should understand the basics of it measurements should be part of that 40 meters he should understand but when hou get to advance measurements like kilometers or millimeters but basic measurements he should have been able to pick up from the drain knowledge he used on you

Its a completely different language. I said most who understand Shriiwook Understand Thykarann, but most who understand Shriiwook didnt pick it up purely out of drain knowledge and gain a "text book" understanding of it, making understanding Thykarann exceptionally difficult for one that just did Drain knowledge on Shriiwook. YOu may understand it if My character talks SLOWLY but normal speech its going to be exceptionally difficult to understand ANY specifics when using Thykarann.

Edit: more accurately its a different dialect.

it would be similar to most people speaking english and trying understand 3:34-3:44

or

:11- :15 Edited by tunewalker

Its a completely different language. I said most who understand Shriiwook Understand Thykarann, but most who understand Shriiwook didnt pick it up purely out of drain knowledge and gain a "text book" understanding of it, making understanding Thykarann exceptionally difficult for one that just did Drain knowledge on Shriiwook. YOu may understand it if My character talks SLOWLY but normal speech its going to be exceptionally difficult to understand ANY specifics when using Thykarann.

Ok if you say so I'll change my last post then

Edit: but wait then you messed us up you said stay within 40 meters but you never said it in Shriiwook only in Thykarann so I would have never known to stay in 40 meters to begin with

Edited by Jarons

Ok if you say so I'll change my last post then

The Edit is the most accurate to what I am trying to get acrossed as to why it would be difficult....

Edit: exactly, my character doesnt understand that yours doesnt understand Thykarann, he is just talking in his normal speech pattern for him its easier to give details and such in Thykarann rather then Shriiwook. The whole reason I was saying you would have an issue with it, when you were saying you were basically doing as he asked was he asked you to do it in the easiest langauge he knew how to for it. Thykarann, for Jareel the difference between the 2 is nearly non existent. He didnt think about how you might not understand it thanks to your "text book knowledge" of Shriiwook. Which wouldnt give the practical and application knowledge required to understand the different Dialects such as Thykaraan. (sorry I am being such a pain, I knew my character would be)

Edited by tunewalker

The Edit is the most accurate to what I am trying to get acrossed as to why it would be difficult....

Edit: exactly, my character doesnt understand that yours doesnt understand Thykarann, he is just talking in his normal speech pattern for him its easier to give details and such in Thykarann rather then Shriiwook. The whole reason I was saying you would have an issue with it, when you were saying you were basically doing as he asked was he asked you to do it in the easiest langauge he knew how to for it. Thykarann, for Jareel the difference between the 2 is nearly non existent. He didnt think about how you might not understand it thanks to your "text book knowledge" of Shriiwook. Which wouldnt give the practical and application knowledge required to understand the different Dialects such as Thykaraan. (sorry I am being such a pain, I knew my character would be)

Lol its cool ill find a way to deal with it or at least try to but the changes I made should be fine well I hope I basically just picked how far I should scout I said 40 to 50 meters and found a log thinking you might need it also fire wood

Can I get some more info on the outpost Alderick is at?

I'm going to assume it was military, but some additional info on its general condition/etc would be useful. Once introductions are done for my group I intend to have Alderick search it for supplies/weapons/information.

Ok is the outpost karadron and Darksaber were placed in the mandalorian outpost or some long abandoned one also is the tomb of freedon nadd in the 100 mile raduis of the hunting reserve

The outpost is a generic abandoned out post. To give it some flavor, perhaps think it is a Republic outpost from the Mandalorian wars. They would have needed a base of operations for the battle of Dxun.

As for the Tomb, still deciding.

Side Note: Did the Mandalorians keep that base of theirs in operation? I am unsure concerning that tid-bit. I want to say no, but I am not great in OR stuff.

After Thought: The outpost will likely already have been stripped for most if not all of its valuables. Decrepit state I would say would fit.

Edited by Silenceo

The outpost is a generic abandoned out post. To give it some flavor, perhaps think it is a Republic outpost from the Mandalorian wars. They would have needed a base of operations for the battle of Dxun.

As for the Tomb, still deciding.

Side Note: Did the Mandalorians keep that base of theirs in operation? I am unsure concerning that tid-bit. I want to say no, but I am not great in OR stuff.

After Thought: The outpost will likely already have been stripped for most if not all of its valuables. Decrepit state I would say would fit.

", a recently destroyed outpost of some sort"

Guess it's not so recently destroyed if it's from the Mandalorian Wars. :(