Strongholds for Dummies

Przemo_No

Apologies for any confusion, this is not the next guide but rather bunch of questions.

I feel dumb and dumber and dumber every day when I try to understand what is going on with the strongholds.

Yes, I love Dulfy, I read her more often that newspapers, there is the PTS forum with questions and suggestions, but for an “average” player it seems there’s still lots of confusion.

Therefore this thread, perhaps some ppl would be able to enlighten me and other players:

1. It was announced sometime ago that players can have the “retroactive” decorations.

I understand that if I have achieved some “achievement” (i.e. killed Soa or Dread Council, whatever) I earned some “reward” - a display of my progress. The stronghold would be a place where I can put that “reward”.

Now I read that actually we will have to get a “drop” – meaning you have to redo all the operations and FPs (or whatever necessary) for “strongholds decoration”

Can someone state which one is true?

2. Crafting decorations: I was under impression that once you “earned” any reward, you have it, like a medal or any other symbol. But now it seems you still need to additionally craft it?

3. If I have alts (of the same faction) is that enough that I buy 1 stronghold for that faction and use it as a “home” (or “base”) for all my alts from that faction? Or, on contrary I will have to buy as many home planet strongholds as many alts I have?

4. If I have one of Tatooine (far more preferable) or Nar Shaddaa (less preferable) stronghold, can ANY of the alts be parked there? ( I know already they cannot be “seen” by other chars - big disappointment)

5. Can we land with our ships on the “landing docks” on our strongholds?

6. Do I understand it correctly that we are provided with a “skeleton” of a house (basically just empty walls, with roof and floors) and the rest we need to purchase for rather hefty prices? That including basic stuff like table, chairs, sofas and kitchens? If so - do we change the game name into: “The SIM of the Old Republic”?

Those are basic questions , perhaps others would have more, feel free to add.

Please discuss the Legacy Storage bays, nor the Guild Ships prices. It is available in any other topic.

Not sure if they'll move it or if you'd be better off copy-pasting it into a new thread in general, but in the meantime here are some answers:

1. It was announced sometime ago that players can have the “retroactive” decorations.

I understand that if I have achieved some “achievement” (i.e. killed Soa or Dread Council, whatever) I earned some “reward” - a display of my progress. The stronghold would be a place where I can put that “reward”.

Now I read that actually we will have to get a “drop” – meaning you have to redo all the operations and FPs (or whatever necessary) for “strongholds decoration”

Can someone state which one is true?

Both.

There are some decorations that are granted just from the achievement of beating a FP or Operation Boss and those are granted as long as the game already "knows" through achievement tracking that you accomplished it (I believe all of these types are pictures/plaques of the bosses, with different sizes depending on the difficulty you beat them on).

There are ALSO decorations being added to the loot tables for bosses, so that they will be dropping on subsequent runs but you will have to win them the same as any other loot drop (the Kell Dragon Skull is one such drop from Scum and Villainy).

2. Crafting decorations: I was under impression that once you “earned” any reward, you have it, like a medal or any other symbol. But now it seems you still need to additionally craft it?
Not sure if I understand this question but I'll answer as best I can: Every time you get a decoration you will "consume" the item from your inventory to add it to your list of available decorations that you can place. But you only unlock one copy of the item each time you do that. So if you unlock one basic chair, you'll only have one chair to place. So if you want to place four chairs, you'll need to acquire four of the chair item, and "consume" all four to add that many to your place-able decorations list.

Crafters will be making PreFab Kits and other resources that can be traded to buy the decoration items you want (not sure if they make any specific decorations directly as well).

3. If I have alts (of the same faction) is that enough that I buy 1 stronghold for that faction and use it as a “home” (or “base”) for all my alts from that faction? Or, on contrary I will have to buy as many home planet strongholds as many alts I have?
Strongholds are Legacy-wide, all of your characters on a server will have access to the same Stronghold(s), they won't need to (or be able to) buy separate, individual versions of the same Strongholds.

The decorations you earn will be shared across the Legacy. So if your Jedi Knight beat Soa, but your Trooper never did, your Trooper will still be able to place the Soa Trophy. If your Jedi Knight "consumes" two basic chair items, and your Trooper "consumes" three basic chair items, then your decorations list will have five chairs in it (and on the flip side, every time you place an item, regardless of which character is doing the placing, it's one less item for the decoration list).

You can pick back up decorations that you have placed and they'll be added back to your list of available decorations.

4. If I have one of Tatooine (far more preferable) or Nar Shaddaa (less preferable) stronghold, can ANY of the alts be parked there? ( I know already they cannot be “seen” by other chars - big disappointment)
Yes, all your characters will have access to any of the "neutral" strongholds you unlock, and your Empire characters can access Coruscant for a nominal "Smuggling Fee" (same with Republic characters going to Dromund Kaas).

5. Can we land with our ships on the “landing docks” on our strongholds?
One of the decorations you can earn/purchase are decoration versions of the individual ships, you can't use the decoration version to board the ship, but the main exit from each stronghold has "Go to Ship" as one of the exit options.

6. Do I understand it correctly that we are provided with a “skeleton” of a house (basically just empty walls, with roof and floors) and the rest we need to purchase for rather hefty prices? That including basic stuff like table, chairs, sofas and kitchens? If so - do we change the game name into: “The SIM of the Old Republic”?
You're given a set of basic furnishings (chairs, a rug, at least one table I think, etc.) as a reward for a Quest that completes as soon as you buy your first Stronghold. You'll have to craft, earn (or have already earned through prior achievements), or buy everything else. Not sure how "steep" the price point is, some things are sure to be expensive, and other things are sure to be pretty cheap. Edited by DarthDymond