Quests not advancing to the next step after looting final quest item

Jerba

For the past few days/weeks, I've been getting this bug, so I think it was added recently. A friend of mine told me he also got this bug a few times, so I think it is a general bug that can happen to every user.

In the game, there are some quests where you need to collect a number of quest items that drop from enemy NPCs, and once you have looted all items, the quest will advance to the next step.

A few times however, I've had it happen that I was e.g. at 9/10 (only had to get one additional item) and killed an NPC who dropped the quest item, but upon looting the item, the quest progress stayed at 9/10, and from then on the quest is bugged.

It seems like the game thinks like I am already on the next step, for example, I was getting the window to join another player's quest turn-in conversation, but when the conversation started, I got dropped out of it.

Also, the NPCs won't drop the quest item again, so they think I already completed this quest step and don't need any additional quest items.

You can reset the quest and it will usually work then, but you need to do the whole quest again then.

So far, this bug has happened to me on the following quests:

• [DAILY] Unexpected Variables (Gree event, Republic side)
  • [HEROIC 2+] Better Droids, Republic quest on Hoth in the bonus area where you need to collect droid parts

If anyone has experienced this bug as well, please let me know so that we can hopefully narrow down why this bug occurs.

Edited by Jerba

Just got this bug again with "Jam the Transmissions" (daily quest on Ilum, Republic side). When looting the droids and picking up the transponders, it would not count toward the quest. This happened two times:

• When the quest was at 1/4, it stayed at 1/4 even though I had looted a Transponder. But when I looted another Transponder, it worked this time and immediately went to 3/4.
  • When I was at 3/4 and looted a Transponder, it stayed at 3/4 but the droids were no longer dropping a Transponder.

This supports my theory that the game still recognizes that you already have the items, but for some reason, the quest sometimes doesn't advance.

I am thinking that this bug happens when you loot the items too fast, e.g. before the loot pillar appears, but at the moment I unfortunately cannot offer steps to reliable reproduce this bug. Nevertheless, rest assured that this is a real bug affecting the whole playerbase, and resetting the quest is not really an acceptable workaround.

Edited by Jerba

Bump. Once again got this bug on "[HEROIC 2+] Better Droids". I have 6 Irreplaceable Parts in my inventory, yet the quest is at 5/6, and it won't drop any more Irreplaceable Parts. I don't really want to reset the mission and do it all over again because of this bug. :(

If it helps, I have auto-loot disabled, but area-loot is turned on. I'll try to see if I also get this bug with auto-loot enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that this bug also affects "[HEROIC 2+] The Face Merchants" (Coruscant quest). Upon looting a Clinic Passkey, the quest objective did not advance. I can also confirm that this bug can happen on quest steps where you only need to collect a single item, before I only saw this happen when you have to collect like 10 or 25 items. I am still thinking that this is related to looting the quest items too fast.

After I relogged, this is how it looked like: http://i.imgur.com/9qdR7hp.jpg As you can see, I have the Clinic Passkey in my inventory.

The game recognized that I completed the objective (Obtain a Clinic Passkey) since it is greyed out, but did not advance to the next quest step. On the top-right corner, you can see that there are no unfinished objectives for the next quest step.