Is the Gree Event just piece of fluff this time?

Prototypemind

No sticky about it, nothing in the community blog, no front page announcement. Players just passing through who haven't logged into the game and who are stopping in to see what's going on wouldn't really have any idea what's happening. I was seeking out some basic info on it despite having done it multiple times and there's pretty much nothing except threads a few pages back started by other players who knew it was coming up. It is only a week this time, so I guess it's more of a filler anyway, but it seems like it's not of much importance to the team. Maybe I'm off though, just wondering what others think. Edited by Prototypemind

It's an old event that some people have done to death already. Were it not for the Legacy Off-Hands, I would ignore it altogether.

Would feel partly pointless for them to tout something that has come and gone three(!) to four(!!!) times already.

EDIT:

Maybe it's time for the Gree to visit other worlds. Tatooine anyone? In the Dune Sea perhaps, near the Outlaw's Den?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's an old event that some people have done to death already. Were it not for the Legacy Off-Hands, I would ignore it altogether.

Would feel partly pointless for them to tout something that has come and gone three(!) to four(!!!) times already.

EDIT:

Maybe it's time for the Gree to visit other worlds. Tatooine anyone? In the Dune Sea perhaps, near the Outlaw's Den?

I agree. I've always been curious about why the Gree always come back to Ilum to gather the same data... every time. What is so damn interesting about Ilum?!

EDIT:

So the bounty hunter event which is done monthly for the past what year is not old yet?

I agree. I've always been curious about why the Gree always come back to Ilum to gather the same data... every time. What is so damn interesting about Ilum?!

I'll explain...

For the first time in thousands of years, the Gree are actually considering expanding their borders.

Think of it.

Grand Moff Regus and the Empire deployed just enough forces to raid Ilum, trying to harvest adegan lightsaber crystals as much as possible, the same crystals that would allow Malgus - or the Old Empire - to create a stealth armada.

What if... The Gree are trying to pick up Malgus' slack and finish what he started, for their own dark and twisted reasons.

But wait...!!! There's more...!!!

Surviving members of the Star Cabal are still embedded deep within the Empire, just like the GenoHaradan control ALL(!!!) of the Republic by manipulating the puppet-Chancellor Saresh.

All pieces are in place. Only one person can save us... Dare I say who?

^^ Of course, I'm mostly kidding... Am I, not? :p

- - - -

On a more serious note though, I wish I knew the answer to that quest. I guess they're just unwilling to recycle the event and deploy it on another planet, which I find odd quite frankly.

After all, they've become champions at recycling stuff over the last few years.

So the bounty hunter event which is done monthly for the past what year is not old yet?

The BBA event was meant from the start(!!!) to be a monthly thing.

The Gree event, just like the Rakghoul Resurgence, was meant to be a rarer event, which is why some rewards are especially enticing.

Legacy Off-hands for one.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I've been having a difficult time trying to get into Xeno 16 HM groups this time around, even with my healers. I was hoping more veterans would be trying for the red speeder but I've only been able to do Xeno three times (2 healers, 1 dps) and even then not once has the speeder dropped.

I've been having a difficult time trying to get into Xeno 16 HM groups this time around, even with my healers. I was hoping more veterans would be trying for the red speeder but I've only been able to do Xeno three times (2 healers, 1 dps) and even then not once has the speeder dropped.

It really depends on the server i guess. On BC, i only got in one HM with my geared character, after numerous failures, finally completing one. On harbinger, I have been able to do it 5 times, even on crappy characters. Of course 180s are so easy to get now compared to December when I was still on BC. that might have something to do with it.

I've been having a difficult time trying to get into Xeno 16 HM groups this time around, even with my healers.

My wife and I wound up forming our own a few times. DPS fill first, then heals, then tanks.

7 pairs of toons done (4 Imp, 3 Pub) with zero wipes. 4 Imp pairs to go, including 4 tanks and 3 healers. We saved the tanks for late in the week, when things will probably get slow. Might do one more pair on Pub side (tank+tank, possibly).

Edited by BuriDogshin

Many eons ago (1.2) with the removal of the Ilum World PvP quests Bioware promised to fix Ilum and return it as a once again open world PvP zone. The entire Gree event area on Ilum used to be an Open World PvP zone mostly "mid" was used the now "dome" area which has the 2 PvP quests.

Instead of actually fixing ilum all Bioware did was turn it into a stupid PvE event with 2 PvP which I find is disgusting considering the entire place used to be one big PvP zone and even now if you dare kill anybody in said PvP area you get drowned in a sea of tears from PvErs and carebears alike.

Shows how Carebear this game really is.

"Hi I enter a PvP area with warnings about being flagged and engaged in PvP combat how dare you kill me you nerd YOU HAVE NO LIFE"

Edited by eerinbastile

Many eons ago (1.2) with the removal of the Ilum World PvP quests Bioware promised to fix Ilum and make it an open world PvP zone. The entire Gree event area on Ilum used to be an Open World PvP zone mostly "mid" was used the now "dome" area which has the 2 PvP quests.

Instead of actually fixing ilum all Bioware did was turn it into a stupid PvE event with 2 PvP which I find is disgusting considering the entire place used to be one big PvP zone and even now if you dare kill anybody in said PvP area you get drowned in a sea of tears from PvErs and carebears alike.

Shows how Carebear this game really is.

"Hi I enter a PvP area with warnings about being flagged and engaged in PvP combat how dare you kill me you nerd YOU HAVE NO LIFE"

I think he meant an in-game lore explanation, not so much stuff pertaining the outside World. ;)

I guess its all down to the individual and how you look at events to calculate its "worth" or not. Personally for me I've had fun fighting xeno sm/hm boss again getting another blue sphere vehicle ,all the gree off-hand items,a gree sniper,even got lucky with a 16-man xeno hm loot drop and got my red sphere vehicle :D

I was just referring more to the lack of promotion about it. As to Xeno, all the groups I've been in have ended up turning into HM groups as well because of the pace of gearing now, but no Red Spheres yet. Have one on a toon, but wouldn't mind another.