Disconnect causing perpetual loading screens

JojoKildare

I find myself asking if the problems with 16m groupfinder were fixed after all. And that makes me sad, because I love 16m groupfinder ops, but getting disconnected every 15-20 minutes gets old fast, and it started back up for me after the patch brought 16man back to groupfinder.

That's a double post from my post in customer Service Forum. So, just you know ;)

Ok... I could reproduce and narrowed the issue down, at least in my Setup and Network Environment.

As I had a Wifi USB Stick lying around, I did a last desperated test with surprising results...

Testcase:

Hama N300 USB Wifi Stick

TP-Link TL-WDN3800 N600 Wifi Card with external antenna

Result

The Issue was gone, as soon as I deactivated my NetworkCard and plugged in the Hama USB Wifi stick into my PC. It has a far less Signal strength then my TP-Link Wifi Card with external antennas but... suddenly the issue was gone.

Out of curiosity and to reproduce the effects I switched back to the TP-Link Card and it was lagspikes of hell and freezing Crash again. I tested several times back and forth... it was always running fine with the Wifi USB Stick.

Important Note:

It's no fault of the TP Link Wifi Card, because each and every other piece of Software, games, online Services are running fine with max bandwith and low latency. The only Show stopper is SWTOR.

Conclusion

So maybe some SWTOR update messed with some Hardware specs?

The TP-Link is using an Atheros Chipset, whereas the HAMA-Stick is using a Ralink (RT2870?) chipset.

Further System specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (up to date due to this month 10/2014)

8 GB Ram

Asus P7P55D Evo Mainboard

i7 CPU first Generation @2.9 Ghz

GTX 660 Ti