The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

We are a solid two star hotel.

Dont diss 2 star hotels :jawa_wink:

Cool story, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in was this little 2 star place in Thira, spotless every day, great guy who ran the place. He even made his own wine and put it in your fridge every time he got the room cleaned.

Funny thing is I'd stayed in a 5 star hotel in their version of their parliament square, and I enjoyed the 2 star one better.

But yeh, pretty solid point to be honest.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The tighter your grip, the more star systems will slip between your fingers."

Yes the same applies here, which is why only holding on to the most crucial areas is better for them.

Also considering the leadership of the I.D.D I can see them using the population and EoP's starvation against them, they don't need to save the population... when they can use them as bait, what does he say in The Crow.. "I feel like a worm on a big ****in' hook.".

The EoP is going to get hungry, so why not place thousands in larger buildings, rig em with explosives and blow up boat fulls of bugs and ghouls in one go.

The I.D.D 'retreats' to more secure areas leaving thousands in blocks and then when the EoP pours in to get a snack, BOOM.

A clever strategy, but bear in mind nobody likes being used as bait.

The EoP controls sewage and some of the cycling. It is hilariously bad city planning to try and force water back up over a thousand feet to the Middle City. Sewage likely gets pumped down to the Under City, cleaned and then sent up to the lowest level of each other City where it is cleaned again using their available technology. You think the Upper Middle Class is going to drink water out of a tap that was last filtered by the Thugs in the Lower City? Or, even the poorest person in the Upper City would drink anything not scrubbed at least three more times since the gangs, aliens and ilk of the Lower City/Under City?

It is the same across real world cities, with something as simple as a faucet attachment; but the sheer scope means emergency planning would have a reserve for at least the Upper Level. After all, only 20-30 years prior the entire planet tried to over throw the Upper City,

My point is that Jerec doesn't have the enough control over the sewer network to send a virus into the Under City, he's far more likely to botch it and end up infecting his own water supplies.

And if it does manage to get the Undercity, Muur will just scrub it out.

Not as if they can do anything about it or would even realise it, all they know is that the I.D.D was 'overwhelmed. It's abhorrent but a sound tactic nonetheless.
Indeed, but the IDD would have to ensure that nobody suspected, else they'd have a riot on their hands.

I mean building blowing up spontaneously is a tad suspicious. :p

Indeed, but the IDD would have to ensure that nobody suspected, else they'd have a riot on their hands.

I mean building blowing up spontaneously is a tad suspicious. :p

Rakghoul did it by accident....

:rak_01: <---- It was that one.

Alright, just a few key points from Silenceo's posts and in general I'd like to address.

1. Byss is going to be a very difficult world to surprise. It is a fortress world will means lots of surveillance, sensors and turrets. Getting troops on the ground without them being blown out of the sky is difficult enough, let alone doing so sneakily. I also suspect that the lab itself will be very heavily armed, altogether is an uphill battle. Which gives the scientists lots of time to evacuate and destroy the research, or alternatively hold the fought and fight the droids off.

And trade routes or not, with a Class 2 hyperdrive, it could take up to 24 days to get there and back.

2. Destroying the EoP is possible, but the fallout may prove to great a risk. Yes the surrounding area can be evacuated, but this area is a hotzone for battle. Clearing out is effectively turning your backs on the enemy and exposing yourself. I mean just imagine your troops being marched away over a bridge, then said bridge blows up

And even then, the trajectory of the EoP cannot be accurately plotted, it may fall straight down, it may cruise across the cityscape and wipe out fleeing forces, it may shatter the very infrastructure of the planet, it might take out the power etc.

3. I see one issue with the I.D.Ds overall strategy that Muur would likely exploit. And that's this evacuation business. The I.D.D are going to evacuate the Lower City, parts of the Middle City and basically move everyone up the the Upper City, locking down those areas and keeping them under guard.

It puts all the civvies in concentrate areas, meaning that if the EoP decided to launch a virus say into the Upper City, it would spread across the tightly concentrate area like wildfire. The EoP would be completely safe because 1. the lowers levels have been evacuated 2. they are all locked down, meaning getting into that area is hard enough, and 3. any zombies that manage will be swiftly dispatched by the I.D.Ds forces.

Whereas the I.D.D have locked down all the lifts, and sealed themselves away in safe zones. Effectively they are trapped in a prison of their own devising. Maker forbid that the EoP find their way to the power stations, most likely located in the lower levels, and shut that down. Leaving the I.D.D forces trapped and isolated.

Well it wouldn't be farfetched to believe that the monster army coming to get them blew up power generators, etc and levelled the buildings.

It will only be one set of explosions through the city as well, all the areas left will be heavily defended due to swelling of numbers because of the 'retreat'. Then come the killzones which will also cause severe casaulties on the attackers, combine the effects of these and the EoP may well have lost half it's forces, gone on the defensive and then the I.D.D attacks.

Spider droids can drop the Leviathans long before they get close and then the light vehicles come rolling in, mowing down Killiks, then pour in the P1s and P2s.

Meanwhile all of this will seriously effect Lomi Plo, so much of her hive dead will have repercussions on her.

Better yet the I.D.D is going to continuously have it's numbers replenished and even boosted, with clear and simple landing zones, a luxury the EoP doesn't have.

Honestly the moment the LoT becomes space dust is the moment the I.D.D wins, IMO.

Well it wouldn't be farfetched to believe that the monster army coming to get them blew up power generators, etc and levelled the buildings.

It will only be one set of explosions through the city as well, all the areas left will be heavily defended due to swelling of numbers because of the 'retreat'. Then come the killzones which will also cause severe casaulties on the attackers, combine the effects of these and the EoP may well have lost half it's forces, gone on the defensive and then the I.D.D attacks.

Spider droids can drop the Leviathans long before they get close and then the light vehicles come rolling in, mowing down Killiks, then pour in the P1s and P2s.

Meanwhile all of this will seriously effect Lomi Plo, so much of her hive dead will have repercussions on her.

Better yet the I.D.D is going to continuously have it's numbers replenished and even boosted, with clear and simple landing zones, a luxury the EoP doesn't have.

Honestly the moment the LoT becomes space dust is the moment the I.D.D wins, IMO.

Just note, those attacking the Upper City will most likely be aerial fighters, making it difficult for vehicles to attack them.

Why would you send an army to do business on Byss when you can send IG-88 whom the enemy doesn't know exists? just a suggestion...

Also I would not evacuate the Middle areas of Taris those are actually really good choke points against the EoP attackers.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Why would you send an army to do business on Byss when you can send IG-88 whom the enemy doesn't know exists? just a suggestion...

Also I would not evacuate the Middle areas of Taris those are actually really good choke points against the EoP attackers.

IG-88 could prove effective, but I'm not sure the IDD can do without him for 24 days.

I am fairly certain they could, he is the best chance by far of being successful on Byss which could change or even end the battle on Taris. I think IG-88 is very capable of pulling that off, he's done much more implressive things in his career. Edited by LadyKulvax

I am fairly certain they could, he is the best chance by far of being successful on Byss which could change or even end the battle on Taris. I think IG-88 is very capable of pulling that off, he's done much more implressive things in his career.
Well I don't think it will do much good, there is no real way that the IDD can effectively apply the virus.

Alright, just a few key points from Silenceo's posts and in general I'd like to address.

1. Byss is going to be a very difficult world to surprise. It is a fortress world will means lots of surveillance, sensors and turrets. Getting troops on the ground without them being blown out of the sky is difficult enough, let alone doing so sneakily. I also suspect that the lab itself will be very heavily armed, altogether is an uphill battle. Which gives the scientists lots of time to evacuate and destroy the research, or alternatively hold the fought and fight the droids off.

And trade routes or not, with a Class 2 hyperdrive, it could take up to 24 days to get there and back.

2. Destroying the EoP is possible, but the fallout may prove to great a risk. Yes the surrounding area can be evacuated, but this area is a hotzone for battle. Clearing out is effectively turning your backs on the enemy and exposing yourself. I mean just imagine your troops being marched away over a bridge, then said bridge blows up

And even then, the trajectory of the EoP cannot be accurately plotted, it may fall straight down, it may cruise across the cityscape and wipe out fleeing forces, it may shatter the very infrastructure of the planet, it might take out the power etc.

3. I see one issue with the I.D.Ds overall strategy that Muur would likely exploit. And that's this evacuation business. The I.D.D are going to evacuate the Lower City, parts of the Middle City and basically move everyone up the the Upper City, locking down those areas and keeping them under guard.

It puts all the civvies in concentrate areas, meaning that if the EoP decided to launch a virus say into the Upper City, it would spread across the tightly concentrate area like wildfire. The EoP would be completely safe because 1. the lowers levels have been evacuated 2. they are all locked down, meaning getting into that area is hard enough, and 3. any zombies that manage will be swiftly dispatched by the I.D.Ds forces.

Whereas the I.D.D have locked down all the lifts, and sealed themselves away in safe zones. Effectively they are trapped in a prison of their own devising. Maker forbid that the EoP find their way to the power stations, most likely located in the lower levels, and shut that down. Leaving the I.D.D forces trapped and isolated.

1. Does it have its shield up 24/7? If it does not, then Byss is already lost before a IDD ship even arrives. If it is only raised when a threat is seen, then hyperspace pods can land right on the scientists door steps. I doubt scientists, even highly defended scientists, will be able to stop a group of Dark Troopers from entering the base and taking what they want.

2. I assume you meant the LoT? Also, it would likely be nearly straight down, if the IDD fleet destroys its basals and use the tractor beams as I suggested earlier. The difference between the EoP and the IDD in this situation, is that the IDD has a heads up on what the fleet is about to do, and so they evac the immediate area. The EoP likely doesn't know until it is about to fall.

3. No. They are not being evac'd to the Upper City... I have always stated they would be evac'd to the Middle City, simply due to the fact the Upper City is too small, and it is too susceptible to drop pods. Also, how is it they would get the plague to the citizens if they are, as you admitted, completely locked down? Drop pods would be swiftly dealt with, invaders from below would be expunged rather quickly. If it is from the drop pods, then I doubt they will make it out of the buildings they crashed into.

Yeah, like the Middle and Upper Cities do not have their own power stations... :rolleyes: And I prefer the term, Fortified Positions, rather than prison. It makes the populace feel much better. ;)

1. Does it have its shield up 24/7? If it does not, then Byss is already lost before a IDD ship even arrives. If it is only raised when a threat is seen, then hyperspace pods can land right on the scientists door steps. I doubt scientists, even highly defended scientists, will be able to stop a group of Dark Troopers from entering the base and taking what they want.

2. I assume you meant the LoT? Also, it would likely be nearly straight down, if the IDD fleet destroys its basals and use the tractor beams as I suggested earlier. The difference between the EoP and the IDD in this situation, is that the IDD has a heads up on what the fleet is about to do, and so they evac the immediate area. The EoP likely doesn't know until it is about to fall.

3. No. They are not being evac'd to the Upper City... I have always stated they would be evac'd to the Middle City, simply due to the fact the Upper City is too small, and it is too susceptible to drop pods. Also, how is it they would get the plague to the citizens if they are, as you admitted, completely locked down? Drop pods would be swiftly dealt with, invaders from below would be expunged rather quickly. If it is from the drop pods, then I doubt they will make it out of the buildings they crashed into.

Yeah, like the Middle and Upper Cities do not have their own power stations... :rolleyes: And I prefer the term, Fortified Positions, rather than prison. It makes the populace feel much better. ;)

1. I don't recall saying anything about shields. :p But now you mention it, the shields might also be raised along with everything else when the sensors pick up on several pods exiting hyperspace.

2. How do they know were the basals are or how the ship even works?

3. What is important is that they are all in one place, and that place is not the lower levels. As for how they would get it, there are an innumerable number of ways they can crawl into the Middle City and with the Dark Troopers patrolling the lower city, fighting in the Upper City, and launching an assault on the Undercity, there are not going to be in force.

Not that I've heard of. :p They'll be power relays for sure but it will be all connected to one or several central stations.

Edited by Beniboybling

1. I don't recall saying anything about shields. :p But now you mention it, the shields might also be raised along with everything else when the sensors pick up on several pods exiting hyperspace.

2. How do they know were the basals are or how the ship even works?

3. What is important is that they are all in one place, and that place is not the lower levels. As for how they would get it, there are an innumerable number of ways they can crawl into the Middle City and with the Dark Troopers patrolling the lower city, fighting in the Upper City, and launching an assault on the Undercity, there are not going to be in force.

Not that I've heard of. :p They'll be power relays for sure but it will be all connected to one or several central stations.

1. The only planet I have ever heard of that has kept their shields online for almost indefinitely, is Coruscant. I doubt that Byss has its shield up 100% of the time. Though, picking something up as small as pods before they are in orbit or pass right by sentries will be quite difficult.

2. Trench will have gained valuable information from the last fight. He obviously can identify the weapons now as demonstrated when he attempted to attack the LoT the first time, and since he noticed the invisible energy fields absorbing the fire, it is not too far of a stretch that he noticed where they are emanating from. Besides, various points have been mentioned as to why the LoT would be much easier to destroy if it is in atmosphere.

3. Still plenty of Enforcers in the Middle city, not to mention all of those citizen soldiers as well as local security, and the local defenses. Also, if they are already launching their attack on the Undercity when this is tried, then that means forces are diverted from the EoP defense, making it easier for the IDD to win.

Side Note: Hyperspace pods providing a nearly constant stream of additional Dark Troopers is also a good thing, since Kiliks can not be replaced too quickly, and Dark Troopers PII and PIII are worth many Kiliks.

Edited by Silenceo

1. The only planet I have ever heard of that has kept their shields online for almost indefinitely, is Coruscant. I doubt that Byss has its shield up 100% of the time. Though, picking something up as small as pods before they are in orbit or pass right by sentries will be quite difficult.

2. Trench will have gained valuable information from the last fight. He obviously can identify the weapons now as demonstrated when he attempted to attack the LoT the first time, and since he noticed the invisible energy fields absorbing the fire, it is not too far of a stretch that he noticed where they are emanating from. Besides, various points have been mentioned as to why the LoT would be much easier to destroy if it is in atmosphere.

3. Still plenty of Enforcers in the Middle city, not to mention all of those citizen soldiers as well as local security, and the local defenses. Also, if they are already launching their attack on the Undercity when this is tried, then that means forces are diverted from the EoP defense, making it easier for the IDD to win.

1. This is Byss. The Emperor's throne world, possessing one of if not the tightest security systems in the galaxy. The shield was in fact up 100% of the time (Coruscant did not, only in emergencies) and was only lowered to let in craft that had been thoroughly checked and approved in advance.

The entire planet is surrounded with a field of scanner satellites which were most likely state of the art. And the route to Byss itself was heavily monitored for approach craft. On top of that the surface of the planet was bristling with latest turbolaser technology. I had actually forgotten just how tight Byss security is, I'm sorry, but the chances of successfully landing troops on Byss are approximately 3,720 to 1! :csw_c3po:

2. But how? Are the dovin basals visible? All I see is a big green mass. Even the Yaret-Kors are hard to spot. These energy fields as you say are invisible. I don't see how he could possibly work out where they were coming from.

And how would he successfully destroy them all at once? So that it would drop straight downward?

I think this is a stretch, not destroying the EoP, but certainly causing a pre-plotted descent.

3. The issue here is that all they'd need is to get small number of Killiks armed with weaponised viruses to sneak their way say through the ventilation shafts, lift shafts etc. drop down on the population and open fire.

Altogether it would be very difficult to stop a swarm from well, swarming.

And with a Rakghoul army Muur is not exactly short on numbers.

EDIT: Enforcers can't fit in buildings and civvies are the guys they will be shooting at. If its civvies that they Killiks will be up against then their job just got a whole lot easier. I just don't feel you have the manpower here.

Edited by Beniboybling

What about IG-88 assassinating a leader? I think the under-city is a perfect environment for IG.

Also consider the possibility that IG-88 hacks into under city systems... yeh a lot of baaaad stuff could happen to the EoP if such a thing were to transpire.

What about IG-88 assassinating a leader? I think the under-city is a perfect environment for IG.

Also consider the possibility that IG-88 hacks into under city systems... yeh a lot of baaaad stuff could happen to the EoP if such a thing were to transpire.

I wonder what happens if I flip THIS switch... *Sewer flood gates open, water gushing in to drown the EoP*

*IG-88 glare*

*Jerec gives IG-88 a raise*

What about Commerce Guild supplying Trihexalon and wiping out the EoP in the undercity not to mention the populations of Byss and Wayland, has this been discussed?
I don't think it has much to do with the Commerce Guild.

And what's wrong the populations of Byss and Wayland? What did they do wrong!

I don't think it has much to do with the Commerce Guild.

And what's wrong the populations of Byss and Wayland? What did they do wrong!

The CG supplied the stuff for use to wipe out the whole of Coruscant in a plan with Count Dooku(but they later focused on the senate). Considering the vast size and influence of the CG I am hardly surprised they dealt in this stuff.

Just to clarify the CG via the CIS controlled the worlds the stuff came from in the first place.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Knowing Jerec, Jerec is Jerec's employee of the month, free moneyz!

Hmm, I wonder how many more times I can fit the name Jerec into a single sentence.

12. Don't ask me how I know, but 12, before it starts becoming total none nonsensical. :p

On the contrary though, Jerec would at least pay IG-88 a little extra for nice work. He still has uses, unlike 8t88...

Side Note: I originally was not aware that the Commerce Guild had access to that item, but if what you say is true LK, then that is one MEAN bug spray....:eek:

Edited by Silenceo