The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

So looking at thud-bugs, razor bugs, and blast bugs. I think that the first two would have a very limited impact on the IDDs forces, they would work well against living beings, but against metal they would have little effect. Especially the thud-bugs.

Blast bugs would have a bigger impact, but considering that they were not as effective against armored opponents their effect would also be limited.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. As I said before, it is highly unlikely Taris has AA turrets, its a backwater planet filled with snobs, not a fortress world. After all they didn't shoot down the escape pods, and the Sith wanted Bastila dead.

We really musn't overestimate the security on Taris, there isn't even any evidence of autoturrets here. We are merely guessing because they suppressed an uprising and held off some rakghouls, but you don't need turrets for that.

So again, lets not assume to much or overstate their capabilities

2. Heh, OK... so I'm guessing we are concerning ourselves with the general tactic of standing close together and raising your shield, then stabbing? So I'm guessing they would not have protection above at all? That does present new issues however, it means the Killiks can land literally on top of them and breaking into their ranks.

And given the shortness of vibroswords, the Killiks retain the advantage of reach.

What good does reach do, if all it hits is the shield? :p As for the dropping atop them thing, ventilation tended to not have multiple vents right next to each other...so they would be dropping one at a time Beni. hardly an uncontrollable deluge. Not to mention they likely could not drop ontop of them in the Sewers due to lack of ventilation. Surprise or not, even the weakest Dark Trooper isn't easily disabled if they are defending as outlined.

It is also good to note that you are allocating a vast amount of forces it seems like to ambush a single patrol... If it is somehow successful, do you not think the IDD would increase their patrol size making it nearly impossible to replicate?

3. Well you forget about the little guys for a moment, and concern yourself with the large one's strafing your forces.

Let us say the large ones get in with the Phalanx. What then? They are then themselves surrounded and there are more than one layer to Phalanx's... They likely would be gutted due to how only one at a time can drop in due to using ventilation instead of tunnels. The small ones would have a hard time avoiding both enemy and friendly fire and landing on anything when they are all moving so much.

4. Pretty sure I didn't. I'd assume that Muur would command the Rakghouls not to attack Joiners, or otherwise keep the Joiners away from the Rakghouls, either way once the joining is done their knowledge is absorbed.

Joiners are much easier to kill considering where they came from, so alright...Not like they would fit in with the crowds anyways, not to mention it is a lengthy process, and time outside the nest undoes the work.

5. *nothing happens* "What the hell is going!" "Er.. sir, we don't have any automated defences..."

They could always use the Precision Lasers if they get too close for comfort...

6. Not sure how you can argue that a swarm of tiny little bugs will fail to spot a noisy army of droids marching on the sewers. Or anywhere around the city for that matter, they'll be crawling all over the place.

Scale Beni. They can not be everywhere at once. Taris is a big city. A large enclosed area that disfavors swarms, and it is unlikely even such small things could spy long on IDD fortifications.

7. Don't need tunnels, ventilation shafts will do.

If they are not tunneling then they are severely hampered in their flanking ability, since the IDD will have already cleared behind them before advancing. Dropping from the vents behind them is viable, but that puts that force between the IDD and their fortifications, easy to dispatch reinforcements.

I doubt even if they could tunnel through it, that they could tunnel that fast at all through durasteel and duracrete.

So looking at thud-bugs, razor bugs, and blast bugs. I think that the first two would have a very limited impact on the IDDs forces, they would work well against living beings, but against metal they would have little effect. Especially the thud-bugs.

Blast bugs would have a bigger impact, but considering that they were not as effective against armored opponents their effect would also be limited.

Bear in mind though that the razor bugs, if they get between the joints, will just chew away at the wires until they are dead. Though of course this all depends on well placed shots. I don't think any of these bugs will have a substantial effect if they strike the armor, but if they hit the photo-receptors or the wiring they could cause crippling damage.

If they are not tunneling then they are severely hampered in their flanking ability, since the IDD will have already cleared behind them before advancing. Dropping from the vents behind them is viable, but that puts that force between the IDD and their fortifications, easy to dispatch reinforcements.

I doubt even if they could tunnel through it, that they could tunnel that fast at all through durasteel and duracrete.

1. A well placed strike or bug, will reach through the shields. As they are small. :p

I don't know I figured a sewer would be filled with lots of nooks and crannies, maybe not always a ventilation shaft, but perhaps a nook they can hide in or a railing they can hide on top of etc. etc. Thoughts its more than possible that the Killiks could crawl along walls, I mean Geonosians could right? Seems pretty common for insectoid species.

But its not just the sewers, there is the middle and lower city as well. It might not always been a pursuable avenue but I'm sure that on several occasions it will be, and in such situations the Killiks will exploit the opening.

And true, but superior numbers combined with surprise could win out. We could be dealing with drop kills here. By which I mean they ram their spear right in the neck and rip through the whole length of the body, dead droid.

3. I'm guessing three is not actually a response to three. But imagine the Killiks have superior numbers, then it is the P1s who are surrounded as opposed to the Killiks.

4. OPEN FIRE PRECISION LASERS. *nothing happens* "What the hell is going on now!" "Err, sir. We don't have precision lasers either.

5. Nor can the droids, something we should always bear in mind. Not sure how the environment hinders then though, the Upper City is a big open space, I doubt they'd even notice a little bug flying overhead. And the Lower and Undercity are filled with nooks and crannies were a spy bug or a Wulluw can hide themselves.

6. I mean tunnelling above, tunneling underground won't bring the ceiling down on their heads. And while true, they have plenty of time, its going to be several days if not weeks before the IDD manages to break into the Undercity.

1. A well placed strike or bug, will reach through the shields. As they are small. :p

I don't know I figured a sewer would be filled with lots of nooks and crannies, maybe not always a ventilation shaft, but perhaps a nook they can hide in or a railing they can hide on top of etc. etc. Thoughts its more than possible that the Killiks could crawl along walls, I mean Geonosians could right? Seems pretty common for insectoid species.

But its not just the sewers, there is the middle and lower city as well. It might not always been a pursuable avenue but I'm sure that on several occasions it will be, and in such situations the Killiks will exploit the opening.

Looking at the Undercity Sewers...I do not see much of openings above the walkways, other than in those large circular rooms. Though, climbing on the walls when they are covered in slime sounds like fun, doesn't it?

And true, but superior numbers combined with surprise could win out. We could be dealing with drop kills here. By which I mean they ram their spear right in the neck and rip through the whole length of the body, dead droid.

They might have exposed wires, but do remember the entire frame is still Phrik...Might break the poor Kiliks spear attempting that! the PII and PIII it would likely bounce off of their helmet and then you have a pissed off killing machine gunning for you... If they are using the vents, it would be quickly identified after they start dropping in, and it would be basically eliminated as a threat. They are not going to be dropping en mass on their heads.

3. I'm guessing three is not actually a response to three. But imagine the Killiks have superior numbers, then it is the P1s who are surrounded as opposed to the Killiks.

Difference is, if the Kiliks can not get at the wires due to the Phalanx formation *minus the middle/back row which is dealing with the ones from the vent.* the frame is sturdy enough to take any blow they can deal, since they are not super human strength wise. As was previously stated, with the Phalanx it opens up the possibility for hundreds to hold off thousands. It was quite an effective strategy.

4. OPEN FIRE PRECISION LASERS. *nothing happens* "What the hell is going on now!" "Err, sir. We don't have precision lasers either.

*facepalm* *Points to Spider Droids* Not all of them would be down below, and they likely would default to Middle City...

5. Nor can the droids, something we should always bear in mind. Not sure how the environment hinders then though, the Upper City is a big open space, I doubt they'd even notice a little bug flying overhead. And the Lower and Undercity are filled with nooks and crannies were a spy bug or a Wulluw can hide themselves.

True, but you also have to remember none of your guys are exactly miltiary tactican master minds. Sure, they can see some of what is going on, but never the whole picture nor do they know much, if ANYTHING about the Dark Troopers. In the beginning they will likely assume that they are basically just big storm troopers. *Phrik might not be covered in general information. They were a SECRET PROJECT after all...*

The open area would normally benefit the EoP, but due to the IDD being able to use their vehicles...not so. As for the

6. I mean tunnelling above, tunneling underground won't bring the ceiling down on their heads. And while true, they have plenty of time, its going to be several days if not weeks before the IDD manages to break into the Undercity.

Gotta love these circles! Almost like a spiral by now!

Gotta love these circles! Almost like a spiral by now!
1. Walls covered with slime? Your kidding right?

Anyway let's see, several of the chambers have tall ceilings which would be easy to hide in, many of the passageways are walkways/hatches which could be hidden under and sprung up from, and those long things running the length of the ceiling I can only assume to be pipes, hollow pipes. So that is quite a few places to hide in ambush.

2. See the fight between Grievous and the Gungans, it goes straight through him and his armor is made of something strong or another, all the Phrik will do is redirect the blade if it happens to collide. Regardless, having a spear stuck down your neck is pretty much going to immoblise the droids, regardless of whether they break or not.

Of course this tactic wouldn't be used against PIIs and PIIIs however. They would be throwing bugs at the joints/face.

And if they cut holes in the pipes, they can drop right down all in unison, en mass.

3. The shields will only cover a portion of their torso, the rest will be exposed to stabs and bugs.

4. Jeez you should have specified. :p

5. Killiks are sentient, they are more than capable of recognising that X droids are walking down corridor X or approaching area X etc. etc. all they will be doing here is tracking their movements, keeping an eye on where they are. You don't need to be a military tactician to realise that those droids marching towards the sewers and marching towards the sewers. I am not however implying they'll be finding out all sorts about the enemy etc.

Anyway let's see, several of the chambers have tall ceilings which would be easy to hide in, many of the passageways are walkways/hatches which could be hidden under and sprung up from, and those long things running the length of the ceiling I can only assume to be pipes, hollow pipes. So that is quite a few places to hide in ambush.

2. See the fight between Grievous and the Gungans, it goes straight through him and his armor is made of something strong or another, all the Phrik will do is redirect the blade if it happens to collide. Regardless, having a spear stuck down your neck is pretty much going to immoblise the droids, regardless of whether they break or not.

Of course this tactic wouldn't be used against PIIs and PIIIs however. They would be throwing bugs at the joints/face.

And if they cut holes in the pipes, they can drop right down all in unison, en mass.

3. The shields will only cover a portion of their torso, the rest will be exposed to stabs and bugs.

5. Killiks are sentient, they are more than capable of recognising that X droids are walking down corridor X or approaching area X etc. etc. all they will be doing here is tracking their movements, keeping an eye on where they are. You don't need to be a military tactician to realise that those droids marching towards the sewers and marching towards the sewers. I am not however implying they'll be finding out all sorts about the enemy etc.

1. Not slime, sewage. *****. Excrement. That sorta thing. All those noms that usually are found in sewers.

Sewers tend to be covered in slime along the walls...not really any other way to put it...

I already mentioned the circular chambers, but in there it is easy to see. As for the pasageways and hatches, I doubt those ones would work since they would long have been identified, they are not exactly hidden. Also, if they cut holes in the pipes, I am pretty sure that would be visible...

The difference is that there is a noticable gab in Grevious's chest because he is a cyborg and has his organic parts there. Something that none of the Dark Troopers share. Not to mention Grevious was only durasteel. :D Do note, the PI heads are likely Phrik as well...

Still not sure that they would leave the eyes made of glass when the rest if made of Phrik, though I have nothing to support this opinion.

Again...noticeable and makes the ambush obvious...

Again, we are imagining it differently. The way I imagine it is the front line is actually a double line. The first line when engaged would drop to one knee and go from there, the second would stay standing and shield from there. That way not legs are exposed, and multiple zones can be assaulted at once. In the rear would still be the PII's shooting those who try to simply out range the Phalanx.

I never said they were stupid, I merely said they wouldn't see the entire picture. Every bug off spying is one less bug fighting. :rolleyes: Though really, do they know much about Dark Troopers? I know the enemy gets to know basics and firepower and ect, we went over that already, but I merely ask because the Dark Trooper project was among one of the most top secret in the Galactic Empire. Not to mention none of the EoP would have the contacts to have known by default or recognition.

1. Not slime, sewage. *****. Excrement. That sorta thing. All those noms that usually are found in sewers.
Yeah I know, but this is Star Wars, not the stone age. They aren't even pumping sewage through those passageways. Its completely clean. There are only a few small channels were sewage actually flows. Edited by Beniboybling

I feel a little bad for Muur having to spend all day down there.

Not just all day, but the entire battle. So likely weeks to months.

Side Note: Faith in futuristic plumbing, misplaced, may be!

Edited by Silenceo

I never said they were stupid, I merely said they wouldn't see the entire picture. Every bug off spying is one less bug fighting. :rolleyes: Though really, do they know much about Dark Troopers? I know the enemy gets to know basics and firepower and ect, we went over that already, but I merely ask because the Dark Trooper project was among one of the most top secret in the Galactic Empire. Not to mention none of the EoP would have the contacts to have known by default or recognition.
1. See my other post, we are dealing with maintenance shafts here, not the pipes themselves.

And the thing is with those chambers is that they have high ceilings, i.e. out of line of sight. If the droids are not expecting an ambush from above, I doubt they will look up. Concerning cutting holes in the pipes, I don't mean all the way, just deep enough so a strong kick will drop it on the enemies heads and you can jump out.

2. His anatomy is very similar to the P1s. Exposed areas around the neck area, and an open cavity in the chest. Or in the case of the P1s, lots of wires that can be sliced through. I don't think the strength of the metal makes a difference.

And as far as I'm aware there is no such thing as Transparaphrik. :p I don't think they'd be made of glass either, they look simply like recesses were the photo receptors are housed. And the P1s have them at the forefront.

3. Dropping to one knee would leave their heads exposed though... stab em in the eyes! :D

4. Wulluw and spy bugs and non-combatants. Again I never said anything about units specifics just were they are and were they are going, they are not stupid enough to be incapable of recognizing the enemy as the enemy.

I expect the the EoP could find out about Felucia and Mechis by joining, however getting a Killik to talk will prove a lot more difficult. Though considering they still have a portion of their fleet left they could find out by tracing transports...

Mechis III considering the environment is less vulnerable to attack unless they dedicate a large portion of their troops, which they aren't really in a position to do. But as I said before with Felucia all they'd need to do is load up a small vessel with some viruses then release them into the wild. Soon enough the zombies will come knocking.

Or alternatively, get a few Mollom, tunnel into the base and infect one of the workers. Zombie outbreak!

Just reposting this, I don't want it to go unchallenged.

1. See my other post, we are dealing with maintenance shafts here, not the pipes themselves.

Not too many of those areas though.

And the thing is with those chambers is that they have high ceilings, i.e. out of line of sight. If the droids are not expecting an ambush from above, I doubt they will look up. Concerning cutting holes in the pipes, I don't mean all the way, just deep enough so a strong kick will drop it on the enemies heads and you can jump out.

Due to the time line, it is likely the EoP has attacked from above before, it actually is a high possibility that they will.

2. His anatomy is very similar to the P1s. Exposed areas around the neck area, and an open cavity in the chest. Or in the case of the P1s, lots of wires that can be sliced through. I don't think the strength of the metal makes a difference.

Not to mention the gap itself is much smaller, and covered more by the head, very hard to hit. Not to mention if they are kicking out the weakened ceiling pieces they will no longer have as much surprise.

And as far as I'm aware there is no such thing as Transparaphrik. :p I don't think they'd be made of glass either, they look simply like recesses were the photo receptors are housed. And the P1s have them at the forefront.

3. Dropping to one knee would leave their heads exposed though... stab em in the eyes! :D

The shield arm is not immobile, it can go up to block thrusts you know. :p

4. Wulluw and spy bugs and non-combatants. Again I never said anything about units specifics just were they are and were they are going, they are not stupid enough to be incapable of recognizing the enemy as the enemy.

How many will they have though?

Again, answer the question regarding how much the EoP will know about the Dark Troopers. The fact they were an extremely Top Secret project could vitally change how this all goes down.

"I expect the the EoP could find out about Felucia and Mechis by joining, however getting a Killik to talk will prove a lot more difficult. Though considering they still have a portion of their fleet left they could find out by tracing transports...

If the IDD captures a joiner or any units from the EoP, it is very, EXTREMELY likely they will know all that they know. Jerec's ability to rip information from even the most well defended minds is among his strongest abilities, meaning if they capture a Joiner, Jerec's mind would go against Lomi Plo's for the information. A contest of wills I would highly wager Jerec would win.

Mechis III considering the environment is less vulnerable to attack unless they dedicate a large portion of their troops, which they aren't really in a position to do. But as I said before with Felucia all they'd need to do is load up a small vessel with some viruses then release them into the wild. Soon enough the zombies will come knocking.

What will carry it? If the LoT leaves orbit they might as well have handed the IDD victory due to all of the pent up reinforcements...

Or alternatively, get a few Mollom, tunnel into the base and infect one of the workers. Zombie outbreak! "[/Quote]

While that is possible on Felucia, I wonder, who are they joining for the information? One of the 4 IDD personal on Taris? :p One of the people on the IDD fleet? Blaster bolts say hi. The idea of joining revealing the locations is a good one, but the actual execution of it is nearly impossible. On the other hand, Jerec already knows due to his character's history about Byss and the Bioweapon Division. With the reports from what happened on the Vindicators, Jerec would send Trench a holo-message directing him to deal with Byss, and to get that plague in a secured capsule to Taris for them to use against the EoP hordes.

Edited by Silenceo

Again, answer the question regarding how much the EoP will know about the Dark Troopers. The fact they were an extremely Top Secret project could vitally change how this all goes down.

1. Aside from the whole thing. :jawa_wink:

2. This is true, though note this will only remove the element of surprise.

3. That is a point... but if they managed to land on its back. KAPOW!

Honestly the force of a falling Killik will probably cause them to fall over in most cases.

4. But that leaves its chest exposed! KAPOW!

5. They are quite small, so probably a hundred or so. The spy bugs will just keeping coming in though.

Didn't realise it was a question, pretty much nothing I suspect, except that they are droids, they have no reason to.

While that is possible on Felucia, I wonder, who are they joining for the information? One of the 4 IDD personal on Taris? :p One of the people on the IDD fleet? Blaster bolts say hi. The idea of joining revealing the locations is a good one, but the actual execution of it is nearly impossible. On the other hand, Jerec already knows due to his character's history about Byss and the Bioweapon Division. With the reports from what happened on the Vindicators, Jerec would send Trench a holo-message directing him to deal with Byss, and to get that plague in a secured capsule to Taris for them to use against the EoP hordes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yorik-vec_assault_cruiser

They can carry it, I highly doubt the EoP would have fielded its entire fighter force in the battle.

I also assumed they'd seize the opportunity to join with naval officers during the space invasion. Or otherwise intercept transports manned by said officers or Commerce Guild employers as they try and approach the planet.

I don't know about securing the plague however, I'm sure they'd destroy it before you could get your hands on it.

1. Aside from the whole thing. :jawa_wink:

If I recall correctly from KOTOR, there were very few of those large chambers, and almost all of it was the small hallways with the small offshoot rooms.

2. This is true, though note this will only remove the element of surprise.

Surprise was the entire reason that tactic was lethal.

3. That is a point... but if they managed to land on its back. KAPOW!

Honestly the force of a falling Killik will probably cause them to fall over in most cases.

As for the knocking of the droid, yes, and the Kilik likely as well. Difference is that the droid is among others of its kind.

4. But that leaves its chest exposed! KAPOW!

:rolleyes: They will likely block most blows Beni, not to mention the chest itself is Phrik frame, so even then...a bit more durable than its wires. ;)

5. They are quite small, so probably a hundred or so. The spy bugs will just keeping coming in though.

Not really an advantage though, considering the Lower City probably already has a surveillance system installed. Not to mention whenever EoP forces are sighted those Lower City citizens or thugs that see them will panic and call the IDD. :rolleyes: Won't always respond, but hey, it does help sometimes.

Didn't realise it was a question, pretty much nothing I suspect, except that they are droids, they have no reason to.

If they know nothing except that they are droids...that could cause early heavy casualties you realize? Approaching a Dark Trooper like they are just another droid is...almost suicide to say the least...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yorik-vec_assault_cruiser

I still believe that relatively soon into the battle the IDD fleet will take out Byss and take the plague, before moving to assault the LoT. If it is close above the planet, execute the drop and kill strategy. If it is in space, use what was learned previously to take it out. Perhaps load a few missiles with the plague and observe the effect on such a vessel... Much easier to take down if it is also fighting off such a strong infection. :jawa_evil:

That done, the IDD would have space superiority and be able to reinforce its positions much better.

Even if they opt to not engage the LoT, they could still run the "blockade" to deliver supplies.

They can carry it, I highly doubt the EoP would have fielded its entire fighter force in the battle.

You made it sound very much like they had. Considering it was a long drawn out battle with them being forced to constantly reinforce their forces with the docked ships.

I also assumed they'd seize the opportunity to join with naval officers during the space invasion. Or otherwise intercept transports manned by said officers or Commerce Guild employers as they try and approach the planet.

I highly doubt that would work. How would they even know the route of the transports? They have no intelligence agency. Not to mention as previously discussed the IDD space units all are faster than the Vong ships. Not to mention not exactly stealth approach.

I don't know about securing the plague however, I'm sure they'd destroy it before you could get your hands on it.

You would be amazed at how effective a blaster cannon or several in your face can be at persuading ones self to hand something over. Considering they had not yet been offered a chance to defect, *or at the least right before the forces landed and busted into the lab, not enough time to join.* it is likely the plague will not be destroyed. Such types rarely want to completely destroy their work...

If they know nothing except that they are droids...that could cause early heavy casualties you realize? Approaching a Dark Trooper like they are just another droid is...almost suicide to say the least...
1. Every hallway lead into a chamber, some had tall ceilings.

2. Which is why they will die the first few times. As Star pointed out Killiks were very difficult to predict. Nonetheless even if the attack does not kill instantly the Killiks remain in a position to fight in close quarters combat.

3. As I said, so will the Killik, they break up the ranks with a swarm.

4. My point is that the shield doesn't cover the whole body, you can shimmy it around all you like but you'll only leave another part exposed, if this were 1 v 1 then sure, but we are talking more than 3 vs 1, they can't block every attack.

And remember, all they have to do is cut the power cables.

5. Yeah... I doubt it does, certainly not one the EoP can tap into. Again this is not Fort Knox or something. And yeah, the key thing about spying is not to be seen...

6. Doesn't matter if they know or not. The Killiks will attack everyone in the same way, swarm, swarm, swarm. As for the Phrik and the like, remember the hive mind, one encounter is all they'll need. And all those collective encounters will be absorbed into the hive until the Killiks will know the enemy capabilities inside and out.

You would be amazed at how effective a blaster cannon or several in your face can be at persuading ones self to hand something over. Considering they had not yet been offered a chance to defect, *or at the least right before the forces landed and busted into the lab, not enough time to join.* it is likely the plague will not be destroyed. Such types rarely want to completely destroy their work...
1. As I said before, Byss is a long way from Taris, nobody is getting there and back fast.

And taking out the LoT will cause it to crash into the city, bare that in mind.

2. They have 1,900 fighters, field that many fighters and they'd crash into each other. On top of that once Lomi released the deadliness of the enemy point defenses, I expect she pulled her fighters back.

Nonetheless they always have supplier transports to fall back on, those will just be unarmed.

3. I'm talking about when or if they drop out of hyperspace above Taris and try and evade the LoT.

4. I'm talking about before they arrive, nobody wants a blaster cannon to their face, as soon as they get a sniff of the enemy they'll start evacuating the facility and will go about destroying the virus and the lab itself in the process. In fact I expect this is standard Imperial procedure for any facility holding important Imperial assets.

At the very least, they'll wipe all the data, giving the IDD no idea how to use the virus. And yes it always comes as a surprise when the bad guys abandon their base and destroy/wipe everything, but they always do it, every time.

Edited by Beniboybling

Honestly, I don't think the EoP is going to go for standard warfare (as standard as Killiks can be, at least). I think the point that Lomi Plo would go straight for Jerec is a valid one. She would most likely attempt to use the primary force as a distraction while she and a force of Killiks tunnel towards the IDD HQ.

This Kaggath has gone on longer than I expected. Thank you Beni for arguing for my faction. Unfortunately, a combination of real life commitments, lack of motivation, and overall unhappiness with the way things have gone this Kaggath will probably keep me away for this weekend, which I assume will be the time during which it is called.

1. Every hallway lead into a chamber, some had tall ceilings.

2. Which is why they will die the first few times. As Star pointed out Killiks were very difficult to predict. Nonetheless even if the attack does not kill instantly the Killiks remain in a position to fight in close quarters combat.

3. As I said, so will the Killik, they break up the ranks with a swarm.

It will almost certainly not be broken by being hit from the front. Even the ventilation flanking is limited in effectiveness. The amount of EoP forces required to overcome the IDD patrol in such confined spaces with a Phalanx already set up, would be grossly out of proportion and even then enough time for IDD reinforcements.

4. My point is that the shield doesn't cover the whole body, you can shimmy it around all you like but you'll only leave another part exposed, if this were 1 v 1 then sure, but we are talking more than 3 vs 1, they can't block every attack.

And remember, all they have to do is cut the power cables.

True about the cables, but due to the Phalanx most of those are actually defended. As for the 3 vs 1, that is the glory of such a strong defense, because they actually CAN. It will, due to the space confines, the size of the defender, size of attack, ect, no more than 2 maybe kiliks can attack the same PI without getting in each others way. Not to mention spears are terrible cutting weapons. Try to stab a hanging cable that is constantly moving, it is quite frustrating, even if both ends are secured. Nor do the Kiliks have time to try and play it safe due to the PII's opening fire on them from the rear. This is where the rear and above flanking comes in, but due to how many can deploy from above at a time, as well as if they opened more it would lose the surprise due to the noise, it is quite likely they will be taken care of relatively quickly. Also, how many would be flanking? I assume less than is in front. As for those coming from the rear, I refer to the previously mentioned survaliance system/cameras that are likely installed across the Lower City for security purposes. IG-88 is constantly the "hub" for the mechanical operation of lifts and such for the IDD, and would likely monitor the cameras as well. If he notices a force coming up behind the patrols, it is only a short signal away. Then the PII's turn around and unleash their rounds uninhibited by PI's being in front of them any more.

5. Yeah... I doubt it does, certainly not one the EoP can tap into. Again this is not Fort Knox or something. And yeah, the key thing about spying is not to be seen...

Most of the units you recommend for spying, are not meant or built, or even trained for spying. As for the "Spy Bug" haven't really heard of that one, though I assume it is from the Vong? They do seem to be supplying quite a lot in such a small time frame...Just saying...

6. Doesn't matter if they know or not. The Killiks will attack everyone in the same way, swarm, swarm, swarm. As for the Phrik and the like, remember the hive mind, one encounter is all they'll need. And all those collective encounters will be absorbed into the hive until the Killiks will know the enemy capabilities inside and out.

As was mentioned by others, merely trying to just swarm the IDD soldiers just will not work in the end because of how much firepower and defense they have. Not to mention the terrain favors quality over quantity. They will not know the limits of Phrik until they eventually actually destroy a bit of it, which if they do not know its limits, can take quite a while to find... Though, their melee weapons uselessly bouncing off of the armor might startle them the first time.