The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

If that were to happen then I have no doubt it would be game over for the EoP. Also since the Vulkars were almost entirely aliens they would be immune to the rakghoul virus by default. As well they were one of the strongest swoop gangs on the planet.

Backdoor + immunity + droids = $$$$$

*In the safety of the IDD HeadQuarters*

Jerec: Black Vulkars, I propose you grant us access to your base, more specifically, the entrance to the sewers. These city blue prints indicate that such a strike with my troops would allow the Rakghoul threat to be ended, once and for all.

Black Vulkars Leader: What do we get in exchange?

Jerec: Your entire planet is not over run with monsters, and we shall, in thanks, provide you with a large credit compensation.

Black Vulkars Leader: Deal.

*IDD forces deploy*

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conscription probably would be highly effective. People's homes are being endangered, and when that a lot of people will want to defend it, no matter how terrible it might be. The Lower City could easily turn into a protracted guerilla conflict between the EoP and certain gangs, some supplied by the IDD. In this case the advantage of numbers is gone. Hit and runs, backdoor raiding, lift sabotage, anything that could slow down or hinder the virus.

Conscription probably would be highly effective. People's homes are being endangered, and when that a lot of people will want to defend it, no matter how terrible it might be. The Lower City could easily turn into a protracted guerilla conflict between the EoP and certain gangs, some supplied by the IDD. In this case the advantage of numbers is gone. Hit and runs, backdoor raiding, lift sabotage, anything that could slow down or hinder the virus.

Correct, however, as was previously stated all lifts not controlled by the IDD or their allies will be shut down already, meaning that the IDD directly controls the flow of movement between the levels.

Side Note: If drop pods begin landing in the Upper/Middle city, then it is then likely that the vehicles will be deployed to deal with them since they are unable to participate in the Lower City.

After Thought: Concripts supported by such heavy firepower in the Upper/Middle City would likely be able to drive off most of the invaders, unless they are of the more elite category. Just remember, Enforcers take up most of the walk way and one of their defining characteristics was to run over its enemies. *The conscripts would either be on its treads of following it.*

Edited by Silenceo

I have to admit though joining with suppliers is a stroke of genius, no comment. :p

Not really.

It's EXACTLY the same as a Force User capturing one, mind tricking into giving the order to defect and saying "Yeh, you can't go back now 'cause they'd think you're too weak to lead." and Blackmail them into staying.

Joining requires capturing them, and even then they'd have to "Join" a lot of them, becoming a Joiner is very obvious, which would mean they probably are no longer respected as a leader.

If that were to happen then I have no doubt it would be game over for the EoP. Also since the Vulkars were almost entirely aliens they would be immune to the rakghoul virus by default. As well they were one of the strongest swoop gangs on the planet.

Backdoor + immunity + droids = $$$$$

The Talisman didn't work on Force-sensitives and non-humans, but the if the virus was transmitted through a scratch and a bite the inflicted would succumb, regardless of who they where.

That and they can any Rakghoul that manages to bite you will probably be able to kill you anyway. :p

But yeah if they can get there fast enough, before the EoP discovers this entrance... but remember several of the viruses the EoP uses - including I believe the Rakghoul virus, has the capability of absorbing knowledge.

Which means the EoP are rapidly going to become very familiar with their environment.

Correct, however, as was previously stated all lifts not controlled by the IDD or their allies will be shut down already, meaning that the IDD directly controls the flow of movement between the levels.

Side Note: If drop pods begin landing in the Upper/Middle city, then it is then likely that the vehicles will be deployed to deal with them since they are unable to participate in the Lower City.

What is to stop the Upper City's defense from shooting them out of the sky?

What is to stop the Upper City's defense from shooting them out of the sky?

It likely would shoot down many of them, but I figured at least a few would get through, which the heavy weapons would take care of rather quickly. *Enforcer merely runs over all enemies, or forces them off of the level by running them off the platform. :jawa_evil: *

The Talisman didn't work on Force-sensitives and non-humans, but the if the virus was transmitted through a scratch and a bite the inflicted would succumb, regardless of who they where.

That and they can any Rakghoul that manages to bite you will probably be able to kill you anyway. :p

But yeah if they can get there fast enough, before the EoP discovers this entrance... but remember several of the viruses the EoP uses - including I believe the Rakghoul virus, has the capability of absorbing knowledge.

Which means the EoP are rapidly going to become very familiar with their environment.

It would still take six to forty-eight hours before they were completely gone, and the Upper City does have the cure.

The Rakghoul Virus does not absorb knowledge, and it only seems that those that are changed due to the talisman retain skills they previously had. No knowledge, just pewpewing.

It would still take six to forty-eight hours before they were completely gone, and the Upper City does have the cure.

The Rakghoul Virus does not absorb knowledge, and it only seems that those that are changed due to the talisman retain skills they previously had. No knowledge, just pewpewing.

It was the Blackwing that had the absorbing knowledge portion.

including I believe the Rakghoul virus, has the capability of absorbing knowledge.

What?

Rackghouls were idiots, they couldn't climb fences ffs, all they wanted was meat.

The only self aware one was 171A, because it's a force sensitive, force driven Virus, Virus' that are actually scientifically created won't be able to absorb knowledge.

None of Warrens virus, except the one that's basically her faction committing Suicide, can absorb Knowledge, at least, to my knowledge :p

What?

Rackghouls were idiots, they couldn't climb fences ffs, all they wanted was meat.

The only self aware one was 171A, because it's a force sensitive, force driven Virus, Virus' that are actually scientifically created won't be able to absorb knowledge.

None of Warrens virus, except the one that's basically her faction committing Suicide, can absorb Knowledge, at least, to my knowledge :p

If that virus was used on the Black Vulkars, then its GG. That is right at the EoP's door step. And due to the previously mentioned fortifying of the lifts and upper levels... Zombie feeding time in the sewers? :d_grin:

If the Black Vulkars are merely dead or converted, then it might take longer for the IDD to find out about the entrance *blue prints while searching for a way down* but they would eventually find it still.

Side Note: While the Black Vulkars hated authorities, they might just realize they need their help, and they just might have the most strategically important point for the IDD to take control of. Think of it like this, that base would be fortified heavily by the IDD due to that entrance if it was discovered, and the Black Vulkars would essentially be the most protected and safe group on the entire planet other than the IDD's own head quarters.

Edited by Silenceo

Alright in Warren's absence I'd like to draw to attention to particular piece of useful Vong tech.

Damutek: organic buildings that can be launched from orbit, effectively a deployable pop-up base. With this the enemy can establish a foothold in the Uppercity and launch attacks from these locations.

Alright in Warren's absence I'd like to draw to attention to particular piece of useful Vong tech.

Damutek: organic buildings that can be launched from orbit, effectively a deployable pop-up base. With this the enemy can establish a foothold in the Uppercity and launch attacks from these locations.

LoT isn't confirmed to have any of those, wouldn't happen.

Also, that's technically Orbital Bombardment, as it'd destroy anything it lands on.

That's like me saying

"Ok, In Silenceo's absence:

Bomb: Lands on a planet and creates a large crater in which to create a Base of Operations"

While the Enforcers would likely deal with the drop pods, for these things, I point to the Spider Droids.

They have long range precision lasers they could use to just zap it from long range, no matter which part of the upper city it lands on.

Yeh just to add to my previous post, these things splurted out Acid and melted things in a large radius around them.

Orbital Bombardment.

Also, that's technically Orbital Bombardment, as it'd destroy anything it lands on.

That's like me saying

Bomb: Lands on a planet and creates a large crater in which to create a Base of Operations"

Jerec Supports this message.

Edited by Silenceo

What?

Yeah sorry I misread. :p

But there are joiners though, I expect they will join with lots of the population just to acquire knowledge.

Edited by Beniboybling

lot isn't confirmed to have any of those, wouldn't happen.

Also, that's technically orbital bombardment, as it'd destroy anything it lands on.

That's like me saying

"ok, in silenceo's absence:

Bomb: Lands on a planet and creates a large crater in which to create a base of operations"

lol! :D

As for the LoT staying in such a close orbit, wouldn't that be...a BAD idea for the EoP? Granted it isn't heavy stuff, but that would put it in range of the ground defenses which while light compared to it, would still be able to nibble on it. If the Fleet were to come in as well the ship would be unable to move much. Though, I do wonder if the fleet has enough tractor beams left to stop/slow its immediate fall so that they can evac those beneath it.

Idea: If the LoT is right over the battle ground, the fleet engages and everything bellow evacuates well beyond the radius the Flagship would crash into. All that needs to be destroyed, are the dovin basals. That done, it plummets downward crushing Lomi and Muur, winning the day for the IDD. :d_cool:

As for the LoT staying in such a close orbit, wouldn't that be...a BAD idea for the EoP? Granted it isn't heavy stuff, but that would put it in range of the ground defenses which while light compared to it, would still be able to nibble on it. If the Fleet were to come in as well the ship would be unable to move much. Though, I do wonder if the fleet has enough tractor beams left to stop/slow its immediate fall so that they can evac those beneath it.

Idea: If the LoT is right over the battle ground, the fleet engages and everything bellow evacuates well beyond the radius the Flagship would crash into. All that needs to be destroyed, are the dovin basals. That done, it plummets downward crushing Lomi and Muur, winning the day for the IDD. :d_cool:

That's..... actually a valid scenario. GG :D

Yeah sorry I misread. :p

But there are joiners though, I expect they will join with lots of the population just to acquire knowledge.

With the Rakghoul plague unleashed the only Joiners would be aliens, but even then the whole Joining process would take time. The Killiks would have to capture, pheromone rape, and what not to make the process complete. The key issue for that would again be time, which if the BV join the IDD the EoP doesn't have.

That's like me saying

Yeah actually know I think about it they could just land than on the IDD's BOE. :p

OK, replace that argument with drops pods are deployed into several skycrapers, which then deploy EoP troops who set the skyscrapers up as BOEs. They might be capable of using some kind of vongforming technique, or Killik technique to reinforce these buildings with organic matter, I am sure that both races had this power.

So yeah, far less destructive but still effective.