The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's ridiculous...

But that's a fair point, are those turrets that were in place to kill Rakghouls still there?

I know! An advantage to the EoP... god forbid. :p

Turrets? I don't remember. But yeah any automated defenses will still be present?

Edited by Beniboybling

I do wonder though how far you all think Jerec's "dark cloud" can expand if he meditates for hours on end within the safety of their deeply entrenched HQ? *I also wonder what effect that would have between Muur and his creations he is attempting to mind control if they entered the cloud...?*

There wouldn't be any effect. Muur is controlling the Rakghouls by using the Muur talisman, an object of extreme Dark Side power. We have never, ever seen another Sith Lord control Rakghouls without this talisman, including the dozens of Sith who fought the Rakghouls on Taris in SWTOR. Try as he might, Jerec will be unable to influence the Rakghouls.

Edited by Warren-Stride

After Thought: What is everyone's thoughts on the Commerce Guild and the Arkayd Industries combined efforts to produce additional Dark Troopers/units a bit faster than they usually would? *Commerce guild is spread across the galaxy, any Phrik deposits would benefit the IDD* (The Arkayd Industries has control of Mechis III which is an entire planet of droid producing factories.)

I am confused on how you are producing Dark Troopers. Your supplier, nor your organization can provide those. Neither has made them before. You do not have the schematics to do so. Without the Arc Hammer, you have no way to produce more.

Lower City was cramped with little breathing room and lots of very tense, very armed people. The buildings didn't have much security on the payroll, but, the Exchange and other criminal enterprises would likely keep response teams on hand, if they had paid their protection money.

This is a boon to the AiR. Rakghouls under the command of the Muur's talisman retain their original skills and capabilities, meaning that any criminal elements that are turned (which they will be) will be able to wield blasters, grenades, and the rest.

Joining these organizations could also be helpful, as their knowledge of the city would be absorbed into the hive mind and essentially give the AiR a home-field advantage.

I am confused on how you are producing Dark Troopers. Your supplier, nor your organization can provide those. Neither has made them before. You do not have the schematics to do so. Without the Arc Hammer, you have no way to produce more.
The supplier doesn't need to be capable of making the specific model, only the class - in this case battle droids, and it must have a factory that is capable of building said class. Basically it works the same way as with vehicles.

And yeah basically they'd have the schematics, give them to Arakyd, and have Arakyd produce them. RL explanation.

The supplier doesn't need to be capable of making the specific model, only the class - in this case battle droids, and it must have a factory that is capable of building said class. Basically it works the same way as with vehicles.

And yeah basically they'd have the schematics, give them to Arakyd, and have Arakyd produce them. RL explanation.

Alright. I remember the whole Mon Calamari battle cruiser thing from last time was similar to this.

Though I would still make the argument that you can't pump these off an assembly line like B1s. Very few Dark Troopers were ever made, and none of them were used in combat more than on one occasion. They were not mass produced, meaning that the strategy behind them was obviously one of quality over quantity. I doubt many of them could be created and sent back in time to be effective reinforcements.

If it really is such a stretch for him to have already known, then just use his mental abilities to explain it. A EoP squad tries to kill him as he first lands on the planet, they are subdued and Jerec rips the information from their mind...problem solved. Jerec was completely obsessed with knowledge, he sought the Valley of the Jedi not entirely for its power itself, but more so that he would have unlimited knowledge. He is a Dark Side Scholar to the extreme.

I don't think the Head of State is allowed to leave the battleground planet.

So let's talk about suppliers.

My supplier is the Vong Shapers. They are based on Wayland. Interestingly enough, Wayland and Taris are neighbors, They're in the same sector, the Ojoster sector, on the outer rim.

This means that the time for AiR reinforcements is a FRACTION of the time it will take the IDD backup to arrive all the way from the Inner Rim. And, with space superiority, the AiR reinforcements will be able to set upon the IDD immediately and without issue.

The Vong Shapers can supply the AiR with a couple useful units. The fire breathers would blast IDD troops with gelatinous flame, melting the innards of the Dark Troopers. They are particularly good at destroying enemy fortifications. Blast bugs act as guided missiles for the AiR, allowing them some long-range artillery to take care of IDD vehicles. Huun is a type of powerful nerve gas that would be excellent for eliminating IDD leaderships.

With these new weapons, the IDD will be caught in the middle, between the firebreathers and blast bugs on the surface and rakghouls and killiks below. They will be flanked and their defense will suffer for it.

On the other hand, the IDD suppliers may reconsider their allegiance once they are Joined.

This all assumes the I.D.D loses the space battle.

All but the Legacy of Torment for the EoP was destroyed, and the IDD lost most of its fleet, but Trench and a the flagship and an unspecified amount of other ships survived and retreated. LoT OP. :p (meant in jest...)

Then the I.D.D won as far as I can tell, destroying the LoT should be fairly easy on it's own, it's weaknesses are many.

They only retreated due to the fact Trench was unprepared for its firepower, and he still has ships left, and knows the Vong weaknesses now, so it is likely after some repairs on Mechis III, that he will return and light it up, or simply use his ships faster speeds to easily blockade run.

If in the last round the RR could get to Kuat and still have time to return to the field, then I am sure they have time to go to Mechis, pick up all of the fresh reinforcements, drop them as they jump in system, and engage the LoT again, this time, knowing its capabilities.

*after, of course, they visit Byss, which is in the same neighborhood as Mechis III with their reinforcements*

Side Note: Just wanted to point out that both Mechis and Taris are on trade routes which would likely streamline the travel.

CLARIFICATION: When I mentioned the squad attacking Jerec as he landed, I meant on Taris. I still believe he was high up and connected well enough to know about the Biological division...

Edited by Silenceo

41 to 42? So close... I should have pushed another few items... *sigh* oh well, at least if it was that close, it is still possible for the remainders of the fleet to return for round 2: The Boss Fight. :D
Yeah, but they probably would have been countered, it was neck and neck the whole way through.

Indeed. :p My intial thoughts would be a hyperspace jump kamikaze run.

And surely the Commerce Guild can acquire some explosives?

LoT OP. :p (meant in jest...)
:jawa_evil: Edited by Beniboybling

Looking at the strategies put forth, I feel like this will be a war of attrition, and I feel that the EoP has the advantage in that sense. They have a massive manpool to use through their usage of the Rakghoul Plague. They already have the native rakghouls to use, now they have a population of 6 Billion to use for the horde. It is only a matter of time before the weight of numbers eventually grinds the I.D.D down.

So the I.D.D needs to prevent a war of attrition from happening if they want to have a stronger chance of winning.

Yeah, but they probably would have been countered, it was neck and neck the whole way through.

Indeed. :p My intial thoughts would be a hyperspace jump kamikaze run.

And surely the Commerce Guild can acquire some explosives?

:jawa_evil:

Hard to use those reactive shields when they don't even know its coming. :jawa_evil: Besides, the Commerce Guild has experience blowing up large areas of mass. They do strip mine planets for a living. :d_wink:

Side Note: They will be needing more than just a large horde of Rakghouls Aurbere, the entire Taris cityscape was designed to keep those in the lower levels down below, and during KoToR I couldn't help but notice the Upper City Citizens seemed to not even think the Rakghouls a threat, and their lifts were quite...armed...

Edited by Silenceo

Side Note: They will be needing more than just a large horde of Rakghouls Aurbere, the entire Taris cityscape was designed to keep those in the lower levels down below, and during KoToR I couldn't help but notice the Upper City Citizens seemed to not even think the Rakghouls a threat, and their lifts were quite...armed...

They got that covered with the rest of that army.

So let's talk about suppliers.

My supplier is the Vong Shapers. They are based on Wayland. Interestingly enough, Wayland and Taris are neighbors, They're in the same sector, the Ojoster sector, on the outer rim.

This means that the time for AiR reinforcements is a FRACTION of the time it will take the IDD backup to arrive all the way from the Inner Rim. And, with space superiority, the AiR reinforcements will be able to set upon the IDD immediately and without issue.

The Vong Shapers can supply the AiR with a couple useful units. The fire breathers would blast IDD troops with gelatinous flame, melting the innards of the Dark Troopers. They are particularly good at destroying enemy fortifications. Blast bugs act as guided missiles for the AiR, allowing them some long-range artillery to take care of IDD vehicles. Huun is a type of powerful nerve gas that would be excellent for eliminating IDD leaderships.

With these new weapons, the IDD will be caught in the middle, between the firebreathers and blast bugs on the surface and rakghouls and killiks below. They will be flanked and their defense will suffer for it.

On the other hand, the IDD suppliers may reconsider their allegiance once they are Joined.

Going to throw in some points for the IDD here.

1. While it is true that the Vong shapers have the advantage of range, it also makes them vulnerable to attack. The IDD could always send one its remaining cruisers (I expect they have but a handful i.e. 3 to 5) to Wayland and deploy some drop pods. That's one thing that should be noted folks. The Dark Troopers will come with their hyperspace capsules which as the name suggests can travel through hyperspace, so they wouldn't even have to put a cruiser in harms way.

2. Phase IIs and I believe Phase IIIs are equipped with jump packs which allows them to "jump" into the air for a brief, this could be used to evade the firebreathers and jump twice as high as them, allowing them to bombard from above with heavy weaponry such as grenades, missile launchers and assault cannons.

The vehicles are from more vulnerable, but they can shoot at high/aerial targets.

I have to admit though joining with suppliers is a stroke of genius, no comment. :p

How would the kiliks get to either of the suppliers however? All that is left is the Legacy of Torment, and without it above Taris, it is likely that the IDD could have an influx of Dark Trooper reinforcements. Not to mention as was mentioned for Byss, previous planet defenses are in place. Mechis III would be a fools erand for the EoP to try to invade without at least half of its force, it would likely have quite a bit of automated defenses.

As for Felucia, that one is more likely, but still iffy due to such an aggressive environment/force nexus. Probably wont do much, but the EoP forces would have to land somewhere. *imagines a bull rancor or the Felucian natives happening upon a Kilik patrol...*

Don't underestimate the Rakghouls, it will be the last thing you do. :rak_06:

Seriously though, lets do a bit of rough math for a moment. Lets assume 1 P1 can be taken down by 5 Rakghouls, 1 P2 by 15 Rakghouls and a P3 by 50 Rakghouls. That means they'd need roughly 6,800 Rakghouls to overwhelm your dark troopers in a head to head assault. We have a population of 6 billion here, it will not be hard for the Empire of Plagues to round up civilians by the thousands and transform them into Rakghouls, achieving that no. will not be difficult.

Sure we have to consider other units and off course strategy, but that applies for both sides. The point here is that they can rapidly create an army of Rakghouls that could overwhelm the dark troopers head on.

That is something to be concerned about.

That is why the IDD can't afford to proceed at a slow but steady pace, eventually, if left unstopped, the entire population could be assimilated. Yes it would take a heck of a long time, but the important thing to take away from this is that the Empire of Plagues' army is potential infinite, the IDD need to strike hard and fast and finish their opponent before they're numbers grow to large. They need to reach right into the belly of the beast and tear out is beating heart!

How would the kiliks get to either of the suppliers however? All that is left is the Legacy of Torment, and without it above Taris, it is likely that the IDD could have an influx of Dark Trooper reinforcements. Not to mention as was mentioned for Byss, previous planet defenses are in place. Mechis III would be a fools erand for the EoP to try to invade without at least half of its force, it would likely have quite a bit of automated defenses.

As for Felucia, that one is more likely, but still iffy due to such an aggressive environment/force nexus. Probably wont do much, but the EoP forces would have to land somewhere. *imagines a bull rancor or the Felucian natives happening upon a Kilik patrol...*

They still have access to basic transports, ship from supplier to battleground. Unprotected yes but they do the job.

With the Rakghoul army they might be able to afford to divert some Killik forces.

Possible that the Gobindi virus could be released on Felucia, and let it take its course. Or the Blackwing virus for that matter, probably both, stir up the natives, imagine zombie Felucians and zombie bull rancors. :p