Class starship as a starship to be used by a group in GSF

Hermetist

Class ship is considerably larger than usual starfighter-class vessel and it should have a wide array of systems and weapons and they should be a slightly more powerful themselves - plain logics says that it's just has more power and space for them (extreme, but clear example of this is comparison between the weapons and systems of the starfighter and destroyer).

As the game shows us, this kind of ships requires more than one crew member to operate - a whole team. Based on this, I suggest the following:

1) Possibility to use those starships in GSF.

2) Those ships are intended for a group queuing only.

3) One of the team members can be a pilot (movement, maneuvering and shields), three others a gunmen - on weapon systems (two primary weapons and secondary weapon).

4) If the ship is destroyed, all four players get dead and can either use this ship (only all four together) or each take usual starfighter and fly it as usual.

5) If one of the gunmen makes a kill or assist, it counts for him only, not for all - after all, he made it.

6) Achievements based on movement and positioning should count for a pilot only - he moves the ship.

7) Requisition gains should be equal for all team members and be based with some factor (around 1/4-1/3) on total effectiveness of the ship (total kills, assists etc.)

8) Usual PvE space missions will be still fully functional under this system.

What sense I see in this, just on sight:

1) It encourages teamplay and command interaction, especially in guilds.

2) It can give an edge to a people who are better in one aspect of the action and worse in other. No frustration anymore, at least in this fashion.

3) It is another wide layer of tactics in GSF.

What would this suggestion shall also require to implement is a complete overhaul of personal starship - instead of primitive, just formal upgrades which are it's current state, it would require a complete and functional GSF-like statistics set. Also, it would make a voice interaction necessary to a teammates, due to a much more intense mutual dependence from each other's actions.

Your idea, while cool and fun-sounding, really goes way beyond the scope of GSF. They'd essentially be creating an entirely new minigame equal in scope to the original GSF. It is not going to be a reality in SWTOR except maybe way in the future.

The kind of things you're talking about ARE however a reality in a bunch of new games coming out, such as Star Citizen. I suggest you take a look at those games to get your multi-crew ship needs fulfilled.

The kind of things you're talking about ARE however a reality in a bunch of new games coming out, such as Star Citizen. I suggest you take a look at those games to get your multi-crew ship needs fulfilled.

Star Citizen FOR THE WIN!!!!! :) Guns of Icarus does a good job with 4 people on one blimp - give that a go too. Lotta fun, and it's what Pylan and I are using to prep for practice in my Constellation