Ancient Probe (Hoth)

Tylantia

This roaming champ mob is still broke, nothing spawning (Red Eclipse server). I read on google it has a 30min spawn time IF it even works, which I find rediculous in any case.

Can't really do things, if they are broke now can we. :mad:

If you are standing in one place looking for the probe droid, chances are high that someone else encountered it before it got to you. It works best with multiple people scouting along the droid's path to find it. It patrols in a huge circle.

Despite the crayon drawings and the age, this guide: https://free-info-pages.com/swtor-republic-datacrons/hoth/4-strength.html was extremely accurate for me when I did this holocron.

If you are standing in one place looking for the probe droid, chances are high that someone else encountered it before it got to you. It works best with multiple people scouting along the droid's path to find it. It patrols in a huge circle.

Despite the crayon drawings and the age, this guide: https://free-info-pages.com/swtor-republic-datacrons/hoth/4-strength.html was extremely accurate for me when I did this holocron.

Pretty much this. Whenever I'm grouped with a guildie and questing on Hoth we head for this mob just in case, to kill it multiple times (depends how many people are in the group). Haven't had trouble finding it yet, even if it includes switching instances. We just split up, move along its path and usually find it pretty fast. I'm on TRE server as well, by the way. :)

• 1 year later...

Took me a while to find the Ancient Probe on my own. Fortunately it's now only level 42, which is also the level you're scaled down to if you're above.

Killed it on my first attempt as healer with DPS companion, remember to get out of the AoE and you probably won't even have to heal yourself.