AFK then logged out - while playing!

i--robot

As the title suggests, last night I was stripping mods from one set of armour and putting them into another and while I was doing so I saw the message "you are now away from your keyboard". I just ignored it and carried on upgrading when all of a sudden a couple of seconds later I was taken to the login screen. Upon logging back in all was fine but what was that all about?

And before anyone says it, no, I didn't take a break or anything. I was actually clicking mods at the time.

It's done that to me quite a few times when I am looking over the guild roster and making adjustments or when I am checking the guild bank or the Global Trade Network for items. The game for some reason checks if your physically moving and not if your scrolling around with your mouse button for some reason. Well at least from my perspective atleast.

The game for some reason checks if your physically moving and not if your scrolling around with your mouse button for some reason.

Chatting in the chat and using abilities while stationary will also prevent you from going AFK. They are the only thing I know that can prevent you from going AFK while standing still.

Edited by Bstr

As the title suggests, last night I was stripping mods from one set of armour and putting them into another and while I was doing so I saw the message "you are now away from your keyboard". I just ignored it and carried on upgrading when all of a sudden a couple of seconds later I was taken to the login screen. Upon logging back in all was fine but what was that all about?

And before anyone says it, no, I didn't take a break or anything. I was actually clicking mods at the time.

Always been that way. And easy to mitigate on your end....... once every 10 minutes, hit your space bar which will jump your character and will prevent it.

Why does an MMO do this? To prevent people being inactive in game, yet logged in. Rather normal for MMOs actually. And in a few cases where it was not done (like with Aion at launch) when a server is facing a log-in queue... players will simply log in and never log out to avoid having to requeue. And yes.. I get that we have not seen login queues for some time now.. but none the less, it is why they timeout inactive players.