The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Installing game on a SSD

LeeLoou

I just put a solid state drive in my desktop as a slave drive. Could anyone tell me how to transfer the game to that drive and set it up so when I click on the game icon my pc can find the right path to get to the info? I did a search of the forums and it came up with nothing. Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

It's quite simple to be honest.

1 - Copy swtor's folder in your current drive to another folder inside the current drive;

2 - Uninstall the game completely from the current drive;

3 - Reinstall the game in the SSD and let the launcher download a couple of megabytes so it can create destination folders, directories, etc... then stop the download and close the launcher;

4 - Copy (or cut) that folder your copied in step #1 into the new folder in the SSD and allow it to replace all the files in there;

5 - Restart the launcher and when it logs, click on that "cog" icon on bottom left and perform a installation repair. It shall recognize all the files in there and just replace or re-download any missing one;

6 - When step #5 finishes, close the launcher completely and restart it;

7 - Log in and enjoy.

Note: If you have a customized UI, this might not delete the custom file, since it's created in another place deep in the computer's drive that usually disappears only after a drive's format.

This is what I do when I want to format my PC or just wanna change the game from drive to drive due to lack of space. I never had problems.

Of course I will not take responsibility if the game doesn't work properly after doing this, like I say, this is what I do and I have never had any problems so far.

It's worth a try, since in a worst case scenario, all you'll need to do is re-download the whole game.

This worked-"You should be able to just go to the new location and run launcher.exe, create a new shortcut to the desktop that should be all that is needed" I had already sent a copy from my C drive to the new drive so it was super easy. I guess I was just thinking past it and assuming it was gonna be a big deal.