The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Official Color Crystal Wishlist Thread

Seeing as BioWare has had a dry spell in their color crystal releases (plus various desired colors not making it in), I've decided to start up another wishlist thread. This is to show the team what kinds of crystal colors - and if possible, effects - players would like to see be added into the game. Color references (such as images) can help greatly.

To start off, here are some that I'd like to see.

• Cobalt - Slightly purple-ish blue. Single color crystal, with white core. (Preferably no darker than regular blue.)
  • Scarlet - Slightly orange-ish red. Single color crystal, with white core.
  • Aquamarine - Blue-ish green. Single color crystal, with white core.
  • Crimson - Slightly magenta-ish red. Single color crystal, with white core.
  • Lime - Single color crystal, with white core. (Currently part of a combo in the Lime-Green crystals.)
  • Pink - Single color crystal, with white core. (Currently part of a combo in the Pink-Purple and Pink-Magenta crystals.)
  • Silver - Single color crystal, with white core. (Currently part of a combo in the Silver-Blue crystals.) Although I'd also be interested in further -Silver color combos, as blue-silver looks fantastic.

Pink - Single color crystal, with white core.

This is already in the game and was even before the cartel market existed. If you are on the Harbinger server, send an email to Jennica (Republic) or Usajjaya (Imperial) to discuss a deal on pricing. (Although... I have the materials, but not the schematic because I was just getting started on crafting them when the pink-magenta showed up on test server and I was like arrrrgh... so buy me the schematic, and I'll craft the crystal free of charge (with Jennica, so if you make your request Imperial side, it will take some mailing back and forth). Let me know if you are interested). The only drawback is that being crafted crystals they are level 34 (or is it 37? I forget) and level 50, not level 10, and they are not unlockable in collections, you want two you need to buy two. The level 50 ones have the stats you are used to on the level 10 cartel crystals though. However, if you want the level 34/37/whatever crystal, those I do already have some power crystals crafted. Can sell those to you, or trade for one of the other stat schematics I don't have.

Here is a screenshot of Jennica with her pink crystal, white core....

http://www.absolutegroundzero.com/Images/jennicapinksaber.jpg

I personally think her lightsaber there is much nicer than the new pink-magenta cartel ones, which made me very very sad when they brought that out, since it means people that want the level 10 crystals with level 50 stats will no longer care about our crafted ones... except for those few like me who truly love the pink/white look these have. So, you posting that on your list made me happy, gives me hope that maybe I should look into getting the schematics and crafting them!!

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

This is already in the game and was even before the cartel market existed. If you are on the Harbinger server, send an email to Jennica (Republic) or Usajjaya (Imperial) to discuss a deal on pricing. (Although... I have the materials, but not the schematic because I was just getting started on crafting them when the pink-magenta showed up on test server and I was like arrrrgh... so buy me the schematic, and I'll craft the crystal free of charge (with Jennica, so if you make your request Imperial side, it will take some mailing back and forth). Let me know if you are interested). The only drawback is that being crafted crystals they are level 34 (or is it 37? I forget) and level 50, not level 10, and they are not unlockable in collections, you want two you need to buy two. The level 50 ones have the stats you are used to on the level 10 cartel crystals though. However, if you want the level 34/37/whatever crystal, those I do already have some power crystals crafted. Can sell those to you, or trade for one of the other stat schematics I don't have.

Here is a screenshot of Jennica with her pink crystal, white core....

http://www.absolutegroundzero.com/Images/jennicapinksaber.jpg

I personally think her lightsaber there is much nicer than the new pink-magenta cartel ones, which made me very very sad when they brought that out, since it means people that want the level 10 crystals with level 50 stats will no longer care about our crafted ones... except for those few like me who truly love the pink/white look these have. So, you posting that on your list made me happy, gives me hope that maybe I should look into getting the schematics and crafting them!!

I know about that one. That's the Magenta crystal. Passes well enough for pink, although there's a noticeable difference between them in the pink-magenta crystal.

That's actually one of the reasons I made this thread. So that there could be a unified place to post this kind of stuff, instead of there being more and more separate threads about it.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

I know about that one. That's the Magenta crystal. Passes well enough for pink, although there's a noticeable difference between them in the pink-magenta crystal.

That's actually one of the reasons I made this thread. So that there could be a unified place to post this kind of stuff, instead of there being more and more separate threads about it.

Yes, but you said you wanted a pink crystal with a white core. That's what the one I posted is. They call it magenta, but let's face it... it's pink, not magenta. In fact, if you look at a saber that it's actually in, it says "Light Red" on the lightsaber itself. Yes, the new Pink-Magenta on the cartel market has a noticeable difference, didn't ever say it doesn't but they could call the crafted magenta crystal a vermillion crystal, wouldn't mean it wasn't pink-white. Also, if you look carefully the "pink" part is the same on the pink-purple, pink-magenta, and the crafted magenta. It's all the same color or damn close enough. So, adding a pink-white to the cartel market would be a slap in the face to artificers, though right now the cartel crystals pretty much do that anyway.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

• 4 weeks later...

I would like 3 colours...

lvl1 standard red

lvl1 standard blue

lvl1 standard green

... just like the lvl1 standard yellow (automatically equipped in all CM weapons) these crystals would have absolutely NO stat boosts, thus they will not hinder artifice item sales (since the lowest lvl crystals made by using artifice ((lvl7)) do have stat boosts). They would simply be a purely cosmetic change to blade/bolt colour, so that players do not have 2 wait until lvl7 to have the colour they want.:)

Edited by Mlnvifun

All of these are great suggestions.

I would like to see the cartel market crystals become less rare and have the more difficult to craft crystals become more valuable.

Examples:

Magenta crystals, the crafting mats are difficult to obtain and SHOULD be more valuable. Those of us who craft Magenta crystals have to travel to Alderan and hope that the nodes haven't been farmed already. We then must travel to Tython or Korriban to use the crystal tuner to turn them into the proper mat. Next travel to Tattooine and hope there is a node open to get the water. Next travel to Hoth to freeze the water. After freezing the water on Hoth we must now get a healer and maybe a tank to come with us to Illum to defeat the force ghost so that we can get the final crafting mat.

Finally we can craft a single Magenta crystal as long as we have the other lvl 6 crafting mats to complete the process.

Currently on the GTN on JC the Magenta crystal sells for less than the cost of the time and credits invested into making the crystal.

Plain Purple crystals also require an abundance of mats and the cost of buying the mats on the GTN is more expensive than the cost of the crystal it's self.

If the cartel market crystals were less rare then it may allow for the crafted crystals to become more valuable, i hope. of course there is always the chance that making the cartel market crystals would have the opposite effect which would suck even more...

All of these are great suggestions.

I would like to see the cartel market crystals become less rare and have the more difficult to craft crystals become more valuable.

Examples:

Magenta crystals, the crafting mats are difficult to obtain and SHOULD be more valuable. Those of us who craft Magenta crystals have to travel to Alderan and hope that the nodes haven't been farmed already. We then must travel to Tython or Korriban to use the crystal tuner to turn them into the proper mat. Next travel to Tattooine and hope there is a node open to get the water. Next travel to Hoth to freeze the water. After freezing the water on Hoth we must now get a healer and maybe a tank to come with us to Illum to defeat the force ghost so that we can get the final crafting mat.

Finally we can craft a single Magenta crystal as long as we have the other lvl 6 crafting mats to complete the process.

Currently on the GTN on JC the Magenta crystal sells for less than the cost of the time and credits invested into making the crystal.

Plain Purple crystals also require an abundance of mats and the cost of buying the mats on the GTN is more expensive than the cost of the crystal it's self.

If the cartel market crystals were less rare then it may allow for the crafted crystals to become more valuable, i hope. of course there is always the chance that making the cartel market crystals would have the opposite effect which would suck even more...

Makes a change, its normally overpriced for the littlest of efforts to craft something, while what you said is rather long-winded and overly too much effort even for me to do, but then i am not into magenta or purple, i prefer the basic blue.

I price my crafted items differently, well i see it as more realistic pricing, my pricing isn't based on if there are any idiotic morons that are too stupid to know what an item is worth.

Overall, a crafted item's price should be based on the rarity of the crafting materials used in making the item, thats how i see it, so the harder to get items would be more pricey and the easily made stuff would be more cheaper, which it should be, instead of how it is right now.