The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

need help on wich packs to get

Orcjedi

Ok guys.. i really want to get some rare crystals from the packs.. but i dont know wich packs to get.. any suggestion?.. i want cyan or purple.

You can easily find out in game! Go into collections and find the crystal you want then click on the little magnifying glass. This will popup a window that says like "This is a SUPER RARE found in the Star Cluster Nightlife Pack" or whatever. HOWEVER, if you are buying packs to get a specific item, I wouldn't do that... Instead, buy the packs but do not open them. Sell the packs on the market unopened, then use the money you make to buy the crystal you want. This way, you are guaranteed to get your crystal, and you will not be the guy who opened 187 packs, didn't get a varactyl and swore that Bioware OWED him a varactyl. Because, if he'd sold those 187 packs on the market he probably could have made at least 18,700,000 which would buy him like almost 10 varactyls!

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

the collections tab will answer everything. you can go to the 'packs' section and see everything in a particular pack. you will notice that most items can be seen throughout multiple packs. the chances of getting a particular thing is pretty rare, but there are multiple ways of thinking.

if you buy several packs (about 7 or 8) you can get a few 'credit booms' and 'credit explosions', each with about 75K or 100K and then buy the item you want off the GTN if you don't manage to find it in the packs themselves.

another tactic is to pick a pack with the most amount of things you like in it. i like the interstellar regulator's dorn weapons found in the hotshot starfighter packs. i am just as happy to find a pistol as a rifle in that pack, so my chances of getting something i like has doubled. then i can mail the blaster to an alt that can use it.

even if you don't find anything you like, you can trade a popular item or sell it on the GTN for enough credits to buy the item. unopened packs also go for about 200K or 300K on the GTN but it might take a while to sell it. remember that you may find a mount that could go for 1 mil. not only that but you may find a few items that could collectively add up way beyond that.

also by the way, you can also get unlimited copies from the collections tab once you bind the item by equipping it. you can then spend CC to unlock the item on all characters.

You can easily find out in game! Go into collections and find the crystal you want then click on the little magnifying glass. This will popup a window that says like "This is a SUPER RARE found in the Star Cluster Nightlife Pack" or whatever. HOWEVER, if you are buying packs to get a specific item, I wouldn't do that... Instead, buy the packs but do not open them. Sell the packs on the market unopened, then use the money you make to buy the crystal you want. This way, you are guaranteed to get your crystal, and you will not be the guy who opened 187 packs, didn't get a varactyl and swore that Bioware OWED him a varactyl. Because, if he'd sold those 187 packs on the market he probably could have made at least 18,700,000 which would buy him like almost 10 varactyls!

wow thanks... i didnt know about looking into the collection and actually it tells you wich packs has them.. but then again what u tell me about selling them into the GTN is a better idea.. thanks.

the collections tab will answer everything. you can go to the 'packs' section and see everything in a particular pack. you will notice that most items can be seen throughout multiple packs. the chances of getting a particular thing is pretty rare, but there are multiple ways of thinking.

if you buy several packs (about 7 or 8) you can get a few 'credit booms' and 'credit explosions', each with about 75K or 100K and then buy the item you want off the GTN if you don't manage to find it in the packs themselves.

another tactic is to pick a pack with the most amount of things you like in it. i like the interstellar regulator's dorn weapons found in the hotshot starfighter packs. i am just as happy to find a pistol as a rifle in that pack, so my chances of getting something i like has doubled. then i can mail the blaster to an alt that can use it.

even if you don't find anything you like, you can trade a popular item or sell it on the GTN for enough credits to buy the item. unopened packs also go for about 200K or 300K on the GTN but it might take a while to sell it. remember that you may find a mount that could go for 1 mil. not only that but you may find a few items that could collectively add up way beyond that.

also by the way, you can also get unlimited copies from the collections tab once you bind the item by equipping it. you can then spend CC to unlock the item on all characters.

thanks for the info... im a total noob when it comes to GTN and Cartel items.. may the force be with you.. and get u endless cookies :p

Don't buy any of the packs right now. You'll be better off saving your CC for the "First Grand Color Crystal Pack" or whatever it's called that will surely show up on CM soon. Right now they've given us the hilariously ridiculous "First Grand Emote Pack" (fu, btw.)

Unless of course you need it right now.