Game over

tuncu

30 Ultimate commendation and 10 ultimate for Flashpoints. People with 2 operation reaching to commendation cap then no one join ops. Dear bioware what will i do? Should i subscribe again for nothing.:mad:

30 Ultimate commendation and 10 ultimate for Flashpoints. People with 2 operation reaching to commendation cap then no one join ops. Dear bioware what will i do? Should i subscribe again for nothing.:mad:
I wish I had the time to run two ops a week on each of my alts (see below). They all have the gear for it.

Anyway, the complaint here seems to be that BW is now giving out Ultimates more freely, and therefore allowing people to hit the weekly cap more easily, and that being able to get Ultimates more easily is a bad thing?

Edited by BuriDogshin

I have more alts than time available for this game truth be told, but I believe it wouldn't exactly hurt Bioware or this game to increase - at the very least - the global max limit for Ultimate and Elite commendations. Edited by Darth_Wicked

For that matter, why is there a cap on Planetary Commendations?

I've now got several alts (level 24-43) with 100 Planetary Commendations each. I use those commendations to purchase mods and gear for starter alts.

I understand there is the possibility of farming for these commendations, purchasing mods, then selling them on the GTN, but so what? It's not as if lower level mods are available on the GTN in plentitude.

And I do know the game mechanic allows for more than 100 Planetary Commendations because one of my older and higher level alts currently has 124 Planetary Commendations.

And I do know the game mechanic allows for more than 100 Planetary Commendations because one of my older and higher level alts currently has 124 Planetary Commendations.

Is that alt from back when they had comms for each planet? I believe when they did the conversion to the new system, they (quite understandably) did not cap the number of converted comms. But just that once.

Is that alt from back when they had comms for each planet? I believe when they did the conversion to the new system, they (quite understandably) did not cap the number of converted comms. But just that once.

This is correct.

When 2.0 first dropped, if your combined planetary commendations added up to more than 100, they didn't delete any. You were allowed to exceed the cap.

Edited by Khevar

Yes, but that does not indicate the applicable database is limited by anything other than an arbitrary cap.

If you've got so many alts, cap them *all* and then come whine.

Why must differing opinions always be characterized in pejorative terms? Does it make you feel superior? Do you believe doing so confers you an instant "I'm right, you're wrong" token? I'm just curious.

This is correct.

When 2.0 first dropped, if your combined planetary commendations added up to more than 100, they didn't delete any. They allowed you to exceed the cap.

Actually no.

When 2.0 was first released, the max limit was 50 or so. Only afterwards they increased to 100.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.0-rothc/rise-hutt-cartel-and-scum-and-villainy

Weekly limits are now enforced on Commendation gains for certain Commendation type. Players will not be able to obtain any Commendations beyond the weekly limit displayed in the Currency Window. This limit is reset on a weekly schedule that corresponds with the weekly Operations lockout reset schedule. Limits are as follows:

Planetary Commendations - Unlimited Weekly; 50 Maximum

Classic Commendations - 200 Weekly; 400 Maximum

Basic Commendations - 300 Weekly; 600 Maximum

Elite Commendations - 200 Weekly; 400 Maximum

Ultimate Commendations – 150 Weekly; 300 Maximum

Let us please not try to rewrite history as it was, even if unintentionally.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yes, but that does not indicate the applicable database is limited by anything other than an arbitrary cap.

... and maybe the number of bits allocated to that field in the record for the toon, but yes, unless some idiot decided to hardcode byte-sized fields or signed byte math into the code, the comm caps could be much larger. They do not even need to exist, from a SW POV, but there they are, so BW must have a business reason for them -- encouraging people to roll alts perhaps?

Actually no.

When 2.0 was first released, the max limit was 50 or so. Only afterwards they increased to 100.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.0-rothc/rise-hutt-cartel-and-scum-and-villainy

Oops.

But the point about allowing one to beat the cap is correct.

My main had ~200 planetary commendations the morning after 2.0 dropped.

Edited by Khevar

... and maybe the number of bits allocated to that field in the record for the toon, but yes, unless some idiot decided to hardcode byte-sized fields or signed byte math into the code, the comm caps could be much larger. They do not even need to exist, from a SW POV, but there they are, so BW must have a business reason for them -- encouraging people to roll alts perhaps?

To me, it's no major thing, I'd certainly like to see the cap lifted, but it's not so important that I'd ever post on it again. I grind A LOT and rack up Planetary Commendations like crazy and it's simply a matter of some minor annoyance when I can no longer pick them up. I'm a cheapskate :D but a very wealthy one.

Oops.

But the point about allowing one to beat the cap is correct.

My main had ~200 planetary commendations the morning after 2.0 dropped.

I could be wrong since it has been over a year but from memory, I believe you weren't able to exceed 100 planetary comms when RoTHC came out.

Anything above that value would be lost.

I could be wrong since it has been over a year but from memory, I believe you weren't able to exceed 100 planetary comms when RoTHC came out.

Anything above that value would be lost.

There was a grace period shortly after that you could carry over the conversion from individual planet comms to the single planet comms.

I can't understand what you just wrote quite honestly.

When they converted the comms from say Balmorran comms to planetary comms, you would have lost a number of these if they didn't allow for more than the 100. For a short period after RotHC you were allowed to have more than the 100 planetary comms. Such as for my smuggler I had nearly 300 comms. Once you spent these to go below the 100 comm level it set the level to be 100 thereafter.

Edited by ikinai

For the record...

Starting out in Rise of the Hutt Cartel - a guide

And I quote...

(...) Planetary commendation cap: 100 (this includes the one time overflow limit). 100 planetary commendations will allow you to buy some L52 mods on Makeb. Remember that Tionese cystals will also get converted to planetary comms at a ratio of 2:1 (2 crystals for 1 comm). (...)

In other words, I'm going to call a gigantic BS on whoever said that 200 planetary comms or more on a single character was remotely possible.

EDIT:

And this already in addition to the patch notes as I brought up here.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

For the record...

Starting out in Rise of the Hutt Cartel - a guide

And I quote...

In other words, I'm going to call a gigantic BS on whoever said that 200 planetary comms or more on a single character was remotely possible.

EDIT:

And this already in addition to the patch notes as I brought up here.

It was a decision after the fact. I did indeed have nearly 300 comms. Believe it or not. I have no reason to lie about it, cause really they were planetary comms, like who really cared about those?

Also, official word from Eric on the subject before the release of the RoTHC...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5970288&postcount=46

And I quote...

(...) What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost. (...)

Regardless, to each his own I guess. I can't really remember for the life of me having a character with more than 100 planetary commendations, with the overflow already included.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Also, official word from Eric on the subject before the release of the RoTHC...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5970288&postcount=46

And I quote...

Regardless, to each his own I guess. I can't really remember for the life of me having a character with more than 100 planetary commendations, with the overflow already included.

Obviously Eric misspoke because after not having played the game in almost two years I logged on and found one of my alts with 124 Planetary Commendations. Perhaps what he meant was Planetary Commendations accrued in excess of 100 would not be added.

It's a moot issue, certainly not worth impugning anyone's integrity.

Edited by scratcha
grammar

Obviously Eric misspoke because after not having played the game in almost two years I logged on and found one of my alts with 124 Planetary Commendations. Perhaps what he meant was PMs accrued in excess of 100 would not be added.

As I mentioned already, that was made possible ONLY after they increased the original limit by an additional 50 Planetary comms.

When RoTHC was first released, the max limit was 100 Planetary comms, overflow included. After that, the max limit was 50. It's all here.

Sometime down the road, they increased the limit for Planetary, Classic and Basic comms.

It's a moot issue, certainly not worth impugning anyone's integrity.

I just find it pointless to rewrite history, even if unintentionally. To each his own concerning "integrity" on an Internet forum. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I just find it pointless to rewrite history, even if unintentionally. To each his own concerning "integrity" on an Internet forum. :rolleyes:

Believe me, as a former History professor and frequenter of numerous websites devoted thereto I understand your fervor. And I do hope you're not questioning my integrity -- as I've said numerous times in other threads here, being perceived 'right' on any Internet forum is of little consequence to me. :)