The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

alternate XP boost ideas

The current XP boosts increase the amount of experience gained from activities for 1 or 3 hours. unfortunately, you still have to do work to get the XP. if you sat around the fleet doing nothing, you would not gain any XP. i am not sure about anyone else, but i would just like experience handed out plain and simple. i have come up with two concepts to add to the game.

my first idea is an XP 'packet' that immediately grants a certain amount of experience based on your level. this is similar to a reputation boost, there are small, medium, and large boosts. there should be a small cooldown for using the instant boost, i would say 5 minutes.

my second idea is a gradual XP packet that grants more XP than the instant one, but slowly over time. of course, you have the small, medium, and large variations, each lasting 30/60/90 minutes. you can only have one at a time, and the larger the boost, the more XP is gained within a certain period of time. say that the small gives 1 XP a second, but the medium gives 2 XP per second and so on.

i think that both of these should not be enhanced by rested XP, the current form of boosts, or double XP day. i certainly know that people will call this "pay to win" so i say get over it. people can get XP in other ways, and so long as this is not OP or anything, who cares. people have a big problem with P2W, but i think that the CM should be used to bypass work, not gain free power. there is a balance however, and i intend to keep it.