The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quest: A Cure For Armageddon

MostlyAutumn

Hi all,

I just reached my first 55 - a Sith juggernaut - before I finished the storyline. I decided to continue but with only a few quests left I am stuck at the quest: "A Cure For Armageddon" in Makeb. You have to shoot down 3 Warhound skyfighters with missiles. These skyfighters are actually elite Hutt droids, very confusing (I was looking in the sky...).

When I had 2 out of 3 there was not a valid droid left. I found a movie on youtube. The player in the movie has just like me 2 out of 3 "skyfighters" down. He walks to a red door, selects the missile and walks through the green door. I've seen this part over and over but for me there is no way to enter. What did I miss? I have 2 other Sith chars but don't like to level them with the knowledge that I can't finish them.

Any help appreciated so can I finish my story. Thanks.

Link of the movie on youtube I mentioned, by Belligerent tank:

Edited by MostlyAutumn
added link movie i mentioned also Makeb

I remember this quest. You have to shoot down the skyfighters with missiles - the elite Hutt droids do not count, but you have to destroy them to get to the place where you should shoot with the missiles.

So basically look on your map there should be a small circular area displayed where you have to go and in this area activate the missiles (I think it is a mission item that you have to activate). After that you can access the room that was previously blocked by a red field (= means you cannot access it) as it will have a green field (= accessible) then.

In the video you can see at around 16:01 that the player gets the mission to shoot down the skyfighters. At 16:56 you can see how he is doing it the first time. Second time at 17:12 and last time at around 23 minutes. After that he could reach the room.

If you have two out of three you must have missed one area. After activitation of the missile item there shold be a short cinematic sequence where the sky fighter is blown up. Maybe you pressed ESC and stopped the action so that it did not count?

Edited by Cawyden

Thanks for your reply. I'm stuck at 22:56 in the movie. Defeated a few soldiers and on my way to the red door, like the player in the movie I have also 2 missiles. Strangely I got them from shooting down Hutt elite droids, but couldn't find a valid third druid. Maybe it doesn't matter if I should druids or not, but firing them at the right place matters. I will try to fire a missile at the only spot left on the map. I think this should be the bridge to the red door. The missile on my screen is lighter here, but I didn't know a target because there are no vaild druids.

I also made a ticket and received a few suggestions, i will try to finish, thanks.

Edited by MostlyAutumn
finish should be fire

Ok, been in Makeb again. It might be a technical problem but what or who do I have to select before I fire the third missile? Without target I get the message: You don't need to use that right now". I tried to fire the last missile on the bridge before the red door (in movie at about 23 minutes).

You should only activate the mission item that is displayed next to your quest and that's it. You don't have to target anything or anyone just make sure you are in the area that is displayed on your map.

As you have to shoot three missiles, is it possible that you already shoot your missile on the bridge you are currently standing (the one with the red door) and you have to go someplace else? Does your map show your current position as the relevant quest area for this quest?

Thanks again, it helped a lot. Good news is that I've seen the quest works, when I tried other location there was a player actually doing the quest. She told me to fire a missile from every balcony. Sometimes there is a Hutt elite which you have to beat to get there. For me the quest doesn't work. I can't fire a missile from the only spot left on my map, probably because I was firing missiles to the Hutt droids.

I reset the quest, this means I have to go back to the start to beat isotope droids, but I did this before. When i'm back to fire missiles I will shoot them from the balcony, without a Hutt droid target. :p

I consider this closed, thanks a lot for the replies.

Edited by MostlyAutumn
missiles

Sunday: I completed "A cure for armageddon". Defeated 3 isotope druids, collected 3 missiles and fired them from the spots on the map. The first 2 missiles I fired from 2 different balconies, the third missile from the start of the bridge, on my way to the red door.

I don't think it makes sense to walk to a red door after 2 of the 3 missiles you need, but this was the tricky part. If you know it, it's easy. After you fire the third missile, the door becomes green. After this quest I could complete the storyline.

Edited by MostlyAutumn

• 2 years later...
The three warhounds fighters are available from the edges of the facility, they just can't all be accessed from inside. I kept trying to get to the third one from the inside. For some, you have to exit on the "land" side and enter from there. Same for the bonus quest available.