Cannot Equip HK-51 With armoring mods

fortypilots

So i had some extra Basic Commendations that i wanted to use for my HK-51 since my opinion is that he is the best DPS companion. I needed to upgrade his "secondary motor" which are technically boots (see attached picture here), so i buy the black market menders mk-1 boots, rip out all the mods (as shown in the pic here , and transfer all the mods.... except the armoring mod doesnt want to give (i get this error). I know that armoring mods, barrels, and hilts are specific to items (so for amoring, helmet goes to helmet, boots go to boots... etc, and helmet cannot go on boots). But even when they are technically the same, this doesn't work.

I dont know a work-around (and if there is one, please let me know), but even if there is one, this should be fixed. You can do this with any other companion just fine.

TL;DR: HK-51 cannot receive armoring mods into his custom armor from basic/elite/ultimate gear vendors. (after riping them out from said basic/elite/ultimate gear)

So i had some extra Basic Commendations that i wanted to use for my HK-51 since my opinion is that he is the best DPS companion. I needed to upgrade his "secondary motor" which are technically boots (see attached picture here), so i buy the black market menders mk-1 boots, rip out all the mods (as shown in the pic here , and transfer all the mods.... except the armoring mod doesnt want to give (i get this error). I know that armoring mods, barrels, and hilts are specific to items (so for amoring, helmet goes to helmet, boots go to boots... etc, and helmet cannot go on boots). But even when they are technically the same, this doesn't work.

I dont know a work-around (and if there is one, please let me know), but even if there is one, this should be fixed. You can do this with any other companion just fine.

TL;DR: HK-51 cannot receive armoring mods into his custom armor from basic/elite/ultimate gear vendors. (after riping them out from said basic/elite/ultimate gear)

His armorings can be replaced. Just not with end game commendation armorings from armor pieces. Same with all the droid companions. This isn't a bug. Droids parts aren't the same as armor/clothing pieces. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Find someone to make armoring or buy them from the GTN.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

His armorings can be replaced. Just not with end game commendation armorings from armor pieces. Same with all the droid companions. This isn't a bug. Droids parts aren't the same as armor/clothing pieces. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Find someone to make armoring or buy them from the GTN.

Yeah, i understand why you would not be able to switch armor/clothing pieces with droid stuff. However, for mods of those items, it should be compatible. For T7-01 (Jedi Knight companion), it works just fine. So why doesnt it work for hk?

Those are bound to chest, legs, head, etc. so they can' t be used in droid parts since they don't have those designations. You claim you can put these pieces in T7's droid parts but you should not be able to so you are either mistaken on what pieces you have (if they were bound to a slot or not) or it's a bug that you were able to use slot-bound mods in droid parts. At least that has been my understanding of things ever since mods were bound to specific slots.

Those are bound to chest, legs, head, etc. so they can' t be used in droid parts since they don't have those designations. You claim you can put these pieces in T7's droid parts but you should not be able to so you are either mistaken on what pieces you have (if they were bound to a slot or not) or it's a bug that you were able to use slot-bound mods in droid parts. At least that has been my understanding of things ever since mods were bound to specific slots.

I was able to with T7 when i played with my jedi knight.

After all the response i recieved, i guess it may not be a bug. However, i think it should be treated as such. There really isnt a market for droid armor, and the armor you can have crafters make are not customizable, and if they are, they are 156 level. If we want to put end-game mods in for our droid companions, i think we should be able to. The other alternative is to buy or craft 180 armor, hilts, and barrels, and buying them for 4mil is a little out of my league at the moment.

TL;DR I am respectively, and politely asking if they can take a look at this and add/fix so you can put armoring, hilts, and barrels into equivalent droid gear.

TL;DR I am respectively, and politely asking if they can take a look at this and add/fix so you can put armoring, hilts, and barrels into equivalent droid gear.

Should move this to suggestions, then. It's not a bug. Also, you can swap the barrels and hilts. You just can't swap armor from armoring to droid part.

Should move this to suggestions, then. It's not a bug. Also, you can swap the barrels and hilts. You just can't swap armor from armoring to droid part.

EDIT: No its not a bug.

Droid parts for HK which is great, you can equip mods in his weapon.

Edited by ZahirS

Based on my knowledge, I know that low level armorings (anything below 50+ gear) can be changed between droid parts and player/human parts.

I was led to believe that you could not transfer bound armorings that were already assigned to a human armoring slot to a droid part.

However, I would like to see more responses from other people and possibly someone from Bioware/EA to confirm this.

Based on my knowledge, I know that low level armorings (anything below 50+ gear) can be changed between droid parts and player/human parts.

However, I would like to see more responses from other people and possibly someone from Bioware/EA to confirm this.

This is correct, below level 50 armorings, regardless of quality, do not bind to slot. But, the OP's problem is different, and as has been mentioned, its not a bug.

I really hope the devs give the Droids and in particular, HK a good pass for 3.0.

This is correct, below level 50 armorings, regardless of quality, do not bind to slot. But, the OP's problem is different, and as has been mentioned, its not a bug.

I really hope the devs give the Droids and in particular, HK a good pass for 3.0.

They could easily fix this by adding new droid armor either Cartel or Reputation.

I have to say it again, either the OP is confused at what armouring he was using (bound-to-slot versus unbound stuff) or he encountered a bug if he truly did put a slot-bound armouring into T7's droid parts. I tested it today with a 156 (old 66) armouring bound to the feet slot and it was a no-go. I personally hate the slot bound stuff as I think it's stupid but BioWare loves it.

They could easily fix this by adding new droid armor either Cartel or Reputation.

Well, there's a couple of problems.

Firstly, If I spend the 350CC to buy HK on a new alt, he comes naked, the gear he has offers nothing, so for all intents, he is naked. Id love to see this addressed by supplying a level 10 kit, like you get with Treek, so that would be your baseline, and you can just add the higher mods as you go, just like any companion if you use orange gear on them.

Secondly, which is basically the OP's concern, is end game gearing of the droids. With all other companions, you can dress them directly in dread forged or any stuff you can buy with the comms, or just move all the mods over to a set you like, easy peasy.

With droids(4X, HK, Scrpio, T7) however, you have to go through these contorted gates(via recipes and rare mats) they put up, lord know why they went this way, but it needs to stop, its just ridiculous.

My solution? just get rid of it altogether and just use the same 7 body slots every other character in the game has.

This saves the devs, as they would never have to worry about them ever again.

Edited by Mowermanx

Well, there's a couple of problems.

Firstly, If I spend the 350CC to buy HK on a new alt, he comes naked, the gear he has offers nothing, so for all intents, he is naked. Id love to see this addressed by supplying a level 10 kit, like you get with Treek, so that would be your baseline, and you can just add the higher mods as you go, just like any companion if you use orange gear on them.

Secondly, which is basically the OP's concern, is end game gearing of the droids. With all other companions, you can dress them directly in dread forged or any stuff you can buy with the comms, or just move all the mods over to a set you like, easy peasy.

With droids(4X, HK, Scrpio, T7) however, you have to go through these contorted gates(via recipes and rare mats) they put up, lord know why they went this way, but it needs to stop, its just ridiculous.

My solution? just get rid of it altogether and just use the same 7 body slots every other character in the game has.

This saves the devs, as they would never have to worry about them ever again.

I agree. They should be interchangeable, and droid parts reclassified as Head, Chest, etc. But this still isn't a bug. This thread should probably be moved to suggestions.