The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

add color crystals with effects

so, with certain CM lightsabers, there are certain effects to them.

the volatile derelict saber has this gaseous vapor at the base of the blade.

the ziost guardian has lightning at the base.

that is just a couple, i've seen others, and a lot of them. however, all of these are only at the base of the blade, which i find odd. i haven't seen any blasters with effects, though.

i was wondering if you could have color crystals in the CM with different effects put into them. this would also be good because the color crystals already ingame do not have as high of a rating as other end-game mods. eventually, i would imagine that bioware would have to buff the current crystals, which i would very much love to see, i love my crystals! anyway, just an idea to throw out there!

blaster bolts and lightsaber blades could be charged with lightning, or they could be engulfed in vaporous plasma all the way to the end. maybe you could have certain parts gleam with energy, and the energy slowly moves around in the blade or bolt like a lava lamp.

if this was to be implemented, i would love to see some minor bonuses to it. the vaporous plasma melts through armor, increasing armor penetration by 2%. the lightning-infused crystals deal minor energy damage to the target in addition to the regular abilities. the patchy, shifting, glowing energy of the last crystal increases all damage dealt by 2% as a result of its caustic, yet seemingly calm nature.

i feel that these crystals should be rarer than their regular counterparts, and should give minor combat benefits as a result.

Edited by CyberneticDucks

• 3 weeks later...

I like this idea - I had seen something kind of similar in SW: CWA. Certain Lightsabers on there had some special effect crystals - that would make the blade standard length, short (came with Ahsoka Tano's Offhand Lightsaber Hilt), pulsing (came with the Ancient Shotem Jedi Lightsaber Hilt), sparking (came with the Ancient Bravis Sith Lightsaber Hilt), lightning (came with the ), emerald lightning (came with the Forgotten Jedi Lightsaber Hilt), curved [Katana] (at tip of the blade - came with the Ancient Mestare Lightsaber Hilt), flashing (came with the Ancient Cobal Jedi Lightsaber Hilt), spiraling (came with the Ancient Ermi Jedi Lightsaber Hilt), zig-zag (came with the Ancient Dahgee Lightsaber Hilt), unstable beam (came with the Ancient Savek Sith Lightsaber Hilt), compressed beam (came with the Ancient Miko Jedi Lightsaber Hilt), tapered beam (came with Kyle Katarn's Lightsaber Hilt), sparkling (came with the Kashyyyk Lightsaber Hilt) or have bubbles come out (came with the Gungan Lightsaber Hilt).

CWA also had some Jedi class rewards (in the last year and a half, I think, prior to it closing down) - that included: Compressed Tapered Beam Effect Crystal; Unstable Tapered Beam Effect Crystal; Radiating Ring Effect Crystal (came with the Forgotten Jedi Reverse Lightsaber Hilt, as a reward for gathering red and blue holograms or holocrons on Felucia).

So there are some ideas, too. Of course, to add effects to Lightsabers (and possibly other weapons) in TOR would probably require a new slot in the modify section.

Edited by SWLoveAngel