The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will I Be Able to Live Stream SWTOR in HD? (Connection Speed & PC Specs Included)

Hostility

Okay, so basically I just moved back home after graduating college and I was able to live stream a little bit back at school since the connection was phenomenal but I'm not so sure if I will be able to at home.

This is my current connection speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3522706024

I know that there are some streamers who stream in 720p with a 1.8 upload, my upload is just a little bit higher than that, but my download speed and ping aren't all that great so it has me a little worried. As far as my PC specs go I know that my PC can handle streaming but I will post the specs here anyways just so you all can get a clear handle of what I'm dealing with.

PC Specs:

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7870

CPU - AMD FX-8320

MoBo - Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

RAM - Dual Channel DDR3 (8GB)

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I hope to hear from some of you very soon

Okay, so basically I just moved back home after graduating college and I was able to live stream a little bit back at school since the connection was phenomenal but I'm not so sure if I will be able to at home.

This is my current connection speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3522706024

I know that there are some streamers who stream in 720p with a 1.8 upload, my upload is just a little bit higher than that, but my download speed and ping aren't all that great so it has me a little worried. As far as my PC specs go I know that my PC can handle streaming but I will post the specs here anyways just so you all can get a clear handle of what I'm dealing with.

PC Specs:

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7870

CPU - AMD FX-8320

MoBo - Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

RAM - Dual Channel DDR3 (8GB)

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I hope to hear from some of you very soon

Your machine should be excellent with OBS, however, your internet will pull you down. The upload speed your currently have will make the quality very poor. Viewers do not like poor quality streams, as I am sure you do not either. You are under 720 so you need to look at 540 and 384 which will be very lackluster. This is my channel. I have a 200 by 200 connection and even with this speed I think of my viewers and stream at 3000 to make sure everyone can enjoy it. I could stream at 10000 and then most won't be able to buffer it.

I've never been a fan of AT&T/ Waypoint/ Wanderingwifi connections. All those times in Starbucks, Panera, Bruggers, etc. with their drop every 5-10 minutes policies to prevent any major use of the connection. Not sure they do that with home connections (Five seconds with google shows that they probably do but can't say that for sure.) but I know two area businesses where I'm on call for, they both got rid of their AT&T lines because of connections problems.