The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mandalore The Ultimate's Set

Sorry but swtor miner has just released new images of the ingame version of mandalore the ultimates set. Honestly who the **** is desigining these sets? Please not mandalore the ultimates set...its just means something way too special, last tuang race mandalore etc etc. Just...have a look yourself guys - http://imgur.com/a/BLMMx

P.S - Rage ITT, was a set I was looking forward too.

Edited by Geordieland

Looks a little poor on detail to me. Again, mate, this item will scale a bit differently for type 3 body males. Picture is type 2 and Mandalore was a huge guy. Inspect it on pts. :)

I really like the Sith sets so far. I like how sensible they went with shoulder guards and the collar!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

While I am somewhat disappointed with the set as previewed there, I still think it's a very nice set. The complicated robes/drapery always depicted on Mandalore the Ultimate's gear would be well nigh impossible to replicate to any sense of accuracy with the game's limitations, so it seems an acceptable facsimile.

Anyone been able to find out if Mandalore the Ultimate's mask can be worn under hoods, or does it force hoods down like the Phantom set's mask?

Edited by Bejarid

from looking at it, it looks like it would cover the hood. It's not that bad of a piece of armor for the game lol just look at the Ajunta Pal male chest piece *ring* hello....yup...okay. HEY Bioware the 80's are on the phone they'd like their shoulder pads back. ON ALL THE ARMOR"

While I am somewhat disappointed with the set as previewed there, I still think it's a very nice set. The complicated robes/drapery always depicted on Mandalore the Ultimate's gear would be well nigh impossible to replicate to any sense of accuracy with the game's limitations, so it seems an acceptable facsimile.

Anyone been able to find out if Mandalore the Ultimate's mask can be worn under hoods, or does it force hoods down like the Phantom set's mask?

How come it would be 'impossible to replicate'? ***? Everything can be done if only people want it. There's no such thing as 'too comiplicated'. That's a childish, lazy and cheap excuse

Let's face facts: Mandalore the Ultimate chest is a failure. Not as big as Ajunta Pall's but still a failure.

How come it would be 'impossible to replicate'?

The game's engine was never really up to snuff for what they've tried to do graphically - look at how they constantly break (and rebreak) textures and meshes seemingly every other patch. I do agree that the set leaves much to be desired, but it could still have been a lot worse.

The game's engine was never really up to snuff for what they've tried to do graphically - look at how they constantly break (and rebreak) textures and meshes seemingly every other patch. I do agree that the set leaves much to be desired, but it could still have been a lot worse.

Ye but let's be honest - you do not really know limits of their engine and that doesn't even have anything to do with that anyway. Any texture, any elementt, any piece and any cape can be put here and there. Simply everything. Only if they wanted it.

Just as putting Togruta as playable species. They are bothered by animation of tentacles clipping or some other sort of small visual bug they don't like but could be just fine for most uf us. All it takes to fix is a little more effort. Like with erverything in life.

Edited by Satelle

you do not really know limits of their engine

No, I don't, but it is very likely the limiting factor as far as armor - and it cannot be discounted out of hand simply for strong wishes. For races (particularly Togruta, a species my wife also very much wants to be playable), I do think blaming the hardware is a cop-out on BW's part.

• 2 weeks later...

This set should have been done so much better.

Looks like it was rushed. Not sure what the excuse is but the Devs failed on this one, in both design details and color.

When you're recreating something we've seen in other media then you're going to be held to a higher standard than if this was just something totally new. Devs, please give this gear the respect it's due.